Fifth Third Bank / relocation

1 Cincinnati, OH, United States

I recently relocated to Penn from Cincinnati, OH. I forgot to close my checking/debit card account in person at site branch before leaving. In Oct 2007, I made a full payoff of credit card for $87.89 (that was stated as card balance). I also updated all contact information to new address and phone number. In January I recieved a letter indicating that my credit card balance has been due for 60 days and that they had reported to credit bureau. It turns out that the credit balance i paid in full on hte internet was the balance from LAST statement and did not reflect a late payment charge to my account made a week prior. So when I paid the 87.89 i really owed 87.89 + 19.00 dollars but the website wont tell you that until next statement. My attempt to update my contact information apparently failed. My old number area code (859) had been changed to area code (717) but nothing else was changed. When I asked customer service when was this information changed, "we do not have that information". So no ability to explain how my contact info had been partially updated. The reason this is a big deal is because, i was told, had they had the proper contact information they would have contacted my right away about the matter. This is one of the worst banks I have ever!!! seen in operation. If you are in Ohio/PA area, please check into this bank before signing anything. PNC bank is much much better to deal with.