CVS Pharmacy / misfilled prescription

1 1341 LONG STREET Charlottesville, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 434-296-0156

I have had multiple problems with this store and have complained to the regional manager before in regard to misfilled prescriptions, missing prescriptions. On November 18, 2008 the store labeled the bottle as containing 60 tablets - which is what the prescription called for. The bottle contained only 30. Plus, at the time of pickup, I had someone else pick them up for me because I was disabled, I had a total of four to pickup and the counter person was told I had four - there were three bagged together and one by itself. The pickup person was given only the three and the fourth never even looked for. I had to return (using a walker) to get the fourth item and to get my prescription of what was supposed to be 60 pills refilled properly.
In addition, the store was extemly cluttered and not fit for someone in a walker to be in.
The difference between 60 pills and 30 is obvious. This is not an isolated event. What can be done to clean up CVS's act? How do we know their actions haven't resulted in a wrongful death situation? Wrong prescription or wrong dose has happened to me also and is documented. Sloppy - to the point of needing law enforcement here.

Comments

• Ro
      11th of Aug, 2009

Unfortunately, these are filled by humans, not machines and humans make mistakes. Add that to the mentality of patients " I want it and I want it NOW!" and the fact you have corporate driving 15 minutes or less and it's no wonder stuff like this happens!