Feature Films For Families / Violation of Do Not Call Registry

United States Review updated:
While this company does provide decent family films, I find their marketing practices to be unethical - which to me cancels out any good they might do. I have not done business with them in 7 or 8 years. I have been on the Do Not Call Registry for over a year. The same person has called me 3 times in the last week. Each time I have explained my rights under the law - and he has CONTINUED with his sales pitch. I have reported them to the FTC, and sent them e-mail explaining the situation. It doesn't matter how good or bad their product is - they are in direct violation of Federal Law. Seems a bit immoral to me for a company that claims to be all about family values and morals...

Comments

An
  6th of Jan, 2009
These folks are relentless. I have ordered many films in the past - they are very pushy and never accept "I'll take one - thank you", but push for 3 or more movies - with extended payment terms. Now we have requested them to stop calling - they are rude and pushy. They call at least once a week at different times of the day - always asking for me. They won't speak to my husband. They always call from different numbers. No matter what we say to them, they just keep calling. I don't care to send them an email as I assume they will start sending emails and harrassing me that way as well. I haven't yet reported them to FTC - how would that work when the phone numbers are different each time and probably not registered in any way to Feature Films. We have been on the Do Not Call List for several years and it hasn't stopped them. I'm not sure, but I think once you have ordered from a company it kind of voids the Do not call laws - I should look into that, but it won't make a difference with these dishonorable folks. Since the phones are not registered to them, they continue to claim ignorance.
Co
  30th of Jan, 2009
If you look further into the law you'll see that it's ok for any company to call if they are an existing or past customer. The Do Not Call list would not apply in this situation.
De
  21st of Feb, 2009
There is a telemarketer -names Jessie that keeps calling our home. I have told him numerous times to quit calling, but he is relentless.
My husband works 3rd shift and this persoon keeps calling all times of the day. Everytime I try to tell hin to take our phone number off the list he either says he hangs up or says he cannot hear and to hold on the line to get a better connection, only not to return to the line.
This Jessie person is working my last nerve -- whoever is his boss, needs to communicate to him to stop calling numbers that have made requests to be taken off the call list. Feature Films for Family should be ashamed of thensekves - especially in this tryig times for families which is supposed to be what they are all aboutl If this message ever gets to "Jessie" quit calling the Funks in Mason City Iowa -- we are tired of the abuse and unwanted phone calls or we will seriously consider legal action.
In
  4th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
To those above here,
I am sorry for any abuse you feel you have received. Believe it or not annoying people is not the goal of Feature Films For Families. To anyone who feels they have been wronged I apologize. The purpose of calling is not to bother people and I feel awful if there is ever anyone who asks not to be called again and does. That is not what the company wants. I mean it cost time and money for Feature Films to call you and I promise it is not in our interest to call anyone who does not wish to be called. All I can say is like any process things do not go according to plan 100% of the time.

The actual purpose of Feature Films is to help people know that they can support entertainment that not only contains nothing bad but actually has good stuff in it. Hollywood produces great films, cutting edge technology and many other wonderful things, but unfortunately it tends to only concentrate on entertaining. Feature Films goal is not only to entertain but uplift. I can personally say that there are three movies that they have produced that have touched my life more then any other out there. The first was 'The Ghost of Dickens Past' At the end of which I just wanted to take on the world. It reminded me what charity is all about and helped me out of a deep funk that I am so thankful for.

Anyway as for those that get called and don't want it I know it is not what they want. The best thing to do is call their Customer Service if it ever seems you have asked once and it did not get resolved. They do not want to call people who do not want to talk to them.

The sad thing is that it is so hard to talk to people now. Part of the goal of Feature Films was to try to talk one on one with people to try and let them know and understand why their purchase of films would help create more of the kind of entertainment that inspires the kinds of feelings that I felt when watching the 'Ghost of Dickens Past', or the love I felt when watching 'The Velveteen Rabbit'. I know it is hard to forgive a company that you may feel offended you. It was not their purpose to do so. Mr. and Mrs Funk I intend to try my best to make sure you do not get called again, unfortunately there may be more then one Funk ( maybe maybe not ) in Iowa. Or it may be that we are asking for someone else??? Regardless I will do all I can.
Jm
  6th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Innocentious is a joke. Don't give us your moral crap when you represent a law-breaking, relentless, uncaring corporate enterprise. Your ruse it to peddle "family friendly" movies using unscrupulous illegal tactics. Don't you think we are intelligent enough to see through you? All you really care about is the almighty dollar, regardless of how you get it. I have been illegally harassed by you for months. Any "caring" company would not utilize your tactics. Period. You were fined $70, 000 in Missouri and now you must pay Verizon $20, 000 for doing exactly what you have done to me. You know it is wrong, yet you continue to do it. We don't buy your BS, and we will not buy your products!
Mi
  2nd of Apr, 2010
They do the same here in the UK too!

I'll bet they've still got their sickly script designed to make anybody who ever watched TV feel guilty of being a mainstream perert.
Not only do they have a script, but their method of enlisting conmtacts is probably the same "Do you know of five or ten families who would benefit from these films"; they have to ask this last question, as the addition of contacts forms the main basis of their internal commission structure!
Br
  24th of Jan, 2011
This organization is trouble! They have called us numerous times, asking for "the lady of the house." (Warning one: they live in the past - 1951 it isn't), Being the caring husband that I am I always said she was not in, hoping they would give up. Once I even said there was no "lady of the house." This didn't stop them.
Today I ried to get to the bottom of it, asking the caller who they were. Silence. I asked, "Do you sell movies, make them, recommend them...?" Sir, this is not a sales call. Still, she insisted we are a past "customer." She also kept insisting we have supported them in the past. Funny, as my wife and I had never heard of them before.
I must have told her this truth three or four times and her scripted response was the same. "We just want to thank you for all your support in the past."
They cannot take a hint. Avoid them if you can!
Ma
  28th of Apr, 2016
I believe they are a part of the Mormon church. One of the reasons I steer clear of them. Also they call me constantly also. It's annoying.
Di
  7th of Jul, 2017
who do i call to stop the calls...? I thought I was the only one with the problem of saying no... Now that I know that there are others it helps to stand stronger...

Family TV / Feature Films For Families Logo Family TV / Feature Films For Families
Overall Satisfaction Rating