ElectroZone / TV

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Placed an order on the company website. Received an email requiring that I call in person to confirm the order. When I called I was asked a few questions and told my total charges were 5% over the total price that I was quoted. When I asked why, the individual said it was because of shipping. I stated that his website said free shipping. He said that is only for items under $500.00
And they charge that because they don't know the size of the boxes and so i could refuse the item if it was damaged. He told me to go to the website and he would show me where it says that. I told him to cancel the order. He asked me to hold on and he would ask his manager. He kept me on hold for around 10 minutes. When he came back on the phone he asked how he could help me. I restated he cancel my order because of shipping charges for free shipping. He again put me on hold. When he came back on he said because I am a first time customer. They would waive the shipping. I googled this company and saw alot of similar stories from othe possible consumers. I called them back and cancelled the order. I was passed to the first individual I had spoke to. He started to try and talk to me about calling earlier. I thanked him for cancelling my order and hung up. Good luck if you do business with these people.

Hi

Comments

• Kv
      1st of Dec, 2010

agree strongly. I made the mistake of doing business with them. This company needs to be closed down!!

15th of Jan, 2011

I also ordered a SONY TV online from Electrozone and got a email that I needed to call to confirm my purchase. I called and a "Joe" tried to sell me warranty. I said no. When he told me the total, there was an additional $100. I asked why this is different from the total online. He said shipping. I said on the website there is no charge for shipping. He said the $100 is for insurance for shipping. That sounded fishy so I cancelled the order.