08:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Retail Stores

Dollar Tree Stores Inc. / rude cashier

Su Aug 23, 2014 Review updated:
Phone: 520-205-4045

When I stood in line to check out on 8/23/2014 the cashier Debbie at store #5346 at appox. 5:00 pm was rude. She huffed and puffed about the number of people checking out. She called for back up and continued to complain how we all decided to check out at once. Debbie never smiled. When she began to check me out and bag my items she cursed at the bags for sticking together and dropped my items. I ran my card through and waited for her to key in. My card was denied but instead of informing me she barked at me "did you run your card through" after she tore off the receipt and crumbled it up I replied "yes, it said waiting for cashier" She said "I did my part" I than ran my card through again and asked her if that was my receipt because I didn't want to be charged twice she replied " it's not yours you bought too much stuff" than she informed me it was denied I paid in cash but did not have enough so I asked her to take off 3 items and she huffed and rolled her eyes. She did not know how to removed the items as she said she was new. She received help but instead of just saying she doesn't have enough money she needed to make sure that everyone knew my card had been denied. She told the rest of the customers she was sorry it took so long. Debbie did not give me my receipt I had to take it off the machine myself. She did not seem to enjoy her job and acted as though we the customers were bothering her. However we are the reason she has a job. I have always received friendly service at the store however I was ready to say I didn't want any of the items and leave to never return. She made faces and noises that let everyone know she was not happy to be there.

Comments

• Co
      Aug 24, 2014

You're the one who should be apologizing to the customers in line. I hate being stuck behind jerks like you! If your not smart enough to know you don't have the money to pay, STAY HOME

• Re
      Aug 24, 2014

I didn't see that much in the description of the cashier's behavior that sounded rude. Some people aren't the smiley type, and they shouldn't be judged rude for that reason. When it comes to huffing and puffing, that could just be the interpretation put on it by the customer. The cashier could have a breathing problem that causes her to sound like she is huffing and puffing. The customer also doesn't say how the cashier was cursing the bags because they were sticking together. If the cashier said "darn bags" that doesn't qualify as cursing to me. In fact if she had even said "damn bags, " I wouldn't have thought anything of it.I am 74 years old and have been a teacher and a legal secretary, but I kind of look at it like this, when it comes to an employee's attitude, the customer has no way of knowing if that person is there longer than she should have been, because her successor failed to show. Put yourself in the cashier's shoes, and she how you feel.

Aug 24, 2014

"For all we know, it was bank error OR the writer may have been the victim of identity theft."

Than she should have done the polite thing and got out of line and let the cashier take care of other customers.

Aug 25, 2014

"The fact this cashier had not been properly trained is management's fault and is no reason for rude faces/noises and no reason for her to announce the customer's card was declined. It certainly is no reason for the customer to have to 'get out of line'"

First of all, how could you possibly know how well trained the cashier was. And nobody said she announced the card was declined! . Here is what she said happened.
    "than she informed me it was denied"

It's not hard to figure out what happened here. The customer was embarrassed that her card was declined and took her frustration out by blaming the cashier!