Dollar General / unethical and unrealistic behaviour by store employee/manager

1 245 E. Ovilla Rd, Red Oak, IA, United States Review updated:

On January 1, 2019 at approximately 4:10 pm my daughter and I entered our local Dollar General Store in Red Oak, Texas as has happened numerous times in the 9 years we have live in our town. On this day, we noticed a new employee/manager. As my daughter and I shopped, the manager and another employee began following us around and making comments i.e., "the police are coming, you better put that stuff up or pay for it" and they continued to walk by us looking down the front of our clothing and staring at us as we shopped. We have no idea what prompted this strange behavior by these two representative of the Dollar General Store. As we continued to shop, the police walk in and ask us to move to the front corner of the store, asking for our identifications and searching us. We still have no idea what they were looking for. After being dismissed we are still in awe of this situation. I personally have NEVER been so embarrassed and felt so humiliated in my entire life. We received no apology or any type of answer as to why this conduct took place. The items I was going to purchase, I left at the store and just came home.

There was no reason whatsoever for the manager/employee to conduct themselves in such a manner, especially without any explanation.

On behalf of myself and my daughter we would like a formal apology by the manager and employee for their actions. We are requesting the same from the police department as we still are not given any reason nor were we offered an apology.

At any rate, I personally will never shop at this particular Dollar General ever again, if I even ever enter a Dollar General Store due solely to this managers behavior. There are too many choices for consumers to shop without being treated like a common criminal.

Sincerely,

La Donna Wilcher

La
Jan 4, 2019

Comments

6th of Jan, 2019

I shop at Dollar General in Hialeah, Florida. It is a great store. For the past two months this store has gone to crap. There are not enough employees and all the aisles are empty. Dozens of opened boxes stand in the aisles and the shelves are empty. There is only one cashier that is 76 years old. She is alone there from 3-10 and is overwhelmed with all the customers and missing items in the shelves. I strongly advise that your regional manager checks this out, since it is a great store and is missing out on a lot of sales. Not to mention the possibility of robbers coming in and stealing. Please check into this complaint because there should be at least 4 people in the store as opposed to an elderly cashier trying to do her best. The manager is also overwhelmed with no one to help him. It is a recipe for disaster. HELP THE STORE!!!

• Fe
      6th of Jan, 2019

You will NEVER find 4 people in a store at a time. 2 at the most!!! Stores do not get enough hours a week to employee 4 people per shift.