Diaryland.com / No guarantee

1 United States

Diaryland is a service you can use to host your online diary or weblog. One late night (November 21), I decided to sign up and then purchase their "Gold Membership" for a year, which allows you to host pics, etc. on the site. This cost $24; however, I was not worried as they offered a 30-day money-back guarantee.

The next day I woke up and realized I spent $24 on something I most certainly did not need. I wrote to help@diaryland.com (which is linked off of their main page as the "best way" to get in touch with them) requesting a refund. No response. No refund.

On December 11, I wrote them for a second time. No response. No refund.

On December 20, I wrote them for a third time (still within the 30 days). No... well, you get the picture.

In January, I disputed the charge with PayPal. I emailed Diaryland at andrew@diaryland.com, help@diaryland.com, and I found an online form, which I filled out with the info. Nothing. I went back today to PayPal to look at the "open case." Whoops! I filed too late. It was now between me and the vendor.

I emailed Diaryland again today, and I disputed the charge with my credit card company. I also contacted Consumerist.com with my story. Finally, I also Googled "Diaryland refund" and saw that other people had the same problem as me. No refund. No response.

I write this, 1. Because I still want my money back as promised and 2. I don't want others to purchase from this site. They do not respond to communications. And they definitely do NOT follow through with their "guarantee."

Ca