Firstsource Advantage, LLCHarassed and released information to 3rd party

Da Amherst, NY Review updated:

I contacted the collection company to settle a debt. I informed them that I would call them back when I received verification from the bank. But I would not do a check by phone I would send a cashiers check.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Amherst, NYThey called me 5 times within an hour on my cell phone and called my home and shared information with someone that answered the phone without authorization. Repeated word for word the conversation, amount owed, settlement info, that I was going to borrow the money to pay this debt off, even included that I would call them back. I called the company back and spoke to the woman who admitted she shared information. I know this is a violation of my rights. Is there anything that can be done?

Comments

• El
      Mar 20, 2016

i keep getting new collection agencies, Firstsource being the latest, trying to collect on an account and adding to my credit reports, from Windstream that has been investigated and dismissed in 2014. i don't know what to do. As soon as i show proof to one, another agency takes it over. i do not understand why the credit bureaus keep allowing this to happen either. any help?

• Je
      Jan 25, 2019

I was accused of being at Purdue in [protected] but never heard of it.
    I also never went to Kaplan University in [protected].
    Someone used my name on a FSFSA.
    What do I do and the college saying I went there?