Florida Leather Gallery / Bad service

1 Fort Myers, FL, United States Review updated:

I was told that the ordering of my sectional would take 10-12 weeks. After waiting 12 weeks, I sold my old furniture anticipating a delivery of my new sectional any day. I emailed my sales rep. numerous time for an update of the delivery. After 2 many failed attempts, I contacted the store and they informed me that it would be another month before I received my furniture. I was aggrivated that my sales rep did not let me know of the delay and was now stuck with no furniture for 4 more weeks. I was told that it arrived at the store and would be delivered on a Tuesday. My boyfriend took the day off to wait for the delivery. He finally called the store around 9am to get an idea of when the delivery would be made. The manager informed him that no delivery was scheduled for that day. When I called to complain, the manager basically blamed me that it was a miscommunication between me and the sales rep. All I was looking for was acknowledgement that a mistake had been made. Now, after 4 months I still have NO furniture. The part that gets ya is that I had to put a $400 non refundable deposit down and I can't afford to just walk away from that.

Va

Comments

6th of Jan, 2009

I wish I had read your comments before I started dealing with Florida Leather Gallery in Ft Myers. I ordered a sofa on 9/20 and our sales rep said it would take 10-12 weeks and we would not have the furniture for Thanksgiving but it would probably be here for Christmas. After numerous calls and getting the run around, I was told the furniture was on the boat and would be in Miami on 1-6-09 (obviously after Christmas). Now I'm being told it won't reach Miami until 1-15-09 - what a run-around ! Since I have paid 1/2 of the bill already I cannot cancel, but my complaint will not stop here. In todays world you would think people would go out of their way to give good service, apparently this is not important to this company.

27th of Jun, 2009

I have had many dealings with florida leather gallery, mostly positive. There have been some that have taken longer but come on people it's made to order. If you need the furniture now go to rooms to blo or equally as good quality kanes. I suppose you'd rather they rush the order of a $8000.00 sectional...

31st of Jul, 2009

First of all, let me preface this by saying I am not employed for this company...but I have been in the furniture business for 20 years in south Florida. If you are custom ordering furniture beaware there any many variables involved in getting your furniture delivered in a timely manner. Quoting a lead time can be a tricky thing in itself...and 16 weeks in most cases is a general rule for anything that is imported to you.
    Any salesperson with integrity is going to be upfront with you when you are special ordering merchandise.
    All custom quality furniture is worth the wait. Plan accordingly...or buy something that is in stock.

• Di
      22nd of Nov, 2009

mine is a doosey! I did not get rid of my old furniture until I had a delivery date. THEN the furniture arrived but it was not what I had ordered. There were several sofa options but the sales person was too idle to write the correct code! Now 19 weeks have passed, it is the week of Thanksgiving and we have no furniture, nor are we likely to see it before the end of March! And this is good service?

16th of Dec, 2009

We were told our love seat & sofa would come in 4wks b/c it was in stock. 4 wks turned into 6wks then 6wks turned into 8wks. I was just told today that they might not come in until the 1st of the year b/c there was a delay with the container. We did NOT special order anything from them. They told us point blank it's in stock and it would sent with the next shipment. I ordered them Nov 1st and I was supposed to have them the week of Thanksgiving.

No dice

In talking to them all of their excuses and explanation sound ridiculously shady and some of the stories above sound JUST LIKE the stuff they've told us.

Only reason we're not cancelling is b/c we can't find couches anywhere else that we like and we've sat on dozens of them.

I will never recommend this company to anyone for anything. They are SHADY!!!

• Fl
      22nd of Dec, 2009

We will never order from this FLG in Tampa again. Don't shop there! We plunked down a sizable downpayment in Sept for leather couches and dealt with Brad who was rude and disrepectful. I had a bad feeling but we liked the furniture. I wouldn't buy without having a delivery date of before Christmas and I was assured of this. Now it's December 22 and our couches "just arrived." I found this out only after the umpteenth call to the company today because their service SUCKS. To think that they've been sitting there and no one has called me! And, I was told that they only deliver Tues and Thurs and of course, they don't deliver Christmas Eve so my huband or I have to take a day off next week and wait around all day as they can't even give us a delivery window. I was told that the truck comes from Ft. Myers and it's up to the delivery crew where they want to go first. C'mon. I shop at Nordstrom and where it's all about customer service, people. You don't always get what you pay for. After my furniture does arrive (if it arrives), I intend to write to Natuzzi and the Attorney General for the state of FL and WFLA and request an inquiry into this shlock operation. They are nothing but a bunch of slick salesmen who get paid on commission. Customer comes last, money in their pockets comes first.

7th of Apr, 2010

Florida Leather Gallery has terrible customer service!!! I wish I had checked before purchasing our sectional there. We were told it would 14 to 16 weeks for our order to arrive... we finally got a call today, 20 weeks later. They never called us to keep us informed, we always had to call them. And now I have to take a whole day off for delivery of this couch since they can't schedule a time before the actual day. This is worse than the cable company!!! I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN.

