Discount Quality Furniture / damaged furniture

1 Thomasville, NC, United States Review updated:

Discount Quality Furniture deliverd & set up a piece of furniture for me in November, & unfortunately I wasnt here when the job was completed. I foolishly trusted they would do it correctly. I paid $300 for WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY SERVICES. What a joke. I have been trying to get someone to come out & put the piece together correctly now for almost 3 months & continue to get run around from this company. Every one I speak with is giving me a different story & they are all lying. I need resolution. I even contacted the VP of the company who did nothing about it as well. They have stated they tried to contact me to come out, NO ONE HAS DONE SO.

Kp

More Discount Quality Furniture Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• 2u
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I was going to make a purchase from this business. Am I glad that I did my research and came across this site. Maybe someone should go to their local news station and get them in on it. I have seen several times on our local news channel were they investigated complaints on local dishonest businesses.

• Me
      9th of Sep, 2009

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS? HOPE? FOR GETTING OUR MONEY OR FURNITURE???????

Maria

• Ph
      28th of Sep, 2009

I am also waiting for resolution with this company. DQF's delivery truck hit my car during delivery of our dining room chairs. We were assured by the delivery person, Howard Bumgarner and Mat Davis that they would cover our repairs. We faxed the first extimate to them and received a call that they'd like a second estimate. After we went throught the trouble of getting another estimate and faxing it over to them, those jokers haven't returned any of our calls. My daughter was born 2 months before they damaged my car and now I don't have transportation for my family. I'm sure Mat Davis has his kids riding in style. I'm so fed up! I'm suing their a$$es!

• Up
      12th of Jan, 2010

BEWARE

DISCOUNT QUALITY FURNITURE IS STILL TRYING TO SCAM THEIR CUSTOMERS, HERE IS AN EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM BILL DAVIS (MATT & AMANDA'S FATHER) TRYING TO SELL ME FURNITURE:

From: Bill Davis ([email protected])
    Sent: December 10, 2009 12:51:09 PM
    To:

Good afternoon, We have matching Thomasville pieces that we can send pictures of but we do not have complete sets of the same collection. Would you like to see pictures of what we have in stock? Bill Davis

• Ti
      6th of Apr, 2010

I have read a lot of complaints from a lot of people and I'm sure that they are telling the truth. But, people should know that not all transactions are horrible. We actually received unbelievably great service from this company. We ordered a bedroom set and livingroom set and received it on time. The first part of the 2-part shipment came on time, but the coffee table was shipped on end, so the wood corner was a little folded over inside the styrofoam. We sent in a complaint and they told us to keep it and they sent another one at no additional charge. The buffet table had the exact same problem, so, again, they sent an additional one at no additional charge. So, now we have a perfectly undamaged coffee table and buffet table, plus a very slightly damaged coffee table and buffet table, that we just face away from the entrance to the room and nobody notices! Slightly frustrating to have to wait a little longer for acceptable furntiture, but at the extremely low prices, it was worth it!!

• Up
      8th of Apr, 2010

Sorry timlow, but too many people have lost money here for you to be saying anything nice about Discount Quality Furniture!

I too had successful transactions with them in the past, that is until they decided to steal my money on my last two purchases and never deliver the merchandise!

• Al
      18th of Oct, 2011

Please bear with me, this story is actually pretty long and has been on-going.

Okay so a couple of years ago, my husband and I were looking to spend our hard-earned money on a canopy bed. It took me a long time figuring out what type of bed I wanted to buy, and where to get it. We were young and inexperienced at buying furniture, so we took a risk in ordering from this company. When our tax returns came in a couple of months later, I immediately set about ordering it. Here is where the scam comes in.

