Consumer Reports Magazine / Fraud and cheating

The product recommendations of Consumer Reports Magazine are basically worthless. We bought a Frigidaire washer and dryer based on their recommendations and both are a piece of junk having been repaired numerous times. We also bought a Schwinn elliptical trainer which they said was a Consumer Reports BEST BUY and after being used less than 20 times it sits dead in our basement.

Consumer Reports may not know how to determine a quality product but they will fill your mailbox with promotions about automobile pricing, books on investing and medical care, etc. Based on their 'wonderful' product recommendations I would do exactly the opposite of what they say.

If you want product ratings you are better off searching online for free info than paying Consumer Reports for a bunch of know nothing nonsense.

Le

More Consumer Reports Magazine Complaints & Reviews

Comments

26th of Feb, 2009

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on https://www.complaintsboard.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so please send me your contact information, and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number if available, so that I can research this matter? Again I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely