Easy Yellow Pages / Unauthorized Charges and extremely rude

These people at this company are crazy and rude. I received an invoice for the company that I do the bookkeeping for from Easy Yellow Pages, Inc. I contacted EYP because I couldn't find a previous invoice for them. I called them and asked if this was a new account or an exsiting renewal and Stephane told me that the company had authorized 6 months for free and the invoice was for continued service. The invoice was for $479.99. I told her this needed to be cancelled because the company already had advertising service. She said it would not be cancelled until they received payment for the invoice and hung up on me when I asked for her supervisor's name. Stay away from these people. I thought the rep said Yellow Pages...hang up if you hear EASY Yellow Pages. Huge Scam to steal money!

Comments

• Da
      19th of Oct, 2008

Billed for something I did not authorize by ESBI. Charged $16.00 on my Verizon bill.

• Ro
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I have been billed by the easy Yellow Page people. This was a false transaction. When I called they said that it was for high speed internet. Be careful with these people. I don't know how they get information .

1st of Dec, 2008

I have been a customer with Easy Yellowpages .com for some time now, and I have definately increased traffic to my website and also I have received a number of calls from customers saying they had found me on Easy Yellowpages.com. I googled Easy Yellowpages and found that there is a company out there called THE Easy Yellowpages.com masquerading as the original Easy Yellowpages.com. When I originally purchased my listing with Easy Yellowpages.com the sales rep I spoke with was very helpful in making sure I took full advantage of my ad. So make sure you pay attention, the difference between www.easyyellowpages.com and www.theeasyyellowpages.com may not be clear over the phone, but I can assure you that the original Easy Yellowpages.com has increased my busiess. They have even let me make changes to my ad periodically with no charge, a great thing in my business which is seasonal, and when I call them they have always been most professional and courteous.

• Pr
      5th of Mar, 2009

I didn't even get an email - just a phone call and they're trying to get my company to pay a bill. I've told the sales rep repeatedly that we ARE NOT paying it and now he calls twice a day at least and harrasses us. I'm going to file a complaint with the BBB. I've sent an email to their CEO and to their general email address and no response. Last time I was on the phone with this RUDE, FOREIGN sales rep he told me he didn't care what I had to say & that I could talk to the wall. I've been nothing but polite but firm with him and HE IS RUDE!!! Hang up the minute you hear EASY PAGES!

• Bl
      20th of Apr, 2009

They tried the exact same scam with my company. We received the bill for $479.99, but have never been associated with them once so ever. When we tried to call them it said that the voice-mail box was full. Are these people associate with yellow pages at all? They have almost they same symbol...but not the exact same symbol. Their website doesn't even work. Someone needs to take them down.

11th of May, 2009

I am self employed and them are using my valuable time with this BS. These jerks call my office several times a day on all 4 lines. I have asked for supervisors. I have been rude & nasty back to them and yet they still continue to harass me on a daily basis. They absolutlely have nothing to do with your local yellowpages. I worked in ATT Yellowpages and we had several issues with our clients getting phony bills from various "yellow pages". All documents were forwarded to our legal department.

• Ri
      18th of May, 2009

had my credit card info from a couple years ago and billed it again. without my knowledge

• Kp
      2nd of Jul, 2009

We are having the exact same problem. They say my office manager authorized their services for $479.99 and that we had 15 days to cancel which was May 21st. I have yet to receive anything in the mail or know what we supposedly signed up for. I will certainly not be paying this charge & I'm going to get my lawyer involved. What a scam!

27th of Jul, 2009

I got a telemarketing call from a private listing stated they wanted to renew my business listing. I don't have a listing with them and never heard of them. When I asked for the billing department he said he was unable to connect me and he did not have a phone number for me to call.

• In
      5th of Aug, 2009

Easy yellow pages just tried to scam me by saying they wanted to update my information. Once I gave them my corrected info, the guy says, "okay, so i'll just continue your subscription with this updated info" to which I say, " what subscription?" He answers, "the one that you've had over the last year." I say, " how much have I been paying?" he says, "479.99" I say, " there's no way in hell I would have agreed to that." he says, " oh, then you must have been receiving the free introductory offer...duh..." Obviously, he knew I was not paying for the service and was trying to get me to agree to move forward without my knowledge that I would be agreeing to pay a subscription of $479.99 that I was completely unaware of. This is disgusting, disgusting, disgusting... Companies like this pray on people who are too busy/not thinking/not smart, and steal their hard earned money. How do they get away with this s*#t. Unbelievable.

