Floridian Ballrooms / Wedding planner personnel and subcontractor

17850 NW 2 StreetPembroke Pines, FL, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: 954/436-5524

My daughter and my brand new son-in-law wed on August 8, 2008, and booked the Floridian Ballrooms for the reception. They had the most disappointing and frustrating experience with the banquet personnel, from the general manager Damian Covos and his staff to a subcontractor they use, Fairytale Designs by Cary in Hialeah, FL.

They had a very good first impression of the place on their first few visits, until the problems started. One of the first problems they encountered was the printing of the invitations. They were made by the Fairytale Designs, not once, not twice, but three times before they could get it right, due to consecutive errors in spelling, formatting and design. This resulted in delay of mailing of the invitations. But the most infuriating part of this whole thing is the inability of these people to take responsibilities, to talk professionally and not be so rude and to offer any consolation to us. They spent more time making excuses and being so defensive. Whenever a new problem would arise, my daughter would call the office time and time again, only to be ignored and not get a call back. They were only accommodating to them when it was time to collect more payments. Here are some example of their comments: 1. When my daughter complained about the invitations, Mr. Covos replied that this happens all the time, and they have no control over it. In other words, they don't even check the finish product and just sends it on to the customer and forget about it. Then when my daughter and her husband finally asked why they do not follow up on these problems or call them back, Mr. Covos again answered, "we can't possibly follow up on everybody, we have too many clients. 2. On the day of the wedding, the flowers delivered to the ballroom was the wrong color and when we complained to Cary, the subcontractor, she rudely answered, "the flowers are not in season, it is what it is."

These people charge a pretty penny for their service, they should not be in a business with this kind of attitude.

