Cox Communications / horrible service
I signed up for Cox about 4 months ago for the bundle pack (phone, internet, and cable). Shortly after I noticed my bill getting higher and higher each month, my boyfriend and I decided to just cancel. We tried calling customer service to ask them why our bill was so high because we didn't use the phone, and we rarely purchased movies. We had all kinds of random service charges that would show up in amounts of $24.99, but they could never tell us what they were for.
I called Cox and told them our decision to cancel and they said that was no problem, we just had to return our equipment and then they would mail us our final bill. I drove to their store and waited in line for about 30 mins just to return everything, and I noticed everyone else was there returning their equipment too. (not surprising) When I finally was able to get to the front of the line the woman behind the desk didn't ask why I decided to cancel or say anything about my bill, she just gave me a receipt. About a week later I got my final bill saying it was due on August 17th. That was fine with me, I just wanted to pay it and be done with it. However, just two days later I recieved a notice in the mail from Cox saying they were going to send me to collections if I didn't pay their bill. I didn't understand because my bill wasn't even due yet. Then the next day I got a bill in the mail from Cox saying that my bill was due August 22nd. I had no idea what was going on so I just figured I would pay the bill by the 17th just to be safe. Well today (Aug 11th) I checked the mail again to find a letter from a collection agency stating that I owe Cox for my final bill!
What the hell is wrong with this company? Why do I have two bills that aren't even due yet, but were sent to collections? I would really advise NOT ordering their service. The reception on the TV goes in and out all the time anyway, and their entire staff is rude! If you are interested in getting their service, just pass. Go with another company, they are just awful!
More Cox Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Cox Communications - service and billing fraud 
- Cox Communications - mcafee security suite false advertisement 
- Cox Cable - hdmi connection 
- Cox Communications - 100.00 rebate 
- Cox Communications - above the law 
- Cox Communications - bungled new installation of the triple-pay package and billing for a service that I don't have
- Cox Communications - 0018501048338803. account number for jane e. buikstra, 114 e. 15th st.
- Cox Communications - channel ksn 3 in wichita ks
- Cox Communications - internet
- Cox Communications - internet service