Corel / Roxio Creator Nxt Pro / bad tech support/ not working software

1 CA, United States

I had purchased the Corel/Roxio Creator NXT Pro for $145.00 to make some photo slides of my vacations and burn them to a DVD as a movie. My first one that was a short movie, worked fine and burned to the DVD with no problem. However my next one was a bit longer and when I tried to burn it to DVD, some of the photos where missing and was just replaced with a black screen. Also the music and text was still working and there. I contacted online Corel/Roxio to ask for technical advise with my problem. I was told that I had a 14 day free tech support warranty and they started a case number for me. I got an e-mail with the case number and then the day after I had a guy named Jerome contact me by e-mail and ask me 4 technical questions. he needed the information in order to help me I was told. I answered and hoped I would get the help I needed to solve my problem. What I got the next day is an e-mail from Corel to tell me I should purchase the priority tech support warranty from them because it would give me great service and help. A day later I got more tech questions by e-mail from Jerome because he needed more info in order to help me, so he said. After that all I got was an bombardment of sales e-mails trying to push me to purchase the priority tech support but never heard back from Jerome. In the meantime I was told that my 14 days of free support are up. My problem was never solved and I ended up with an expensive software program that is useless. PLEASE if you are considering purchasing a software program from Corel...BEWARE... all they will want to do is sell you more tech support for programs that don't seem to work. I would not recommend a Corel program to my worse enemies (if I had any lol)

Wh