David's Bridal / bridesmaid dresses

1 108 Alexander AvenueLake Grove, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 631.982.2028

To Whom it May Concern:
A couple of months ago my twin sister and I went to pick out the maid-of-honor dress for her to wear to my wedding, which we found easily and loved. She paid for it that day. (She also bought her wedding gown there as well as all 6 of her bridesmaids dresses) Several weeks later I went back with the rest of my bridesmaids to try on the dress with them. I was told by the salesperson that the dress was discontinued. I was upset that the store never bothered to let me know that the rest of my bridesmaids wouldn't be able to get the same dress, I just happened to find out when I walked in. Had I known I would have had all the bridesmaids order and pay the exact same day or asked the salesperson which dresses were older versus newer.

Nonetheless, I tried to let it go and figured that the maid of honor could wear a different dress than the others, in the same color. (cognac) That day all of them ordered the dress except for my cousin Danielle, who had driven several hours to be with us to try it on. She planned on going back to her house and ordering it from a much closer store. She went to the store 2 weeks later and was told that the dress was discontinued. Now I have a maid of honor in one dress, and the rest of the girls in matching dresses, except for one girl. It is noticeable b/c the bridesmaids dresses that were already ordered have a train on the back, while the rest I saw in the store did not. (the bridesmaid dresses I saw in cognac at least) I understand that dresses become discontinued frequently, however the bride to be should be made aware of that, at least given a few days warning to get everything ordered. I am furious because now two of the dresses I picked out are discontinued. I was able to deal with one different dress, but 3 different dresses was not what I had in mind. Davids Bridal should be doing the best they can to help their customers, especially during stressful wedding planning, instead of making everything incredibly difficult. If this situation is not fixed, not only will I be unhappy with what my bridesmaids are wearing on my wedding day, but I will also make a complaint with your supervisor and the district manager.

Surely a dress can be found in the color cognac, style # 81026, anywhere near a size 8, or perhaps another similar dress in the same color can be altered in time to match the other girls. We are willing to pay more in order to make this happen. Please get back to me as soon as you can. I apologize for being so angry, I am just not sure what I can do in this situation as the wedding is pretty close, October 24, 2008. Thank you.

Katy Dyer
[protected] home
[protected] cell
(631) 727 ext. 210 work
119B Hot Water Street
Manorville, NY 11949

Comments

• Ka
      29th of Jul, 2008

119B Hot Water Street
    Manorville, NY 11949

• La
      23rd of Sep, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I was going to purchase my wedding gown from Davids bridal, but when I learned they had me pay for dresses that were discontinued, I changed my mind. They are so quick to take your money but without informing you on what they have available and what they dont. So now I have my bridesmaids in two different style dresses. My wedding is October 11th and Ive been searching everywhere for dress styles in the color I need. But I guess I have to suck it up. What a wedding gift, right?

• Ni
      29th of Jul, 2009

I totally agree with you. Dressing is the most essential part of the marriage even you are not mentally satisfied with your wedding dress then it creates problem during wedding. Store owner is responsible for all such mistakes. But rather then that try to make good wedding planner and manage thinks long before marriage day.