CWI Maintenance / does not pay contractors

1 111 e church stDeLand, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3868734859

We did work in Henderson NC for a payless store, store number 4648 located at 1522 Dabney Dr, through Hillside/Cwi. The work order was to replace eight tiles for water damage, which we did, we then noticed 2 more that were slightly damaged and wanted them to match (out of courtesy of our company) we painted those two, this was not on the work order it was done of no charge to increase the appearance of the store.
Cwi then recalled it due to the corporate of Payless saying we needed to go back, not an issue, but we would need a separate work order due to this being for the two that was painted, not the ones originally on the work order to be replaced. CWI's owner James got on the phone, used quite a few unprofessional words, threatening our owner Richard, saying perverted things about his wife, and then they cancelled the work order saying we would not get paid for ANY of the work that was completed!
we have tried to settle this several times and the owner will not even call us back!
Months of running free estimates for this company, and this is our thank you??
what a joke!
and the ONLY employee with have knowledge of customer service was Alison, the rest had the same careless attitude, and no respect for others.
I wouldnt recommend anyone to work for this company, or to hire them for ANY REASON!

Rc
Jul 8, 2015

Comments

• Cc
      6th of Aug, 2015

Call Payless' corporate office or file a mechanics lien. I called Marshall's corporate office to make them aware of the situation that took place. Not sure whether they pay or not, fortunately we didn't get that far. We had a work order from CWI to work on a conveyor system at Marshall's in Silver Spring, MD. We called CWI to let them know there was no place to park except a parking garage which the work truck wouldn't fit in & we had a 12' ladder, hand tools which we needed to take in the store. The manager at CWI began screaming at me, this company is very UNPROFESSIONAL...they don't talk, they yell. They continually expressed we're representing them & to say we're with them...I DON'T THINK SO, in no way do i want my name associated with this company.

23rd of Jul, 2017

@CCS, Inc. Truth

24th of Jul, 2017

@CCS, Inc. Call Florida department of business and professional regulations. They can and will hello you

• Je
      6th of Aug, 2015

As of now we are owed over 5grand from various work orders, that was just the most recent, good decision on not working with them! We have tried a few times to call payless but no return call, I guess they are fine with that type of company managing their properties!

23rd of Jul, 2017

@Jessica Stewart Yep that's that there other model. Salty most of the employees share that motto

• Da
      3rd of Dec, 2015

I think they got me too, I am about to call TJ maxx corp and let them know also

• Ay
      28th of Feb, 2016

They got me also from a Homegood store. I told the owner James that I will be going to the Homegood store and removing my material I paid for...He said he will sued me...I said ok...See you in Court

• Lo
      21st of Mar, 2016

CWI got me on $302.38 of material and labor for some door repair at an IHOP in Greenville, NC. Work was completed on 9-15-15 and still no communication with them as of 3-21-16. I happen to be in the IHOP manger office doing some work that they called me in for a few days later and saw the work order from CWI, the work i charged $302.38 was inflated to over $1400.00 by CWI to IHOP for the work i did.

• Pa
      28th of Mar, 2016

The got us with two of their companies they go by (Mountainview Construction & National Maintenance Contractors) for Homegoods and TJ Maxx here in NY. The harass us constantly calling multiple times an hour to confirm an appointment and requesting a quote (while I'm working on it as they call). We did the work on the elevator at the Homegoods store for over $3k from November - still waiting on payment and get the runaround every time out bookkeeper calls for collections. We also did work for them at TJ Maxx (we didn't realize it was the same company at first). They called us back on a "recall" FOUR TIMES and each time was an issue completely separate from the original work. Someone else at some point (not from our company) punched a hole in the elevator gate and patched it up POORLY with a piece of sheet metal, and now they're trying to blame us for this work. And the last straw - they demanded we send someone out there for this "recall" and I explained we may not be able to get someone there today and the rep on the phone stated that if we don't send someone that they will back-charge us for having to send another company. At that point I told them we're never working with them again and no amount of money is worth working with these people. We work with other facilities maintenance companies and have never experienced such a nightmare! I'm actually surprised that other people are having similar issues with them.

