Fanpop.com / Any time a user does not agree with another user, they are deleted the next second

Well, after the site had me banned for having an opinion, I started to notice a trend with fanpop. Any time a user does not agree with another user, they are deleted the next second. It’s total censorship on this website, and it’s downright wrong!

More Fanpop.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Kr
      18th of Apr, 2012

OMG! It happened to me today and I'm so mad! I went to a certain fansite, asked a question just out of curiosity because I needed the information but because I brought up negative things about the celebrity which were relevant points to be made about my question I was immediately reported I guess and called a "troll" when my intent was not to offend anyone, I just needed an answer. Even after being kicked off and banned from the page, the fans were so obsessed over the question and also saying I didn't happen to be a fan but had no problem with this celebrity as a person, they would not let up and eventually just drove me to delete my account. Not only that but I made 3 attempts to get whoever is in charge to help me. They helped these horrible girls within seconds but I was virtually stalked by them all day. Finally (as it is not clear as an option) I wrote a fourth time asking how to block them from my page. I was still ignored. I was first harassed, I am American and fanpop is American therefore I am protected by the First Amendment and I am outraged. I don't know who to take this to since they have ignored me four times already I'm assuming they won't ever answer me. If it happened to me it will happen to anyone else and they really need to just go away and be shut down. They serve no purpose. It's a virtual high school.