Ez Storage / Unethical

United States Review updated:
Had first month free, asked employee when do I pay for the following month. Was told that I will be getting a bill in the mail for september. I waited all throughout september for the bill nothing in the mail. Recieved a bill October 4th stating that I owe month of September and october plus a 50 penalty fee for not paying Sept month on time. Called Ezstorage to complain that I never recieved a bill for September they laughed at me and told me that they dont send bill's out. Told the manager I was told by his employee I would recieve a bill that's what I was waiting for. Told me that I was lieing and his employee would never say that.My girlfriend heard him say that as well.I felt like I was scamed out of 50. I paid the fee because I dont want my credit to be effected but am no longer doing business with them.
Mi

Comments

Mi
  7th of Oct, 2008
Sh
  31st of Mar, 2009
this company follows maryland state guidelines as a tool for company gains, they charge extremely high default in order to escalate your bill for maximum profit and then auction your belongings to satisfy moneys owed to turn over units that have not paid rents as quickly as possible.beware of this company and its pratices.
  3rd of Jan, 2016
I have a unit with this company at their Woodbridge, VA location. I became unemployed and had to store my belongings as well as give up my apartment. At one point I was in default due to having exactly not one penny to my name. I was though about to receive a settlement check from an arbitration and called and asked for just one day in order to pay what I owed them. This was one day after the scheduled auction. The manager at the facility indicated that they would not extend me one day...even after explaining the situation. I asked for a number for someone higher in authority. He indicated that he would forward my request but that the answer would be the same. I spoke to someone who if I recall indicated they were a regional manager and was told the same thing. When I asked to have the name of someone higher, was told that there was no one else to speak with. Fortunately, I received some unexpected funds. I paid them. But I tell you, I can't wait to remove my articles from this company's storage and when I do, I'll probably go to jail for the words I have for them. And trust me...that auction was NOT going to take place. Beware this company!!!

ezStorage Logo ezStorage