• Ca
      18th of Jun, 2016
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Hostile environment, employees get nasty with technician if they don't say the right thing. Contractors get harassed daily. Not worth it

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Cateyezzzz As a long ago former employee I will apologize if I've ever been ride to you. However our owner and manager are constantly demanding we lie even make up fake names to deliver these what we know are lies. They should have handled those calls not us . This place is a complete scam from the inside out

• Do
      19th of Jun, 2016

I want to thank You all for the heads up because They called Me but I look the company up and that is when I found all of this complaints. Hope You all get is solved but once again it takes the headache from other small businesses like Mine.

1st of Jul, 2016

Hey to anyone who does their research!!! I USED TO WORK FOR CWI MAINTENANCE AKA MJP, G&M, DOWNSOUTH, HILLSIDE, MOUTAIN VIEW, STORM FRONT, NATIONAL MAINTENANCE AND BUILD OUT, BRUTUS CONSTRUCTION and MANY MORE NAMES I AM SURE OWNER JAMES HAS CAME UP WITH SINCE I LEFT!! DO NOT, , I REPEAT DO NOT DO ANY WORK FOR ANY OF THESE COMPANIES!!! They are all based out of Deland, Florida. The owner tries to rig the system by purchasing new numbers with different area codes AND ALSO opens up new companies when other contractors or companies are on to him. THIS IS A SCAM!!! The owner doesn't pay all of his contractors and if you were paid, you were one of the lucky ones! Working for this company was my worse work experience but definitely paid the bills. Oh Yeah, the owner did pay his employees really well only because he could afford to after scamming innocent contractors! Also, to anyone looking to work here, , DO NOT WORK AT CWI MAINTENANCE!! ESPECIALLY FEMALES! He sexually harasses females and tries to pay for sex with his female workers oh and also offers money to see their breasts. PLEASE EVERYONE PASS THE WORD ON! THIS GUY DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN BUSINESS!

22nd of Jul, 2017

@rightway12 Yeah well they may have paid well then. But for the past 6 months our hours are shaved and eonly get paid like 1/25 of what our MANDATED OVERTIME IS

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans However this chick is exactly right about all the company names. I mean they even have 15-18 call phones from other states so when we answer then we know who we say we are. CWI head zero people on site of any of these jobs he could calls the stores corporate offices to get work. Leaving them to believe we are local. Lies lies lies

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans He cold calls these stores cooperate offices for work. Leaving them to think we have our own techs on site checking progress of the job and all we do is call the job sites to see what's going on. Lies lies lies

• Ka
      11th of Jul, 2016

I worked for this Company for over 2 yrs. I worked in accounting. This office is this organized, lacks responsibility, refuses to pay contractors. owner JAMES PARRISH constantly displays racism, hostile work environment and sexual harassment. There are multiple nicknames for this Company MJP, G&M, HILLSIDE, and MANY OTHERS. New names at constantly being created to throw you off. JAMES IS THE OWNER that will never change. FRANK is the manager and has been for YEARS. James sexually harassed me and other females, also offered me thousands of dollars just to see my boobs. James the owner is ex military and was dishonorably discharged. I can only imagine why. This man should be behind bars BEWARE!

• Ka
      28th of Jul, 2016

I want to start a law suit

@Katie Anderson I'm in

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans But because of what I'm already involved in with them they've not been made aware of yet I don't know if I can. I can already see about bringing you on with mine?

• Nu
      28th of Sep, 2016

i have work for this company for ten years along as you turn you paperwork in you will get paid ive never had a problem ...some of you people who are complaining haven't follow the rules.

very good people to work for .

@nubb Someone lieing here. What a SURPRISE

• Nu
      28th of Sep, 2016

i work for cwi maintenance and never saw anything like this going on
    i saw the owner paying a lot of bills for you people

every one in that company is well taken care of him and his wife are very nice people.

alot of you i would sue you for slander

22nd of Jul, 2017

@nubb Then tell that p.o.s. Thanks quit shaving hours off out checks, pay us out over time, year is with respect, stop harassing is in every way her can since you seem to think we're just a bunch of disgtuntled employees. You take need to do some serious reanalyzing if you think he's a good man to work with or work for. He's a pathetic pig putting it lightly

24th of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans Paper work they never claim to recieve. Call the department of business and professional regulations

• Sh
      4th of Oct, 2016

they pay you just have to turn your paper work in just any other company you work for . ..

ive work for them for 3 years now and had no problems.

@shellshock Lots of lies

• Sh

No one works for free
    i call in talk to accounting department was missing paperwork fax over the missing paperwork and got a check within 5 days. Been working for them for 7 years now. Haven't had any problems at all they give me a lot of work and have a great relationship now with them.

