Dick's Sporting Goods Washington Square Mall / not military friendly
I was in Dicks on Friday 12/22 and tried to buy a .22 for my 14 yr old son. The employee Jim did not allow me to buy it, although i am an active duty Military officer with an out of state residence. He stated i needed proof of indiana residence with in the last 90 days. Although the handy dandy dicks handbook nor the ATF for annotated that. It only stated i need my current residence. The General Manager Ellie stated she would put a bolo out on me... if i continued to discuss this with her... Jim kept saying i needed to prove this and i kept asking him to show me where it stated that... then he said thats it... i am not going to sell you a guy... so where did i go... dicks at castleton and bought one with the same information. things that make you go hmmmmmm. So i was definitely happy with the fact i was able to purchase this but was pissed i had to waste 2hrs and 30 min of drive time to do this. So on monday 12/24 i need to go buy stocking stuffers... and guess where i went... yes dicks on washington square. I was in the dart area when i was approached by the same individual that refused to sell me the gun on Friday and said he should kick my ###. Not only once but a few times in front of other customers... I had no clue why until one of the managers, Gary, came out and apologized to me....for what had happened. He also said that Jim tires were cut friday and he accused me of doing it... which really disturbed me for a few reasons, one he works in the gun area... i was worried he was going to come and shoot me, the second being accused of something so ridiculous, and third harassed by this employee. I live in New Palestine and would recommend those who shop there go to another Dicks... They are not military friendly.
More Dick's Sporting Goods Washington Square Mall Complaints & Reviews
- Dick's Sporting Goods/ Fusion 124 Kayak By Future Beach - bad product, worse service 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - return policy 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - return policy 
- Dicks Sporting Goods (Lodge) - very disorganized hr and training processes 
- Dicks Sporting Goods - customer service needs inprovement 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - bike 
- Dick's Sporting Goods - staff/service
- Dick's Sporting Goods - customer service
- Dick's Sporting Goods - basketball hoop delivery and setup
- Dicks Sporting Goods - bs staff!