• Ze
      6th of Aug, 2009

I just received the exact same telephone call as stated above. He was insisting that I had a listing and claiming that they were only trying to update business information for some kind of renewal for the next year. I questioned him about the name of the company - told him that I had not heard of it and was sure that I did not have a listing with them. YOUR SCAM ALERT SHOULD BE SET ON HIGH FOR EASYYELLOWPAGES.COM (the Easyyellowpages.com - probably the same agency) The next time he calls, I'm getting my whistle and blowing his scamming ears out! Maybe they'll take my number off their list - probably not; but they will have to listen from one ear on their next scam call. This kind of thing really makes me angry!

29th of Aug, 2009

Recently I recieved a similar phone call asking me to update my information. This was errily close to the time that I placed an order with Yellowbook, so I assumed that it was a call to confirm. A red flag should have popped up when they asked me to verify my address, which my response was it should be the address they had on file, and they refused to tell me, so I told them. I may be out $500, but being a stubburn German I plan on putting up quite a fight before they get a dime out of me, hopefully enough so they are more careful who they mess with.

• Rs
      15th of Sep, 2009

this company is a scam they sent me a bill also and said my add was in the system I looked and looked my add is not in easy yellow pages I even printed out the paper stating no listings found but they are telling me I made a mistake when I type in the company I was looking for... this is such a scam I do not understand what type of company this is... I also have my lawyer involved... we work hard for our money and for them to scam companies is unexceptalbe...

• Wc
      17th of Sep, 2009

We were also called by this company. They will ask to record your conversation when trying to sell you an ad. Then they will try to accuse you of owing them money by using this recording against you saying you had agreed to buy an ad. Fortunately I had them send an invoice that we would pay by check. Upon receiving the invoice, I could tell that this was not ATT Yellow Pages that I had thought they were. They were very deceptive when they talk to you about "Easy" Yellow pages. EYP Called yesterday about not receiving our payment, and wanted to give us an additional $20.00 discount if my wife would just give her our Credit Card #. My wife said we were not going to advertise with their company. They threatened to charge us cancellation penalties, which my wife said we would not pay. Stephanie was very rude. My wife gave me the phone number to call Stephanie. I called today and was told again about the penalties we would have to pay. I told her that she could talk to my lawyer, and I was going to call the Attorney General to make a complaint. She said I would get a call from her supervisor, which I did a few minutes later. He appologized for what had happened and said they would "Cancel" our order & not incure any penalties. CALL YOUR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND ATTORNEY GENERAL. This does not cost you any lawyer fees.

• Hw
      18th of Sep, 2009

I have been receiving the same calls from "easy yellow pages." They claim I have a listing with them and all I need to do is confirm my information is correct so they can send me my "bill." I have never contracted with them, and when I attempt to tell the operator this, they hang up on me!

• Ta
      5th of Nov, 2009

This organization is a criminal enterprise...saying things like "renew your listing" and "send you another invoice" implies that you contractually bound to them already. I have so much fun with them...I say "yes, I want to buy...call me on thursday at 10:19 am"

• Bo
      9th of Nov, 2009

Same happened here at my business @ Action Glass and Mirror in Lubbock Texas. They spoke to someone who isn't even authorized to make any decisions and now nearly a year later sent the first invoice to me and are trying to tell me that we ordered the service a year ago. how can they get away withthat?

• Ar
      12th of Nov, 2009

Just got a collection letter from easyyellowpages.com. I owe them $479 for an add I NEVER authorized!!! They said someone in my office authorized it. When told no one has authorization but ME they said "oh well, don't care". My businesses has been closed for months and now just getting letter??? Told them I was not paying and forwarding letter to my lawyer. These people need to be arrested. Total SCAM!!!

• Ex
      17th of Nov, 2009

I received the same, about renewing. She said, "I need to update your info. I need to speak to someone thats authorized." I asked how much. She said 479 a year. I didn't feel right, so I said I'll have to speak to him. (which I was the person to authorize). She said ok and hung up. If this wasn't fraud, she would of asked for better time to call back or gave me her info to call back.
    Then I googled them. Pulled their page up. My company wasn't there.

• Dn
      18th of Nov, 2009
    Easy Yellow Pages - Rude caller
    River Park House Condominium
    3600 Conshohocken Ave #101
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 215-877-0571

We no longer have a listing with Easy Yellow Pages and for the past two years, callers from your company has been calling and harassing me. When I question them they immediately and abruptly hang up on me. Now 4 maybe 5 years ago we had a listing but there has been a new management change who no longer wishes to be listed. When your callers call, they start the conversation by directly asking for my company info and then tell me there will be no charge for this information. That is a direct lie as it does cost to advertise with you. We are a Condominium that let Realtors sell and rent the units therefore, have no need to advertise. I would like the harassing phone calls to stop or I will report you under the Do Not Call Registry Act. Not knowing if this is true, but the last caller told me her name was Jessy and I received the call 11-18-09 at 2:10pm EST