When you pick out the furniture you want, there is no link to actually ORDER the furniture like say, Amazon does and has a check-out for you. No, no, these guys actually make you e-mail them for a QUOTE. Not even the actual PRICE on delivery, but a quote. So, they actually quote you and say your neighbor (whom did also ask for a quote jic) a different number. I didn't see the red flags until much later. Not only that, but once you get the quote from them (they SAY on their website that the payment is due on delivery but that is false), they email you back for immediate payment. Not only that, but after this whole spiel was over...I found the same EXACT bed for over $600.00 cheaper.

Meaning, even though you do NOT have the product in hand or on the way, they still take your money from you. This is not that out there, as this is how most internet companies work. However, the catcher is that they don't offer you any tracking number after ordering from them and you don't really have any proof other then your credit card receipt (they require that or paypal) ...and of course, your word vs. theirs.

Anyways, back to my story. We ordered it via email. Here are copies of my emails:
    From them - Hi. The King Mountain Retreat bed is $1299 plus $179 shipping. If you are interested or have any other questions please email back.

From me - Yeah, I'd like to buy it for the $1, 478.00. It can go thru my paypal account if you're interested. Or I could move some funds into one of my credit cards and we can try it that way. Whichever is the best.

From them - Sure. Please email back a number where I can call you or you can call me at 1800-731-9650 ext. 222 to place the order. You can pay with a credit card over the phone or I can give you the instructions to pay through PayPal. I look forward to speaking with you.

Anyways, as I said, they say on their website that money is paid upon delivery via cash or money order but that is false. On the phone and via emails, we agreed to pay via paypal (instead of credit card). This actually benefitted me later. I was told to expect delivery within the next 30 days, and at least 7 business days from payment.

I waited 7 months. SEVEN MONTHS! After 7 months of phone calls, emails, and continuous checking up on my product, I still didn't have it even close to being delivered. According to them, it was stuck in transit (in Japan no less...) and couldn't get through customs. From there the excuses kept changing. At the seven month mark, I reported them to the BBB.

I believe in the BBB the first complaint against them is actually MINE. It was resolved. However, upon the owner finding out that he had been reported to the BBB, he decided to call MY phone nonstop for the next 3 years (and then some), pretty much harassing me nonstop. He was pretty angry that I had reported him at all. I got my money back, minus the shipping. However, I do believe that I said something to the extent of "this feels like a loan to their company, I have no product, and it's been 7 months...if that had been in the bank this entire time I would have gotten interest on my money...but I don't even get THAT luxury." I did not receive my $170~ in shipping back.

Anyways, since then I randomly still get phone calls from them harassing me. I have changed my cell number since then, and we no longer have a house phone because of them. Also, since then the BBB has a huge file on them now. Apparently, I'm not the only one who got screwed over by them. In fact, I think I'm one of the lucky ones...as BBB required them to pay me back. They have NOT paid back OTHER people.

BBB did not receive a response from business (28)
    Complaint resolved with BBB assistance (11)
    Total Closed Complaints 39

They don't have an address listed on their website, but their address/phone is: Phone: (336) 472-3171
    Fax: (336) 472-3555
    20 Fisher Ferry St., Thomasville, NC 27360

Please beware of this company. Majority of us had problems with them taking our money and not sending us any product, after dilligently waiting for months at a time. I will never go through that again, and quite honestly the only reason I even posted this was because I received yet another nasty phone message. I'd also like to warn you that there is a warning on the BBB website for this company. They have apparently stopped working with the BBB to handle issues customers have, and BBB has issued an alert.

• Jb
      27th of Apr, 2012

Here is the contact information for Matt Davis 336-247-9641, 336-880-6480 and for his father Bill Davis 336-584-4799, 336-269-4166 rumor has it there back at again working with Keith Dzura, who has a ebay store named 1st bid wins, buyer beware.

• Ga
      27th of Jun, 2015

Rumor has it? It's a shame that these complaint boards do not verify information. They exist solely to generate traffic and make money via advertising. Keith Dzura and 1st Bid Wins are not associated with this company or these people. 1st Bid Wins has been in business for 15 years and has over 3000 positive reviews from verified customers. Not competitors or people with ulterior motives spreading rumors.