[Resolved] DreamCoon Cattery / maine coon kitten

1 Herndon, VA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a kitten from Dream Coon and had him shipped since they told me he couldn't be shipped via airline because the Cattery wasn't licensed to do so. I should have suspected something in that they were in such a hurry to get rid of him...

First off I did not receive the correct kitten. Secondly, he arrived with SEVERE diarrhea, which he has had for 3 months now. Thousands in medications, probiotics, vet visits and no cure! No responses from the Cattery!

Please beware! My poor cat is so sick - Do not buy a kitten from this Cattery - I will be filing a complaint with TICA!

• Resolution statement

Wrong name and address of breeder - it's not DreamCoon - I was wrong

An
Aug 12, 2017

Comments

18th of Aug, 2017

Did your vet test for coronavirus antibodies? Chronic diarrhea is a symptom of a coronavirus carrier. Some cats that are infected with the virus can have acute mild symptoms when first infected and eventually resolves, and some can have chronic diarrhea. I have read where someone solved their kitten's chronic diarrhea by feeding only boiled organic chicken. I believe they fed their kitten this for a couple months; then, started to reintroduce wet and dry food. Ask your vet about this before attempting.

18th of Aug, 2017

p.s. sorry you are kitten is so sick.

18th of Aug, 2017

sorry your kitten is so sick, darn autocorrect.

18th of Aug, 2017

@angelcat2017 Thank you - the vet tested for everything - I will try the boiled chicken tonight!

• Je
      21st of Sep, 2017

Any updates? We've considered them for a Maine Coon also.

24th of Nov, 2017

@Jeff Ludy Major mistake on my part - she has actually been wonderful to work with and I am going to purchase another beautiful kitten from her

• Wo
      24th of Nov, 2017

Have him checked for feline leukemia. We lost our 16-month-old Dream Coons kitten last week to the virus.

24th of Nov, 2017

@wowziewoo All tests ran - he is perfect now!!

• St
      29th of Nov, 2017

Are we talking about dreamcoon in Richmond Virginia? The company run by a Russian family?

29th of Nov, 2017