More Floridian Ballrooms Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ca
  18th of Sep, 2008
This Banquet Hall has very sucky food.I went to a wedding thre and a christmas Party. Half the staff did not speak English. the food was so horrible.
Would not recommend it at all
An
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have to disagree with the comments posted avobe. My experience at Floridian Ballrooms was outstanding the service was awesome, the staff is wram and invitting. The decorations outstanding and the food excellent. I will recomend the Floridian Ballrooms to any one i know fabulous venue.
Ha
  13th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I have had even worse problems with this company. The manager, Damian Covos, cashed my deposit check and took off with the money. He claimed he never received the check, yet I hand delivered it to him. I have the bank statements to prove it. This guy is a thief! Beware, I wouldn't let my worst enemy book an affair with them!
Ma
  2nd of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I think that it is the best place ever to hold any type of event...i went to many events and i worked with the company plenty of times...Starting from the owners to the manager(damian covos) who helped us in anything possible...i would trully recomend this place for any type of event...
Fr
  24th of Aug, 2009
This place is horrible. They are all about making a quick buck and not caring about the customers needs. I've heard of many law suits going against of clients trying to get their money. Would never recommend this company. They are highly un-professional and disappointing. There are many other companies that aren't as pricy that would give you 110% customer satisfaction.
Be
  8th of Feb, 2010
A Living Nightmare!
I had my wedding there in 2008 and have been completely traumatized. The food was horrible. I thought Memorial Hospital had catered my wedding. I had also upgraded both the cocktail hour and had a Venetian dessert table for over $1, 000. The "imported" cheese spread looked like two platters from Publix with some crackers. I've never been more embarressed! The Venetian table consisted of a bowl of chocolate M&M's and grapes. It was terrible. The photographer, contracted through the Floridian, couldn't even take one photo of the entire staircase. Also, after I paid Carey $3, 000 for upgraded lights, the photographer kept turing the Floridian lights on full blast because he didn't have the proper equipment to take pictures in dim lighting. The Dj, also contracted through the Floridian, did what ever he wanted and he couldn't speak English! The DJ, Photographer, and Master of Ceremony were all on a different agenda and didn't communicate with one another at all. As far as the waiters are concerned, while in my wedding dresss, I asked the waiter for some sugar for my coffee, and he told me they didn't have anymore. This place may be okay for a quinceanera or sweet sixteen, but definitely not a wedding!! The worst part about everything is that Im still paying my credit card off for something that made me lose sleep for countless hours. Damian tried to compensate us, but the event was completely ruined and can never be done again. If I had the money, I definitely would've sued them. Don't Do It!!!
Af
  20th of Mar, 2010
I have mixed experiences with Florian, my brother got married there in 2007 and the service was outstanding!!! I was the wedding coordinator and all I had was compliments about the place, the drinks, flowers were beautiful!
I recommended the place to a co-worker that is getting marry in April and so far she have
so many complaints that I am thinking of not going to her wedding. I promised her that I was going to be there to make sure that everything was done properly and because I live 1 minute away from this place, I will be there first thing in the morning to verify that the flowers, cake, food and everything she asked for is okay.
I was going to have my daughters 15th. birthday there, but we decided to do it at the Signature Grand just to avoid any problems and confrontations. And regarding the commend about that Florida is good for Quinceaneras & Sweet 16 parties only, I hate to tell you but I have been to quinceanera parties were their parents have spend more then 75 thousand dollars on their daughter's birthday, parents are spending a fortune on these parties, even more than most people's wedding. Regarding Cary and Fairytale Desings, I could only say that she is one of the best in the Miami area, her stages are breathtaking and her flower arrangements are just a work of art. I am definetely using them for my daughter's 15th. party. At this point I think that the problem is not Fairytale Desings, it is Florian Banquet Hall that is cutting corners and have lower their standards and the quality of service they had in the past.
St
  5th of Aug, 2010
Everything people is complaining is true Those people the "Covos" love to steal money from the customers!!!
Wh
  6th of Jan, 2011
I disagree, I had my wedding in the Floridian Ballroom and It was the Best. The staff at the office were very helpful and sweet the staff at the party were amazing they helped me with whatever I needed and they were very warm. The food was great, fresh and delicious, the service is amazing. It is a great place to celebrate anything you want. I have nothing but good time there and I recommened to couple of friends and all were very happy.
Ca
  19th of Jul, 2011
Hi!!!
I was trying to do my wedding there but i guess is not a good idea...any sugestion ??? im from Pembroke Pines
Email me please ... cari1221@yahoo.com
Su
  21st of Aug, 2011
Absolutely AGREE with ALLL the Negative comments-----Living nightmare is basically the best way to describe it------they are unprofessional, rude, argumentative, and are only out for money. Once they have your money they treat you like you don't matter. You will not get a response to your questions, wether they are in email form or voicemail. SO DON'T BOTHER. They charge extra for everything. And what ever you do, do not use their subcontractors, you will not be happy... WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!
  28th of Sep, 2011
Sorry to hear so many bad comments, not being from the area it's one of the places we liked because it is so close to the Church that the wedding is at and the pictures look so nice. But for $15k ++ We're gonna have to think it over.
Le
  7th of Jan, 2012
Well I'm from out of town and i was thinking of having my wedding there does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Le
  7th of Jan, 2012
Sorry please email me at lele213@hotmail.com subject wedding locations, thanks
Di
  8th of Mar, 2012
, Reading this makes me think if... D'CLASS Banquet hall in Miami has the same so called owner Damien Covos could they be the same guy???? My daughter just had her wedding there and their service sucked big time, food was cold, chicken was dry salad was saggy and the bread hard as a rock, before the ceremony started they moved the alter because the microphone wasn't in ranched all this in front of our guest how unprofessional. They started taking out the centerpieces 1 hour before the party was over, I spent my daughters wedding giving complains to the staff. When I complained to management the next day, Damien Covos
e-mailed me apologising, he said he was the owner...I wonder could this be the same men???? Well I DO NOT RECOMMEND
D'CLASS BANQUET HALL in Miami to no one!!!
Yi
  13th of Apr, 2012
I got married in d'class in 2009 and I was amazed by their service and decorations. However I paid half the amount my sister is paying inf Floridian and she's getting married in two weeks, they're hiring an outside caterer because when they went for the food tasting they said the food was disgusting!!! I'm just praying that everything goes well because I don't want them to ruin their day!
Ch
  21st of Jun, 2016

Floridian Ballrooms - NONE
Floridian Ballrooms
Pembroke Pines
Florida

My wedding reception was held at the Floridian Ballrooms in Pembroke Pines, FL. The venue was picture perfect and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I loved the fact that the Floridian Ballrooms were with me every step of the way. I remember taking a moment watching all my family and friends dancing and having a great time. It was then I realized my wedding was more beautiful than anticipated. Months after my wedding, I still had loved ones commenting about how amazing the wedding turned out!

Just this past weekend, we celebrated my mother’s 50th surprise birthday party at the Floridian Ballrooms. The staff made it happen Again! The emotional reaction of my mother spoke a thousand words. The place looked AWESOME!

I can’t wait to plan our next family celebration at the Floridian Ballrooms.