Fireside Bank / Harrassment

United States Review updated:
Fireside Bank
I recently switched over from mailing my payment in by check to sending it online through my bank. They are the only creditor I have that doesn't allow direct online payments through their web site. Instead, they provide a link to Western Union in which you must pay to make a transaction. This is 2009 and you'd think that they would provide this most basic service, but considering the way I've been treated they are obviously not concerned with positive customer service.

During this transition, a couple of payments arrived a few days late. I take full responsibility because I should have allowed more time for this process. Regardless, when the last payment went TWO DAYS past the due date I began receiving calls from three different phone numbers, all from Fireside. The callers were rude and condescending. Even after explaining the situation to them, and apologizing for the delay, they kept calling. They were relentless! I asked that the calls stop but they told me that until they receive the payment they would keep calling.

I even spoke with a "manager" that told me, "you're stuck with us, so until you choose to refinance you better make your payments on time!" Nice customer service, right? I asked him if it was standard practice to harrass people two days after the due date and he said, "things have changed now." I replied, "Obviously not for the better."

If this is the way they wish to treat their customers then their customers will find another company to finance their autos. I know that I will be looking for another company right away to refinance my car. I do not tolerate this from a creditor, and no one else should either.

Avoid Fireside Bank!

N  17th of Apr, 2009 by
i was told u should never send any money to a company through western union lagit companies should have on line secure verification logo. companies they go through for payments. well known is paypal, varasign secure and others . u might want to check the varification co. also . u probably know alot about this but i had to find out the hard way. western union told me their was alot of scammers going through them for payment . even if u purchased an item and have to go through them. hope it helped
A  29th of Sep, 2009 by
Fireside bank will not let up. I have recieved phone calls from Fireside Bank all day. They use several different numbers, including some cell phone numbers from Mariposa county, AZ in the Phoenix area. Here is a listing of some I have collected: 602/670-2790, 632/202-5340, 480/560-0076, 925/202-4479. I know it was them because they left 16 messages on my cell phone. I have a Tracfone and I have to pay to listen to every one of my messages. Also, the collectors sounded angry, like I personally owed THEM the money and not the bank.