findagrave / stay away

United States Review updated:

I have posted several memorials to Greenwood and Oakwood cemeteries in Montgomery, Alabama and had them deleted. One person is responsible for this Denise #[protected]. She has just deleted my memorials and entered the same memorial with her name on it. One day my memorial is there and the next day it is gone. There have been a couple of times she claimed they were duplicates; but the birth and death dates are different. Sometimes the names are close but anyone can tell it is not the same person. I have complained to findagrave about her but nothing is been done. After reading the comments here I understand a little better about how findagrave runs. It is a shame that they are letting people like this represent them. It will be their downfall. You don't hear about many complaints because they do delete people off their website if they complain too much. This happened to a friend of mine who complained about this same person. I think about leaving the website; but I have been a member for over 5 years and have put a lot of work into it. If my work keeps getting deleted I want have a choice. I am glad for the chance here to express complaints and hope others will feel free to do so. This is the only way we can change things.

Comments

• Im
      Feb 21, 2014

Jim Tipton has created a monster! An all volunteer monolith of doggie doo doo.One of the volunteers that goes by the name of "Barb" has posted grave marker photos on the Internet with last names only. These grave marker photos are prominently displayed on the Internet next to photos of me. Now people think I'm dead. I'm looking forward to meeting Jim and Barb in court!

• Ba
      Feb 26, 2014

Stay away is right! Avoid Barb (40357899) at all costs! She has no ethics or morals and she makes the living appear to be dead. She's a self-proclaimed "great genealogist" and nothing could be farther from the truth. Geriatric incompetency at it's finest!

• St
      Mar 20, 2014

I know the "Barb" that you're referring to. Her findagrave ID # is 46903283. She claims to be a genealogist but she's actually an elderly grave monger that gets her kicks from irritating the living. The findagrave volunteers should be held accountable for their actions and stop hiding behind their anonymity. We can only hope that "Barb" will be resting comfortably in her own grave sometime soon.