[Resolved] DreamCoon Cattery

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 by

maine coon kitten

I purchased a kitten from Dream Coon and had him shipped since they told me he couldn't be shipped via airline because the Cattery wasn't licensed to do so. I should have suspected something in that they were in such a hurry to get rid of him...

First off I did not receive the correct kitten. Secondly, he arrived with SEVERE diarrhea, which he has had for 3 months now. Thousands in medications, probiotics, vet visits and no cure! No responses from the Cattery!

Please beware! My poor cat is so sick - Do not buy a kitten from this Cattery - I will be filing a complaint with TICA!

Resolution statement

Wrong name and address of breeder - it's not DreamCoon - I was wrong
Complaint comments Comments (10)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Cat Breeders

Comments

N  18th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Did your vet test for coronavirus antibodies? Chronic diarrhea is a symptom of a coronavirus carrier. Some cats that are infected with the virus can have acute mild symptoms when first infected and eventually resolves, and some can have chronic diarrhea. I have read where someone solved their kitten's chronic diarrhea by feeding only boiled organic chicken. I believe they fed their kitten this for a couple months; then, started to reintroduce wet and dry food. Ask your vet about this before attempting.
N  18th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
p.s. sorry you are kitten is so sick.
N  18th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
sorry your kitten is so sick, darn autocorrect.
N  18th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@angelcat2017 Thank you - the vet tested for everything - I will try the boiled chicken tonight!
N  21st of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Any updates? We've considered them for a Maine Coon also.
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Jeff Ludy Major mistake on my part - she has actually been wonderful to work with and I am going to purchase another beautiful kitten from her
A  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Have him checked for feline leukemia. We lost our 16-month-old Dream Coons kitten last week to the virus.
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@wowziewoo All tests ran - he is perfect now!!
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Are we talking about dreamcoon in Richmond Virginia? The company run by a Russian family?
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes