DVD Donkey / Bad quality and incomplete DVDs!

United States Review updated:
4.15

I live overseas, and ordered the entire 6 seasons of "Judging Amy". I received the DVDs, and have found that NOT A SINGLE DVD works properly. Each DVD supposedly has 4 episodes. Not a single DVD has 4 viewable episodes. The DVDs are unable to negotiate properly, i.e., fastforward, fast backward, "next", etc. Several of the DVDs will not even read.

I don't know what good this letter will do, but just know that they took good money for a bad product.

Comments

Mi
  4th of Dec, 2007
Ordered from dvd donkey, never received confirmation or tracking #, after investigating I saw all these complaints, and went through my bank. They are a completely fraudulent company. There 1800 # is even missing one digit so you can't contact them. They did take my money, and after speaking to my bank I am filing a police report, so the bank can review it and possibly return my money. Also you should close out your account because now that we know they are fraudulent there is a possible they will falsely charge other things to your account. Looks like they are the donkeys, but we are the as**s...
An
  4th of Dec, 2007
I ordered the first seven seasons of Malcolm in the Middle for my son on Nov.3rd ,2007.
They said it would take 2 to 3 weeks for the Dvds to arrive and it is Dec.4 ,2007.
I've left several messages on the phone and no one has call back and they took my money....I think I got scamed.
Pe
  14th of Dec, 2007
I ordered 2 sets of DVD's on November 26th, called them last week and they gave me Canadapost.com to track the packages. As yet, I have not received anything. I am about to go to the FCC and/or the Better Business Bureau to find out where my $220.13 is.
Ka
  22nd of Jan, 2008
i order the complete series of becker five weeks ago, i have still not recieved anything off these i have emailed them but again have heard nothing, does anyone know where i can get a telephone number for this donkey dvd!!
  9th of Feb, 2008
I'd received an Email from DVD Donkey on 7th Feb 2008 on same day I sent the Email saying (I Quote): "Your order has been refunded. Unfortunetly we had a bit of a back log on the series of Out Of This World, we are sorry about the delay - then they go onto sayng - but we can assure you that your order will be shipped out expeditiously as soon as we receive the new stock, which should be within the next week. Once again we are sorry for the delay.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further question and comment at Toll Fee 1=877=7TV=SHOW, you can e-mail us at orders@tvaddicts.tv or click and chat with our Live Support Service Agent on-line".

Sincerely,

Vina D.
Customer Support Team (Unquote)

I've not received a refund they say it's been refunded and have checked my Bank Statement no refund hasn't come back to me yet.

For all you know it could be the Police doing DVD Donkey cause there's no address no real live person it could even be a terrorist group on DVD Donkey side.

Vina D don't know who she is never heared of a name like Vina before. Might not even be her real name.

Or it could be a him pretending to be called Vina it is possible to change your name Online as anyone or a made up name whether you want to be male or female on it they do that to either protect themselves or scammers.

Just thought I better let you know what they said to me.

Don't forget to give your order number via Email either on their Website or normal Email on MSN Hotmail or Yahoo Mail or Google Mail.

Let you know if I get a refund back.
  9th of Feb, 2008
When you do make an order from DVD Donkey a confirmation is shown with order number how much you paid for a DVD and date at bottom right hand side print it out and keep it safe somewhere for referencies.

That is proof you have paid for it on DVD Donkey.

DVD Donkey might not even be an American company even though it's got $ that at left hand side of price you paid for cause there is a Website you can create your own Website called My Store even in the UK with $ on it.

DVD Donkey not with a company called My Store otherwise it would say so then DVD Donkey after name My Store.

Paid $187.12 not sure how much that is in Pounds Sterlin know it's lower equivlent to UK price you can check on PayPal to see how much American dollars is in British Pounds.

Been onto Complaints Department for Unfair Trading Online and nothing back from them yet.

You should too if you don't get your money back from DVD Donkey.
  11th of Feb, 2008
Right here's some further information that may help you with your inquiry regarding DVD Donkey tracing and refund.

Ring Up Abbey National on 08457654321 and ask to see if they can track the number down on your Bank Statement for the order you made with DVD Donkey.

If they can't he/she will give you a number to ring for Online Deparment which is 08456090014.

Will sound like Abbey National again just keep on listening to the lady or man auto machine it will give you options to press which number on your Phone tone pad and press number 2.

That will take you through to Online Department it's self. They will deal with your inquiry regarding DVD Donkey about payment transaction.

If Online Department are unable to help they will give you anohter number to ring which will lead you to Visa Disbutes their Telephone Number is 08456017238.

Then someone from Visa Disbutes will be able to give you a refund first they say they need to know the situation before they can give you a refund then after they know which company you made payment to DVD Donkey.

They say they will look into it and investigate it and will write to you by post Visa Disbutes says this will take up to 4 weeks.

Another thing they found out is that DVD Donkey says sound like DVD Donkey will show up as DVD Best on your Bank Statement.

$187.98 is 97.51 in British Pounds.

After Visa Disbute telling you that they say you need to ask DVD Donkey for their contact details and try to get as much information from them as you can.

That explaines why it might not show up on your Bank Statement cause it shows up under a different name as DVD Best. I believe DVD Best is DVD Donkey.

I'll keep you all informed of progress with getting a refund back from DVD Donkey through Visa Disbute and if does work for me you'll hear about it here immedietly whether I get a refund this way here from Visa Disbute or not.
  14th of Feb, 2008
DVD Donkey has been in contact with me again for the third time.

Their now saying Your order is currently in backorder and your credit card has NOT yet been charged. We expect the product to be available in th next 5 - 7 business days. It is out top priority to ship it out to you as fast as possible. We will keeep you updated on the status of your order, however, if you do not wish to wait any longer please click the link below in order to cancel your order. If you choose to continue with this order wel will charge your credit ONLY when the item is in stock it will then be shipped out immediately. You can also reply to customer service line for further information.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Je
  12th of Mar, 2008
I ordered the complete collectors addition of fragle rock all 5 seasons from dvd donkey.com and paid 88.18 dollars that includes the 19.19 shipping and handling after i ordered it i got an email saying that they could not approve my credit card, so i looked at my bank account online and saw the 88.18 taken out of my account, i sent them an email a week ago and just now got 8 EMAILS from them because i reported them to the FBI they left me a phone number to call, i called and couldnt even understand the guy but i asked for my money to be refunded he said that it would be if anyone would like to call here is the email i got from them...

In order for us to resolve the situation as soon as possible, we would like you to call our Customer Support. You can reach us, our new Toll Free No; 1 – 800 – 787 - 1219 so we can assist you directly or you can e-mail us at orders@tvaddicts.tv.

We hope to hear from you soon.
Feel free to contact us anytime.
We’re available 24/7!

Chloe S
Customer Support Team
Ma
  11th of Apr, 2008
I like many of the e-mails put in have been the victim of this company. I ordered a series as a christmas present, yet now being april... i dont think i will be recieving them.