Closed
Retail Stores

Dollar Tree / getting yelled at and asked to work on breaks by my freight manager

Lu Jan 9, 2015 Review updated:
Phone: 2675153702

Got yelled at by my freight manager inMellisa Morales. She has a very erratic and abrasive personality and the only reason I agreed to work on the overnight shift with her is because the store manager James said that I would be taking over the freight manager position when she left after the new year. Well now that time is here and James has changed what he originally said to if he stays at the store and does not get transfered I will take over the position. But he knows he is being transferred to a new store. So I told James over a week ago I would not work with Melissa Morales anymore and James said OK that she was going on vacation and that we would cross that bridge when we get there. He had ample time to make the necessary schedule changes which he did not do. He's been preoccupied because the yearly inventory review is today the 9th of January 2015 as well as yesterday the 8th. Before I left work on Wednesday I told him again I would not work with Melissa Morales and he said that any other time he would make an exception but could not because it was the night before inventory. So because he did not listen to me in the first place he is trying to make it out like I'm in the wrong. I have worked for dollar tree for over a year and I was trying to work my way up and make it a career, but I cannot and will not be lied to, yelled at and manipulated. I would usually give a two week notice before leaving a job, but these are not ordinary circumstances. Melissa Morales is getting promoted and I want dollar tree to be aware of the type of person their giving that much responsibility to.

Comments

• Re
      9th of Jan, 2015

This isn't the Dollar Tree web site, you are on a general complaint site. You seem to be expecting to work your way up, awfully fast. Most of the time things just don't work that way. Sometimes a person's plans change, through no fault of their own. Your complaint makes it sound like you want things to go your way and apparently you aren't ready for more responsibility being you don't seem to know that yearly inventory is huge and time consuming. Actually you sound like you have been quite a pest, especially at such a busy time of the year.

• Do
      9th of Jan, 2015

You sound like you require a direct kick to the nether region. Please stop whining. I hope Ms. Morales fires you.

• Lo
      9th of Jan, 2015

When you talk the kids in Africa shoot you dirty looks. I mean...if anything you sound like one of those old sirens. You know...the ones that sound like some teenage girl at 3 in the morning cutting herself because she just couldn't loose that 0.000000000001 extra LB. This is what you need to do Jack-Wagnon. Go home. Go on the internet. Now proceed to order a strap on, because obviously you need one.

• Do
      9th of Jan, 2015

I'd say you could browse on the internet on your break, but Ms. Morales would not approve. BACK TO WORK!

• Wo
      24th of May, 2015

Technically it is not uncommon to be promoted at dollar tree after only a year. I see it happen all the time. However, it sounds like they originally thought you might be a good fit but then the longer you worked their they realized you are not right for management. You are a pest like another person commented. You state that you "will not work with" certain people. That right there tells me you would be trouble if you became a supervisor. Grow up and learn to work with people you don't like or don't even bother applying for management. You would hate it.