• Db
      26th of Sep, 2010

I bought my leather furniture from the Tampa store. Back in 2005 and had a great deal. The manager/ sales guy Greg or Brad helped me with my choice and I learned more about leather than I ever thought Id know, HOWEVER it turns out Im glad I did !!
    I was told Aprox. 12 to 16 weeks and in 15 weeks it was in my house and still is.
    I still love it and see my friends choices from other stores and am very pleased with my dission. They said it would last fifteen years "with normal use" . IT LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO MAKE IT.
    Thanks Florida Leather Gallery !

23rd of Jan, 2013
    Florida Leather Gallery - no service on warrenty after 4 months
    florida leather gallery
    Bonita Springs
    Florida

We purchased a leather sofa which reclined on both ends. After one month one of the recliners quit working. They were contacted numerous times and four months later still not repaired. We opted for a replacement which was out of the question. We are ready to ask for our money back. Never recommend.

8th of May, 2013

all natuzzi is made in china(except for the italia line, which is expensive like 7000 for a section) most brands this store sells come from china, except palliser that's from mexico and ekornes from norway...takes a long time from china...

• Na
      12th of May, 2013

I went to Florida Leather Gallery, Sarasota, with my two elderly parents on Jan.9, 2013. They purchased two chairs in a matter of 40 minutes, totalling $6066.90. One was being delivered to Venice, Florida which took 4 weeks, mind you their warehouse is in Ft. Myers. They promised delivery within a week. The "circle" to lift the chair came after 6 weeks..
    The chair going to Boston area was suppose to be at their residence between 7-14 weeks. This chair also coming from Ft. Myers. This chair has not arrived yet and it is May 12th. After talking to the sales person Jerry Stokes, he informed me that this was not " rush ship" and it was out of his control. Let me tell you Jerry was certainly happy to get the commission on these chairs but was not helpful in any way.
    The "Mom and Pop" company they use to ship chairs still has not called up on where the chair is.When I did call them on April 25th, she gave me a "song and dance" about why the chair is not in the Boston area at the time...what a joke.
    So, now, I talk to Paul the store Manager, who would not give his last name. I explained, it has been 22 weeks and we still don't have the chair and DO NOT WANT THE CHAIR and we would like our money back. He insisted this was a "special order" and he would not refund the money or take back the chair. He was not friendly, not helpful and was really rude JUST LKE ONE OF THE OHTER REVIEWERS SAID Their customer service is the worst. Their return policy is unheard of and the company they use to ship items, should go out of business. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY ONE TO BUY FROM FLORIDA LEATHER GALLERY, SARASOTA.

• Sh
      18th of Jun, 2014

If you are looking for good, honest customer service, DO NOT go to Florida Leather Gallery. I got nothing but promises that were lies!!! After 10 weeks of waiting for furniture that was quoted to be delivered in 6-8 weeks, I have found out, that our furniture had not even been manufactured yet. That was the first lie from the manager, Vince. The day I purchased the furniture, I mentioned to him and my salesman Matt, that some of the review I saw about Florida Leather Gallery was they never delivered on time, his response, "oh that was because one of our past employees always was quoting unrealistic times, just to get the sale, he is no longer with us. Your furniture will be here in less than 8 weeks" Second lie, at 6 weeks, I called to check on the status of my deliver, I was told by Vince, "Pallisters website says your furniture is in production, it should be here in a week or two." Another week went by and I heard nothing, so I called again, Vince told me, "we found out last week the leather for your sofa and liove seat was declined buy the manufacturer twice, not sure when your delivery will be now" I stated this was unacceptable! First, why didn't someone call me to update me and second, why was I lied to about my furniture all ready in production. Vince's comment "I called the Pallister rep and she said this never happens. To make this up to you, we will either discount your original order or you can pick something else out". I went to the store to try to work this out. We decided to keep the original order, I really like the set and we had upgraded the leather because of the dogs. Vince promised because of the inconvenience to us, that would deliver a leather loaner set, just like the one in the showroom the next week AND discount my original order $300. This sounded wonderful and too good to be true! The best lie of all came yesterday when they'd delivered our loaner. If was the ugliest thing I have ever seen! The bone leather power recliner sofa, love set and chair that I was promised, turned out to be a ugly dark brown manual recliner chair coordinated with a horrible used FABRIC non reclining sofa and loveseat. The driver was not surprised at all that I declined it! I called Vince and he KNEW that was what was getting deliver. I have cancelled my order and hopefully will get my deposit refunded with in the next couple of days. DO NOT believe anything this company tells you!

6th of Jul, 2014

Horrible experience. $3000 sofa failed within 5
    days. The run around. Wrong color delivered. Massive multi month waits. No returns. Ekorness sofa was cheap
    design. They replaced and we donated taking a $3000 loss. Never buy a sofa
    unless you have 10 day in home trial in writing. Be careful with verbal
    agreements with this store. You can find used three year old Ekorness sofa's on
    craigslist at $100 for a reason! Check other reviews located at complaintsboard
    dot com

• Jm
      2nd of Apr, 2015
    Florida Leather Gallery - Product
    Florida Leather Gallery
    Sarasota

Terrible products! Falls apart then the service department doesn't help you. Do not buy from them. You have been warned.

• Ru
      27th of Aug, 2015

The Flordia Leather Gallery has 7 stores and thousands of customers and 12 complaints. Not bad