Fathers Choice / Total scam

Phone: 800-565-3117

If you read this email then PLEASE DO NOT USE Fathers Choice services! They are very quick to take your money and very slow to assist you in the way they say they will. I needed to file to have my child support reduced and the case manager (Tom Hutchison) convinced me that adjusting the visitation would help me in my endeavors. So after an initial 98 dollar fee to start, 49 dollar membership fee, and an 800 dollar paperwork drafting fee I get this large packet of documents. I then have to have numerous papers notarized (more money) and file the documents with the courts (175 dollars). After the papers are filed I have to have my ex-wife served with the paperwork (38 dollars local sheriff). Now all is well I think. I get a letter from the court stating they denied the motion I filed quoting a legal reason. I email the documents to my case manager and then the agony begins! It has been 2 weeks and I can't get anyone to call me or tell me anything regarding my case. My case manager never responds or is on a personal day. His supervisor if there is one does not call. I have never spoken with anyone claiming to be a lawyer if they even have any. I only wish I would have taken the money I spent so far and hired a local attorney that I can see face to face. I highly suggest anyone in my situation do the same.

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ti
      28th of May, 2009

Ok first of all Jason Hanson, not everyone just let their child go, like you so ignorantley say in your posting. Alot of the parents on here cannot help what happened with the custody of their children. I am one of those. I did not sit back and let my child go, my x husband STOLE him while I was at work and took off, and because we have joint custody, it wasnt considered kidnapping. That is why I contacted Fathers Choice to help with organizing, completing and filing the paper work in the courts to revisit the cusotdy issue.

Its funny to me that you defend a company that has went out of business, because they could not do what they said they could do for people, and were only in business to TAKE money from people. Are you sure that you arent Brian Azouz, or whatever his name is. The jerk that stole money from me?

Oh by the way, Beau Hobbs and Tom Hutchinson, were the same person...so what is "their" real name...

13th of Apr, 2009

I was blessed with the opportunity to have BEAU HOBBS as my case manager when I used Father's Choice in my custody battle two years ago. It makes my heart hurt to read all of these negative complaints about someone that these people have never met. It is so obvious that most of these parents lost their kids in the first place just in regards to how they speak in their complaint emails above. Parents that don't take responsibility for their own actions and want the world to provide everything for them and raise their children while they sit back on the hands of society and use companies like father's choice to save them when they are past the point of help is saddening to us all. WAKE UP PARENTS AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS. COMPANIES LIKE FATHER'S CHOICE CAN ONLY HELP THOSE WHO WANT TO BE HELPED. IF YOU ARE CALLING THEM AND GIVING FALSE INFORMATION AND LYING IN YOUR COURT DOCUMENTS, OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GAIN ANY CUSTODY GROUND IN THE EYES OF THE FAMILY COURT JUDGE. Not only did BEAU HOBBS help me gain custody of my two boys, Sam and Meika, but he called me several times during the process to simply pray with me and offer an ear to listen. I was so impressed with this because this is something that he surely did not receive any compensation for but felt in his own heart to do so. I have never met the man named BEAU HOBBS but i could only imagine that he is a blessing to anyone that crosses his path of life. I don't know how old he is but I hope he has many years left on this earth to help people like myself and others who just need a good person in their life for a small moment to guide them in the right direction with a word from our LORD and Savior. I have prayed for BEAU HOBBS for over a year now, just asking GOD to bless him as he blesses so many others and that GOD would continue to fill his cup that he contastly pours out and empty's into the lives of GOD's Children.

14th of Mar, 2009

I am very displeased w/ FC myself. I found them and thought they could help in my circumstances. My "case manager" Tom Hutchison, whom I talked to a couple of times convinced me of the same. Now several months and some $1100 later, I cannot contact them by any means (phone, email, etc) . The papers that were sent to me to fill out and that I sent back do seem to have been filed with the appropriate court(s), if they were filed at all. I have heard nothing from them. My ex-wife lives in a different state, making things a bit comlicated.
    The short of it- Father's Choice is a big scam! File complaints not only with BBB, but with the State's Attorney General (California). The BBB is one thing, the State AG is another entirely. If enough people file complaints with the AG of CA hopefully it will qualify for a class action suit. Maybe even if enough people get taken in from different states the FBI can get involved.

