Family Feud / vulgar and offensive words

Atlanta, United States Review updated:

My mother in law, wife and I were starting to watch family feud. Everyone of us thought it was like the old ones where it was family oriented, and then all of a sudden when Steve Harvey asked where a "women's vacations place was? He then pulled up "coochie"(female genitalia). He then goes on about with the show and he decided to say what do teenagers do on dates, and he added "humping". This is absolutely absurd, especially if my children were watching this. Because I grew up with this show it would not have been my fault that I made a mistake that my children would have watched it, this would have been the Company's fault. If they did see the episode that I just watched, then I would have started to call my attorney because that is a known form of child abuse. I want this matter looked into right away. This type of stuff should be rated mature only, and highly advised for adults, if it is going to be on the air. Better yet, take the show off all together, Steve Harvey ruined a classic. I was raised by my grandparents and I am 32, this should say a lot if I am complaining.

Si
Sep 09, 2014

Comments

• Zu
      Dec 25, 2014

Family Feud should be cancelled (or sued). It is a disgusting show. Here it is, Christmas Day (12/25/14) The question: What do grown women like to play with? One of the answers: Vibrators/cucumbers. Another question today: What is something a prisoner might make as a last request? One of the answers: Vee-jay-jay/Man meat.

This is SUPPOSED to be a family show! Here in Buffalo it's on between 5 and 6...prime time for children. This show is not appropriate for family hour. Steve Harvey should be ashamed of himself. He's a disgusting pig.

May 17, 2019

@Zuckgirl Steve is NOT THE PROBLEM it’s the NETWORK!!! He’s an employee...! Don’t shoot the messenger! Or is it because he’s black it’s his fault?!

Society is to vulgar and also politically correct!!! It’s ok to say NO I don’t want vulgarity on my shows that I watch with my kids! Especially a show called “Family Fued”

May 17, 2019

@Janni Singleton And I’m under 30 so I’m not old I’m just tired of the same stuff everyday. I need something different

• Be
      Dec 29, 2014

What happened to family show.. Knob..sex toy/vibrator...my kids watch this show ... Apparently dirty language is ok even on so called family shows... Are you kidding me. So disappointed in game show network GSN.

• N4
      Jan 27, 2015

I was watching the show today Tuesday, January 27, 2015. I like Steve Harvey, but some of the questions are to sexual and offensive.
    The question today was about a card game that describes a woman's love life and one of the answers was old maid. I realize this
    was a game back in the day, but people use the word in a negative and hurtful way. I won't let any young people under 18 watch this show. Tv has become unwatchable and trashy.

• Da
      Nov 06, 2015

The question and answers on the show are offensive and crude. You know the audience did not say some of the answers. This is ridiculous. I am going to stop watching until this changes and I will make sure everyone knows how crude it is,

• Un
      Jan 20, 2016

We watch this "family show" and I am on the verge of banning this show in my house because the questions are not family friendly at all! I don't like having my 7 year old son ask me "what's a dildo" which was one of the answers to one of the questions. It blows me away that this kind of content is allowed on a "family show" ! At least one question each episode is sexual and that's not ok with me! I will be looking for something else to watch from now on during the time we would have been watching Family Feud!

May 18, 2017

May 2017 - the answer to "what every man would want that James Bond " ( paraphrase). Instead of saying " women" or " a lot of women"., the answer was, referring to the movie title and at the same time a pun "Pussy Galore". The thing is the contestant did not use the words; that was the answer the judges put on the board