Work for a lot of maintenance companies and they are all the same turn your stuff in and you will get paid.

A lot of companies dont want to follow directions then they get mad ...Just do what your told and everything will go just fine.

24th of Jul, 2017

@shellshock They get y'all paperwork but lie to Yas about receiving it. Call thee department of business and professional regulations

26th of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans Did the same to me!

• El

ive work for this company for 3 years and had no problems
    i get a lot of work from them and have a great relationship with them

• De
      15th of Jun, 2017

@eldo Judging by your consistent lack of typing skills, you are the same person in each of the comments above. Just changing your name. Hmmm...wonder where you learned that?

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Denise Stehle They all use fake names there. Because there forevermore to come you with so many lies to corporate. James makes a killing of odd contractors like you though that won't do what you should do and go meet these store manager face to face and hand them a business card m But the company truly is trash. He sexually harasses and propositions employees. He saves hours tremendously. Only pays many if your lucky a quarter of the overtime you managed to work. I'm in pursuit so I have to treat carefully but this is just friendly advice that you may want to look for better sources and credible spices I'd you choose to be and 4th it 5 the general contractor. He makes makes thousands on you guys who go out the same day and fix the people g for cheap. Don't do the guy favors like that you only hurting you own pocket.

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans She's exactly correct. No disputable that's ok though because corporate being handled though 😉

9th of Dec, 2016

We installed plywood for board up at a harbor freight at Melbourne Florida, when the storm Matthew hit Florida on October and I have not received payment from cwi maintanance, stay away from this company they don't pay its being 3 months and not payment now after seeing all the complaints it's hard to believe they were an eligible company.

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Maria kstro What's you reply to this one Frank or James?

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans All year had to do was pay me what I honestly earned id have never got lots about what else y'all are pulling there. I'll bet y'all ready really well at night. Hi a that's a joke. Only in a twisted world y'all live in would that make sense

24th of Jul, 2017

@Maria kstro Call the Fl department of business and professional regulations

• Fr
      16th of Jun, 2017

I did a lot of work for CWI Maintenance in 2014 and 2015 and, although having to call everyone including Jame's daughter, Misty, to get paid, I had what I thought was a decent relationship. Then I was given a job at a HomeGoods in Pittsburgh, PA. When my visit uncovered another issue that wasn't part of the work order, I was told that by Frank, the manager, that I wouldn't get paid for the call. This resulted in a very confrontational phone call in which my integrity was questioned. I have not done business with this company or any other aliases since.

@Frank Gricus Misty is James wife

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans Yes Frank sand James and Chris and Matt all turn everything around to be everyone else's fault they never hold themselves accountable

@Spillingyourbeans Mark not matt

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Frank Gricus This is how almost every other job goes. Atleast used to several months back. Was going down hill then can't see that changing the now I read these complaints

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans No this is how every other job for this company goes. Which you know that your just attempting redemption. And what about passing all these employees there hard earned wages? Man up stop with the excuses. They've/we've earned it. What's the excuse for that one.

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans No this is how every other job goes for you company. Do people right you won't have that problem. Stop the harassment end another problem. pay us what ever hard earned deservef and you'll eliminate this caos.

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans No this is not how every other job goes.

22nd of Jul, 2017

Misty is James wife. And yes Frank and James a, Monica and Chris and Mark and everyone else that works there always blames the contractors our texts m the never hold themselves accountable. They mix up dates contently can't remember lies they told contractors that place needs to be filled and penalized for the panel of payment to contractors and they lack it washed paid to employees especially they mandatory overtime . I've been there when contractors for from other states came to collect and James snuck out the back door or when they would call to set a meeting up with were forced to tell them he's or for the week. He's owned a few of these businesses. The correct address for the most current one on 305 e.new York Ave DeLand fl .

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans Sorry for all the typos. I've made several pages sheet my attorney told me to do I'm work out. Need to a break. Been doing this since yesterday on other sites as well. scam report just being this one.

22nd of Jul, 2017

@Spillingyourbeans Forgot to mention the above mentioned names not only lie on the contractor or techs name but they are Everest blaming others Co workers even Co workers that no longer work they're and haven't in a couple years

26th of Jul, 2017

I did Environmental work for this company under the name TX Construction. I did the work the DFW area in Texas. I have never ever had such a hard time collecting payment for my services. I only wish I had read these review prior to working for them.