8th of Feb, 2009

I gave Fathers Choice $98, but after reading these reports decided not to sign the terms and conditions. I changed my card number and asked for a refund. That was 7 months ago and still no refund. Now every Fathers Choice number I try is disconnected. Father's Choice not only is a scam, but they are part of the problem with the Child Support system. It is business designed to rip off parents at a time when it's important to maintain financial security.

31st of Jan, 2009

Read these news articles:

anyone know if a class action suit has been filed?

26th of Jan, 2009

I did end up getting a refund from Father's Choice. What you have to do is file a formal complaint with the Santa Barbara, CA BBB. After that complaint goes through, contact the attorney general for California. It took about 3 weeks but I ended up getting a full refund of everything I paid to them. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone, and I hope they truly did go out of business. They were in the business to prey off of helpless parents just looking for a gleam of hope in difficult times. They shattered hope I had. Just be determined when it comes to getting a refund or having your complaint heard. Determination is what got the end result that I had. And dont take no for an answer!!!

• Ro
      27th of Dec, 2008

I am in the same boat, I used their services for my son and paid $750.00 and they was taking unauthorized money out of my account also. I cancelled the service after we couldn't view the video and we didn't recieve the correct documents. For about 7 months now I have been trying to get my money back also. Does anyone know what to do, and who do we actually report this company to. They have taken over 1, 000.00 from me.

17th of Dec, 2008
    Fathers Choice - took money/no paper work received
    Fathers Choice
    93 Castlian Drive
    Goleta
    California
    Phone: 1-800-964-1664

I paid alot of money and after making all the corrections needed on the paper work that was mailed to me the corrected paper work was never mailed back to me as I was told by Renee Guillen. Also every phone number I have for Fathers Choice (I have 6 different numbers) doesn't work. I mailed a few letters to them at the address that was on the envelope with the papers I received only once. I do have my attorney and A PI looking into this but I need some answers NOW!!! If Fathers Choice sees this they have my brothers name and number.(Alex Endrzejewski @ 609-396-2275. I just need some one to al lweast e-mail me back @ [email protected]

• Dy
      15th of Dec, 2008

Now they are closed down and out of business...but how do we get our money back? Should we go through
    our credit card company and file a fraud complaint?
    thx!

a fathers choice
    Salem
    Oregon
    Phone: 503 581 6784

I was desprate for a lawyer help me keep my son.Fathers choice is who I found.I barrowed over 500.00 dollars from family ! Since the money has been given I have heard nothing.When I called the number I was given it was dead, I then got on line and in place of there add it was nothin but pages of people they have ripped off!

• Mo
      28th of Oct, 2008

I was trying to get my boyfriend help with his girls, he already has primary custody but the problem is the mom is on drugs and has family that helps support her habit and is making her fight so no the have joint custody the children have been sexually abuse and emotionally abused so I looks up Fathers Choice and gave them all of his information the next thing I noticed was $48.95 coming out of our account and he said he never authorized it he told them he didn't have the $800.00 they wanted up front. he never recieved any paper work or anything and when I tried to call about the money coming out of our account I never got an answer.

• Je
      17th of Oct, 2008
    Fathers Choice - failed promises
    Phone: 7604804359

We signed up for Fathers Choice on 07/11/2008 and they were going to help us get the paper work done so we could get custody, visitaion, and very low child support paid out and all we have gotten is billed for no services. When we finally got to talk to a case manager they demanded $800.00 and they would have the paperwork done in 2-3 weeks. Our original agreement was that we would get it for free since they haven't done anything for use to this day. They now have a different case manager calling use demanding $800.00 for they paper work and we told them that we had a prior agreement with the other case manager. They said they would get back to us. They still haven't. Now we are demanding all the money that we have paid them so far and they are refusing to refund because we haven't "used their services" yet. I am so angry and my husband is getting rail roaded by his ex-girlfriend because we don't have the money to pay and attorney like she did. Talk about gettin screwed by the system in CA.

• E
      29th of Sep, 2008

And tell us Fathershcoice- can you PROVE that you have this many clients? Nope- just another used car salesman!
    and the 200 complaints filed against you WILL grow as soon as I launch my website telling everyone what you do.

Ummm... And Rudy you sure your name is not TREVOR RUBEL?? (Salesd Manager for Fatherschoice)
    Hmmm Rudy Trevor- Trevor Ruebel- coincidence? I think not.

you all that are defending them... I know you work for them.. you are posers lying your ### off.

