Dead Sea Cosmetics / Terrible experience

Dead Sea Cosmetics
I went to the Tuttle Crossing Mall to have my watchband repaired. On the way out to my car, I was stopped by a woman who insisted she let me try her cosmetics on my hand, after which she put some products in a bag and asked me how I wanted to pay.

I wasn't at the mall to pick up or look at cosmetics. I was ONLY there to get my watch fixed. The manner in which I was approached and treated borders on entrapment. When I explained that I wasn't interested in her products and that I was just there to get my watch fixed, she said I needed what she was offering and offered me an 'alleged deal'. Yea, deal for her.

She's got over $40 of my money. Nothings a deal if it's something you don't need or want, regardless of the price. To top it off, they have a 'no refund' policy that they never mentioned to me or had posted. Needless to say, I feel taken advantage of.

A  27th of Jul, 2009 by
What we need to learn is to say "NO" to those types...
A  20th of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My wife just gave them $150 for some of their crap last night. Same crap, same sales pitch, different mall. She won't stop apologizing. I know these types of sales people. They force you to be rude, and if you can't be rude, then you have to pay.

I can't beleive the Cary Town Center would allow them to do business there. I'm planning to speak to the mall management and have them removed. These people need to be stopped.
D  23rd of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am in my twenties and because of my job where my hands are constantly in water, no matter what products I've used my nails are brittle and my hands are forever cracking. My mother bought me the Dead Sea Cosmetics Nail Kit/Treatment and I honestly don't know how much she paid because it was a birthday present. She said the sales woman was effective because she was upfront and demanded my mother's hands for a demonstration. When I am at a mall, as soon as I'm approached by a kiosk or salesperson I simply say "not interested" and keep walking. If they follow I say "go away" or "leave me alone." It's very effective and I've never been tricked into buying anything from a person like that. My mother is more of the type to easily succumb to that kind of sales pitch.

However, I must say I love the Nail Kit! My nails look awesome, my hands feel amazing and I've seen nothing wrong with the products so far. If you can get it cheaper online, get it there! The salespeople may be pushy but it's all about standing up for yourself and saying No. Don't let someone bully you into spending YOUR hard earned money. Most cosmetic companies won't let you return your items, especially a kiosk in a mall so just a heads up for future reference.
D  28th of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
She held a gun to your head and demanded you pay her? Get a grip. That isn't a scam. That's you not being able to say "No!" in an effective manner.
D  15th of Aug, 2010 by
These people have obviously had lots of training and know exactly what to say. I don't think you should belittle anyone who got sucked into this.
N  2nd of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We bought one of their nail kits today for $25 - it was originally $50, then it was 2 for $50, and then finally one for $25. I didn't find her sales pitch to be too pushy, as every lead-in question she was using to trap to enamor/seduce us I already had an answer for. I had flummoxed her actually because all she had left in her sales pitch was honesty.

She demo'ed the buff bar on my wife, and yes it worked and she said the shine would last for two weeks. The first words out of my mouth were 'are you going to be here in two weeks?' She laughed and said I was testing her, which I was, and pulled out some acetone. I know it was acetone because I know the smell. She proceeded to try to de-buff my wife's fingernail and the shine stayed put under the acetone treatment. So the buff bar does work, but we will see about the two week shine.

I also used the buff bar on my own fingernails, only stage 1 and 2 though cause I do not need the shine. The bar worked, my fingernails haven't felt this healthy in years. I also wrangled the price of the buff bar out her while we were negotiating, it was $15.

