CVS Pharmacy / mis-information of prescription medication
Monday, 11/20/08 I picked up my refill for Zolpidem Tartrate, 10 MG Tabtev (Generic brand for Ambien). When I checked the container later in the evening I found, not the small white pill I usually get but a larger purple pill with MZ2 stamped on it. The pill I usually get is a round shaped white tablet imprinted with 93 on the front and 74 on the back. The label on the refill was identical to the other container. Same description, same brand, and MG. It was too late to call the pharmacy that night so I called CVS Tues morning around 9:00 AM and spoke to the Pharmacy supervisor, Ms Teresita. I explained that I was given the wrong medication and she informed me that the medication was correct but that they had run out of the brand I usually get and gave me a new brand, same potency but larger and a different color. She asked me at the time of pickup was I informed of the change and was there a green label attached to the refill. Neither had happened. She apologized to me for the mistake????? and assured me that I do have the right medication.
I informed her that I was still reporting this error and my confidence in CVS was badly shaken. I did learn a valuable lesson. Don't trust the pharmacist who fills your prescription, check to see if all is correct even if the label information is identical to the old container. I hope that whoever filled my prescription is severly reprimanded for their error because this incident could have been alot worse if they had given me the wrong medication. Wrong information is just as serious as wrong medication.
CVS, you have lost my trust and possibly my business for I have 5 precriptions filled at the Glenoaks branch. Your staff leaves alot to be desired.
More CVS Pharmacy Complaints & Reviews
- CVS Pharmacy - missing 90 oxycodone from 150 pill prescription. 
- CVS / Pharmacy - being falsely accused by loss prevention!! 
- CVS - customer service 
- CVS / Pharmacy - mistreatment by manager 
- CVS Pharmacy - not responsiveness 
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - prescription medication 
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - pharmacy never having my prescription and being rude about it
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - store manager very rude
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - pharmacy
- CVS Pharmacy - 12 pack of diet coke