Elitemeeting.com / scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I signed up for this dating service because they give you the impression that they scrutinize and verify their members for income level, attractiveness, success etc. It is a pricey site so I figured it must attract only people that can afford it. That was a good first sign as far as I'm concerned. I didn't pay to join at first but received approximately 30 emails in the meantime from men that wanted to make contact with me. Because I hadn't paid yet I wasn't able to read them, just see the pictures and read the profiles. Several of the men had different levels of membership so I had to join at least the silver level in order to read what they wrote. This was $70 per month plus one time "initiation" type fee. My curiosity and lack of dates got the best of me. The first few emails that I opened generally had one line of intro or a question. After I opened about 10 of them it struck me that several of the "men" made similar statements just phrased a little differently. Such as "I haven't been on a dating site in years, what do you think" or "I was just running out the door but wanted to make contact". By the time I had gotten through them all my heart sank because my instincts told me that I had been "taken". Of course "no refunds" is clearly posted all over the site so I knew I was out the $140.00 which blessedly is not the difference between life and death but still if I can save one person the money and alert the rest of the public that would make the expenditure worthwhile. The only person I had contact with more then once after I responded to ALL the emails in the box, was one of the owners that I contacted to make sure that I am not automatically billed on a monthly basis which is their policy unless you cancel. Just an FYI I found NOWHERE on the site to cancel future payments. Interesting huh? I still check the site almost daily to see if any of the other "members" responded to my emails. Not one has and no new emails have surfaced since I joined. I bet there will be several in my in box AFTER my membership expires next month. I'm not angry but I feel duped and although fairly savvy I feel like I was taken advantage of in a situation that is already of a delicate nature. Buyer beware, indeed.

Comments

• Bo
      13th of Aug, 2009

This is a big scam and it is impossible to unsubscribe

• Sc
      7th of Feb, 2010
    Elitemeeting.com - Scammed website
    Elitemeeting.com
    Ohio

The website is a scammed. I was charge $137.99. As soon as I found out the scam I demand to return my money.he said he will removed the charge but he did not. This man needs to get locked up. he steal money from people's account.

• Fx
      30th of Mar, 2010

I have a similar problem. After paying I can't email and wink and somehow no one answers. Incredible! I need to laugh what the hell is going on??? Should I call the police?

3rd of Apr, 2010

Thanks for that, I've been contemplating paying for membership so I could read the emails but I had a feeling something wasn't right. So thanks again for confirming my suspicions.

• Cy
      29th of Apr, 2010

What should have made you suspicious is the fact that all the people that messaged you looked like models and that they profiles were too well written or too perfect :) A saying you can't buy love sounds just about right here, anyway the only way for the to verify your economic standing is by getting your tax info and why would you share that with a dating site. I suggest using a reputable service or agency for this type of things, you would get a much better result than trying to find someone of your economic standing on-line :)

• Bu
      5th of May, 2010

A total scam. Would not give me back my money. Any suggestions on how to get my money back?

• St
      1st of Jan, 2011

I am so GLAD that I googled this site to see if it was legit. After receiving emails from fairly good looking men I decided to join. I was astonished when i chose the silver category( only because that was the only choice I had in order to respond to the "silver" members who emailed me) tjat it had tagged on the membership price of $69.99 another $68.00! I thought...WHAAAT? So I googled and low and behold I read all these complaints! Thank goodness for google! Thanks to all for your worthy input. Happy New Year !

• Gu
      2nd of Jan, 2011

Thank you very much everybody who shared their experiences!! I was just about to join this site, but I thought let me have a look at the reviews, and here we go, again scam! also received so many messages from a "collection of model-looking guys", the successful princes awaiting for me...
    You just can't trust any online sites anymore, turns up to be a complete waste of time and money, shame.
    Thank you once again for preventing others from being fooled! Best of luck, x

14th of Jan, 2011

im not so sure. ive just joined, i have paid the memebrship fee, but once my account was verified, i was able to read and email from a silver vip member. i haven't been swarmed with loads of emails either, just some in a response to when i looked on their profiles...i will not pay the membership, in light of everythig i have read. but so far i haven't needed to. thank you for all of your comments. i am aware that there must be something dodgey, simply because there are so many complaints, and suprisingly the use of men to verify in defense of the site makes me sick to my stomach if it is really a scam. blatently acting on womens insecurities. but then again, it is an online dating site, what can anyone expect right?! quite costly through, which is a worry...

• Lo
      20th of Jan, 2012

Scam, avoid it and don't be fooled by the pics.

• Sy
      20th of Jan, 2012

i alway spost my pic on my site - take a look at my profile