All I can say, is the limited experience I have with their products it that they work. If you can't handle a pushy salesmen, well sorry that is your own fault. I have no sympathy. Get a spine, become jaded, and spiteful with sales people. It works.
N  3rd of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I love how some of you blame the sales people for YOU spending a ton of money. Guess what, it's their job! Make a sale and sell as much as possible. Are they pushy? Absolutely. Do they annoy me in the mall? Yes. Do i try to walk by when they are engaged w/ other people? Yes. But you are all grown adults, except for the 1 about a student having their credit card pulled out of their hand, you are a grown-up who made a dumb decision in a moment. You have to be rude, simple as that. They come from a different society where those sales practices are accepted. When I went to mexico sales were conducted like this all the time. You would get approached and then they won't let you just say no. I admit, I was taken, but it was for only like $50. Guy wouldnt take no for an answer, just kept bugging and bugging and as I started to leave he pulls out a receipt showing someone spent $450 just an hr before so it's not like I'm buying alot. They got me cause I had a ring on and he said its good for my wife. Starts putting salts on my hands and I was like "crap i knew I shouldn't have come this way". In the end I bought about as cheap of thing as I could for a Christmas present and was finally let go. But like I started with, I'm a grown up and could've just walked away.
N  23rd of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I don't like the pushy sales approach from these mall vendors, either. I went to my local mall and a persistent, cute sales lady wanted to demonstrate her product on my arm. I told her from the beginning that I wasn't going to buy anything and the only reason I was going to let her is because I didn't have anywhere to be and she was attractive and she was using that - I'm a guy what can I say. I really went into the whole demonstration thing with a very skeptical slant, thinking that I hope she took me seriously so she doesn't feel like I wasted her time. Then she put the stuff on my arm and rubbed it in a circular motion. She said all that gunk was dead skin - I don't know if that's true or not but by-god it did feel cleaner and airy. I was impressed enough with the product that I did purchase it. I did haggle with her a bit and got if for like $30 + tax (it was the Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling). When I got home, I put it on my shoulders because I get acne and wanted to see if it helped. To be honest, I don't feel taken advantage of at all, the stuff is awesome. My acne looked instantly better, not as red and irritated looking. I actually looked it up online to buy some more, just because I know if I went back to the mall to get it - it would take another 15 minutes of me saying "no" to the other half dozen products they wanted to sale me. There product would sale itself, they don't have to resort to being pushy. Because on people like me, even when I'm a returning customer, that will probably only work once and now I'd rather get it online instead of dealing with the sales people, even if they are cute.
D  30th of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
while in the united states on holiday with my boyfriend they got hold of us outside macy's shopping mall. The Sales girl was very friendly but i must say insisting aswell. We told them we'll come back while knowing we wont because we where not really intrested in the products (nail kit) even thought we where amazed by the results. It was not in our budget. She keep asking, why come back if you can just buy now? we told her we need to pass by ATM, she said but theres the ATM not far, i can accompany you. lol :) they very insisting. They have good Sales Training this people selling Dead sea products. I am a sales person my self but cant bully someone to buy a product. We then bought 2 kits for US$40.00 while one was 25.00 plus got a free gift. Still using the puffer and my nails still look beautifull. Me and my boyfriend went home that day laughing how week we are to be bully by a small girl into buying the products. We still joke about it. Regret nothing!!!
A  24th of May, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My friend was ripped off by these people for nail things and yes it was pushy and yes they do force you to be rude. It's a scam and I as well will go to mall management and complain. I want this gunk off my nail and hear it wont come off for 2 weeks.
N  22nd of Oct, 2011 by
i just bought the nail kit today for 25, guy said it was 70 but it was on sale for 45, then he sold it to me for 25. i was tempted to buy it for 45, but i Google everything on my cell phone, and i didnt see any under 39, so when he offered 25 i was sold! its awesome, and he did the acetone, remover on my nail before using the product, and then when i said how long does it last, he used the same acetone to try to remove it, and the shine stayed! i love it, and I am in college for cosmetology. tab_fab_inc@yahoo.com if u wanna know the out come in two weeks!
A  13th of Dec, 2011 by
I had the exact same experience! I was not at the mall to make a purchase. I had a limited amount of time for a "quick" return. I was way-laid! I did not want to buy the product as it was not in the budget. Further the sales girl was very pushy, I had such a miserable headache too. I finally asked if the price she was giving me was the best price she would offer. She gave me two-fer. Still I was not there to buy and have a huge case of buyer's remorse. Besides that I am not extremely impressed with the product. My hands are still dry, and the "shiny' nails only last a day.
A  4th of May, 2013 by
I got hit yesterday at Sunrise Mall in Massapequa, NY. All I was trying to do was find the way out of the mall, which was through a Walmart. While trying to find it, a nice looking Russian girl asks "Can I talk to you for a second?" Vulnerable, especially with no traffic around me, and trying to find out where the exit is. I should have pretended to be on my cell phone.

So she starts talking to me about my skin. Do you know what this/that means? What kind of skin cleanser do you use at home, blah blah.