• Ka
      26th of Sep, 2008

This company is a total SCAM. We paid them the monthly fee for several months and more than $800 charge that was supposed to be upgraded service and legal advice. They did nothing for us. Now we are going to have to pay for a "Real" attorney to try to unscramble the child visitation and custody mess! We wrote several emails and did not get a response to any of them. Whenever we called it was like pulling teeth to get through to a person. Hopefully they will be stopped before they scam too many more people.

• Mi
      27th of Aug, 2008

I work for Fatherschoice.org And i agree when i first worked there i was very skeptical, i was getting clients calling daily not happy with what the service we say we were providing. But that was 5 weeks ago, and my company is CONSTANTLY changing to improve their ways to increase our ability to provide services for people so you dont have to pay an attorney 2-5, 000 to even listen to your story. You go to the BBB which is a complaint bored, and rip off.com and we have a total of about 200 complaints filed with our company, which i can see would put many of you at unease. Well let me put this into perspective with you, that is 200 total complaints filed against our company which is two years old, out of a total of 18, 000 clients enrolled... that is less then 1% of our total client base. We are a new company, and we are constantly transitioning to improve our service. I am sorry if you are one of those clients who had a bad experience, but i have seen how we help people, and i love working in a company that is there to help reunite families.

14th of Aug, 2008

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM. tHEY LIE THEY HEADS OFF TO GET YOUR MONEY THEN NEVER REFUND IT. CONTACT THE BBB IMMIDIATELY AND FILE A COMPLAINT. ALSO CONTACT YOUR NEWSPAPER AND STATIONS. LETS GET THEM SHUT DOWN. LET'S FILE A LAWSUIT TOGETHER. CONTACT ME AT [email protected]

• Ru
      9th of Aug, 2008

Father's Choice DID A GREAT JOB!!! Several months ago i was refered to fatherchoice.org by a local legal aide personnel - I read some negative (along with some positive) comments about FC... so I originally chose not to use them - every attorney i contacted wanted at least 1500 as a "retainer", and nobody could tell me how much the ultimate cost would be, nor did they want to talk to me when i told them i had no money for such a large retainer fee...

I ended up enrolling in their program ($98) and they got a court order to me for $845 (i did have to file documants myself, but it was easy - i spoke with an attorney which was paid for by my $49 monthly payment - long story short, I ended up with visitations with my 2 kids!!! After my case was fixed - I went back to see if some negative stuff was still listed against FC, I was glad to see more positive reorting... I decided to write this letter to say that although there appears to be a few unsatisfied people I'm sure there are many many satisfied members. I also read a status that they speak to literaly 400 to 500 fathers every week - so what if service is not free, my kids are worth more than $845 If i win the lottery, im gonna fly to Goleta and throw some money around FC office! I'm gonna post this information on that complaint website also - if you're a father who has good results, lets support these FC guys (i think these negative report guys should realize that any company that realize that when they do make mistakes, their willing to fix things, should be left alone to help all the other guys missing their kids ---> Rudy in WA 205 - 600-6923

• Ra
      29th of Jul, 2008

My son is in a nasty battle over child support. the woman has remarried and has a house full of children by various men. she has come after my son repeatedly for more money. he makes a good/fair wage but is now left with 90.00 every 2 weeks. he cant afford to be ripped off...i believe we will pass on this. ty to all you HONEST people for the heads up!

• St
      24th of Jul, 2008

WELL, I HAD A FRIEND WHO USED FATHER'S CHOICE AND AFTER IS EX-WIFE HIRED A LAWYER, HE ASKED FATHER'S CHOICE FOR FULL REPRESENTATION BECAUSE SUPPOSEDLY THEY WORK WITH ALL THESE LAWYERS IN DIFFERENT STATES. WELL, THEY TOLD HIM THAT HE DID NOT NEED REPRESENTATION, CALL THE NIGHT BEFORE THE COURT DAY AND TOLD HIM THAT IT WILL BE A CONTINUATION AND JUST KEEP HIS COOL. WELL, BOTTOM LINE, HIS EX-WIFE USED THE SYSTEM TO HER ADVANTAGE BECAUSE NOW HE HAS EVERY OTHER WEEKEND 6HRS ON SAT. AND 4HRS ON SUNDAY SUPERVISED VISITATION WITH HIS EX-MOTHER-IN-LAW SUPERVISING..HOW IS THAT FOR VICTORY?