eFireplaceStore.comreturns - unethical behavior

L Nov 28, 2017

11/28/17

Description:
I ordered a fireplace from this company. Upon arrival, I realized it needed to be returned. Per their policy, it says if the item is unopened/unused it can be returned for the full amount.

A customer service representative submitted the return for me and a request to get the restocking fee back since it was unopened/unused. This rep indicated their RMA department would be contacting me to discuss this request. When speaking with the RMA Rep, they stated, I'll let you in on a secret, you are not getting the re-stocking fee back. The amount I was told that I would get back after the fee amounts to 50% of the product price. I also lose the shipping cost to and the return shipping should I send it back for the 50% recovery.

After I said calmly, well we needed to find a fireplace that would work still, but with this type of service we will not be getting it from you, the rep hung up on me.

Resolution:
I'd like to advise consumers not to order from this company. Ideally, I'd like to return this item for the full price. Obviously, this isn't going to happen.