Long story short, yeah, got sucked in. $40 + tax I'll never get back. She was too nice that I'd feel bad for saying no.
A  4th of Feb, 2014 by
I do agree we are all adults and should be able to say no. I can and do say no. However in my opinion these people are so disruptive that I prefer NOT to shop at a mall that rents to them.
N  11th of May, 2014 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
At first I was approached by one of their sales person and asked me for a little time to try their products. I did
not have plan to buy because it’s quite expensive compared to other beauty
products but because of their persistent
selling tactics, I was convinced to do so. I was charged
P18, 100 on my credit cards, only to find out that I can buy the product to
other legitimate US online seller (www.amazon.com)
for as for as low as approximately discounted price of P3, 500. Apparently I
bought a very very overpriced product which charged me so much mark up on top of the original price. Although there may
be shipping cost that will be charged by other legit merchant, I think I wont
be charged that much. Aside from that, I was deceived that I was given a huge
discount that they showed me their pricelist indicated there that the original
price of the product is P39, 950. if I’m not mistaken. Also, we had an agreement that I will be
paying in 6 months installment for the whole amount. Right after all the
charges were swiped to my credit cards, they told me that it will be a one time
payment after 45 days from the date of purchase and found out that I
have been charged already without following the 45 days payment terms. Moreover, they did not automatically provide
the receipt after the transaction. I just went back to their kiosk to request for it.

I tried to return
the item to get the charges back but the manager did not allow it. I
told them that I will file a complaint in
case they will not provide the refund. With that the manager said that
they no
longer connected to LONDONSALES CORPORATION, which is reflected on the
invoice that was issued to me. That they
have been separated from the said company and the name of their company
now is ATEG with the customer service contact of info@ateg.
ph. I tried to searched it online and found out that it caters
Engineering and other
tools supplies and not beauty products. The website on their brochure
which is www.jericho.com.ph does not exist. On
their facebook page which is www. facebook.comjerichocosmetics.ph, it’s
indicated there that their customer service is customerservice@londonsales.ph
to which I sent my complaint but never responded.
N  23rd of May, 2014 by
I had the same experience with you! all of these Jericho salespersons are scamming liars!
N  25th of May, 2014 by
N  7th of Nov, 2014 by
I decided to let one of these salespeople give me his best shot tonight. I knew I wouldn't buy anything. I did it for three reasons: I wanted to see why it is people might have a hard time saying no. I can see how they can be persuasive, especially in American malls where most people are not accustomed to bargaining when making a purchase. I also had some time to kill and had no interest in shopping and I find this sort of thing entertaining. Lastly, I figured I nigh be doing a good deed; if I let this con artist waste about a half hour pretending to care about the character I essentially became; acted interested, told tales of how I spend so much on facial products, made myself seem more vulnerable, let him pretend to flirt with my friend, if I wasted his time thinking he had the perfect bait, I may have protected his next victim from being approached. While she walked by, he was too busy with me. And then the announcement that the mall was now closed and everyone must vacate, he added more freebies and his prices dropped down to a generous $350! Desperate to make his last sale of the night. Sorry buddy. I can run a good con too, but for good, not greed. Oh, and I also had a horrible reaction to that crap.
A  26th of Nov, 2014 by
It would've been a great day. But i was unfortunate enough to run into one of those sales bullies with stupid dead sea cosmetics at University Mall in Orem, UT...
I always try to avoid anybody with samples or sales pitches simply because usually it's just a waste of time. But today it was something out of this world entirely: i said "no" and shook my head when the girl started to approach me; it looked like she got the hint and turned away, but when i was passing her by she complimented me on my make-up and asked what exfoliation product i used. I was simply trying to be polite and answered her question. I should've known better. After that it turned into a "sale assault". Questions, suggestions, demonstrations, discounts - all of it is just being shoved down your throat. When i said that i didn't plan on buying cosmetics today and had other plans, the girl shamed me about not taking care of my skin and asked something like "what other plans can you have". Too much talking for my not yet completely awake brain and my wallet is 40 + tax lighter. It's crazy how the person can be nice enough so you don't want to be rude or say no, yet still annoying, manipulating and somewhat insulting at the same time so your day is totally ruined. I just keep replying the whole thing in my head over and over and it's driving me nuts. And no refund thing is totally messed up.
Such aggressive manipulations will never get that company any loyal customers, i hope they'll go broke.
A  7th of Oct, 2015 by
I am very made that still in 2015 we are having this issue. the same thing happened to me. They sold to me and found out it was a cheap product being sold online. . however, we have enough people to sign a petition and have them removed from every single mall, starting with Cary Towne Center. I am angry at this ripped off. Who will stand?