Connection 2000 Inc. / Magazine Sales door to door

1 750 Moses Dr. Ste 1Rahway, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 732-874-4384

I was approached at my front door by a charming young lady with a tale of how she was earning "points" by selling magazines. She was a single mother, was once on drugs, etc. etc., but now she was turning her life around by earning these "points". A very slick, convincing presentation. Hard not to feel sympathy for her, so I "purchased" three magazine subscriptions, totaling $113.00, including a "handling" fee. She said I would receive a confirmation phone call within a week and that I should give them the code number on the receipt she left me. That was 2 and a half weeks ago, still no phone call. My check was cashed almost immediately, which makes me very suspicious that I have been ripped off. I have seen some other complaints about this company and that also is making me suspicious. I wish I had seen them before I gave them my money. I would really like to cancel the whole deal and get my money back, because I am now certain her story was part of a scam, but I'm not confident I will ever see my money, or any of the magazines I ordered. Connection 2000: avoid at all costs. Don't be a fool like I was.

Br

More Connection 2000 Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Le
  24th of Nov, 2008

Actually, I Googled the address for this 'company' and it's somebody's house. This has got to be a crime.

Se
  18th of Feb, 2009

I also paid (162.00) for some magazines for my kids. Same story. I was trying to help someone down on their luck. I have called and spoken to "Karla" at Connection 2000 at least 10 times. She has promised me a refund at least 4 or 5 times even going as far as to say that checks would be going out next week and then calling me back to reconfirm my address.?????? I sent a note to the NJ Attorney Generals office asking if they had heard of this group or had any info. I actually got more responsiveness from COnnection 2000 than I did from The Attorny Generals office.

I am sure that I will never get a refund but they should be put out of business.!!!

Cr
  22nd of Apr, 2009

I had the exact same thing happen to me and the same story was given. I still have no magazine and the check has been cashed.

Ka
  16th of Jun, 2009

SCAM BIG TIME... sure hurts the rest of the public that honestly goes door to door selling magazines and candy for fundraisers and such. San Diego, CA

Sh
  14th of Jul, 2009

I don't know about the Mag Company you are refrencing, I do have experience with Magazine Sales. PCCS a company that works the West Coast, based out of Gig Harbor WA is a legitimate company, I sold mags for them for a short time and now live in that same area, No one I sold mags to, has told me they never got them, and I do currently know a few of these people I sold to.. As for USA - Universal Subscription Agency is however a scam crew. I was taught many, many tricks that aren't honest in the least. If anyone would like more information on how to avoid scammers please e-mail Shaykers@gmail.com with The date in the subject line.

Ka
  4th of Apr, 2012

It happened to me too. Lesson learned - check out the company before giving them money.