Experian/credit Bureau / No phone access to customer service

Company's dedicated customer service numbers are completely automated. There is no way to speak to a representative. Numbers are busy with no option to leave a call back number. On line dispute reuires a two-digit ID number which appears nowhere. They were previously sued for failing to provide reasonable access as required by the FCRA, but it appears they've done nothing to change that.
I disputed a state tax lien by mail with enclosing a date stamped document from the court stating that the lien was canceled/satisfied. (I offered to also send documentation that the tax was never owed, if needed.) I received a letter back stating simply that they investigated and the unsatisfied lien "remains." I have tried the entire day to find any number for any office at Experian where a live person will answer. That includes even Investor Relations, Press/media number...everything. You cannot get them and, as noted, trying to dispute or check the status of a dispute requires a two digit "ID" which appears nowhere on the report.

Ba

Comments

• Bo
      18th of Jun, 2008

I just want to let the world know that Experience credit Burea is the most corrubted Public Reporting Agency in the world. They have the most illiterate staff in the world. I have been trying to correct simple human error they created on my credit Burea file for 2 years.

Regards,

Boyah Warsame

20th of Jun, 2008

I have been trying to dispute an item on my credit report. I had little difficulty with the other reporting agencies, but Experian is horrible. They require that you obtain a credit report, which I did, and dispute items on-line. However, it seems that once you print it, you can't get back to the display where you are supposed to be able to select the item(s) to be disputed. The summary of the report stated that all that was needed was the report ID. However, that is not accurate because you need a log-in to get back to the information. I attempted calling them to get a mailing address, however there is NO OPTION for a credit report on their menu. Also, I was not able to talk to a live person. I went back to their website to email them and have received to emails from another company, CreditExpert.com. One suggested filing the dispute on line which did not answer my question. The other provided a telephone number for Credit Expert Customer Service. I was on hold several minutes, and when I finally talked to a live person, I was given a phone number for Experian --- the same number I called before -- and assured that there was a dispute option. I called again -- NO Option. I really feel that they are trying to get money from me before they will allow me to file a dispute -- which is against the law. I am totally disgusted with Experian and would never pay for their services or recommend them to anyone. They do not provide equal access -- not everyone has a computer!

• Te
      21st of Nov, 2008

Do you know that if you apply to Experian they will tell you about how good your report is for a further sum of money, as my sum was in good towards the top end I asked their telephone contact about a loan, so she said to me certainly sir, so she then told me she would pass me through to one of her officers, so he then asked me how much would you like and what is it for, so I told him that it was to do with my work ahead in the coming season and that my report stated I was in the good with a 902 rating he then sais that's excellent, and I will pass you through to our other department where you will have to pay a loan set-up fee of £47+ and then within three days yoiu will have the money. I went through as he had put me through and the chap asked what purpose is the loan for and I stated business and he said alright give me your card number and I will go ahead with the loan, whilst on the phone a second or two later a message came through and he then said it is all arranged now sir. IU went through to my computer at hand two minutes after the telephone call and put in the texted number of reference, where upon first site it explained that I was unsuitable for a loan and gave no further information. After a day and several hours on premium rates I have been passed from one to another starting with MyWHLoan.co.uk, to another and then another at the end of they explained it was not their company that had agreed to the £47+ deduction and ended up being lastly sent to Hull where again I decided it was not worth the chase. I spoke to Experian a number of times to tell them I had been passed from them to another department and it was all done blind by them - they first sent one text then another and on one text will look within 28 days, another will look in one day and another after will look in two days - they are using cowboy firms that know what you have applied for and are aware they are ripping you off - do not take a loan arranged through Experian or My WHLoan, or the other hundred the Stockport company are under on the net - do not go through Microsoft as they do not know a company called my WHLoan or whatever - but yes have been told that as it was for business and not new house furniture, or an holiday, I have been refused the expansion loan they said at source that I would get. They are acting like criminals and do beware!.