Complete Nutrition / Horrible treatment to the point of harrasment,

1 2124 Cecil Ashburn Drive, Suite 120, Huntsville, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 256-489-4440

On 3/3/09 I went into the Complete Nutrition store and was approached by Shane Chase who claimed to be the owner of the establishment. He showed me a weight loss product that his other customers had lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks. He told me the program I was considering would last me 2 ½ months. I purchased the "Reveal" program that came with 3 packs of Ephedrine and an extra pack of Ephedrine for free. I started the program the next day in the morning and followed his instructions for the next 5 days. I did not lose any weight and I woke up feeling nauseous at night. On 3/10/09 I went back to the store to return the products. At first Mr. Chase told me that they do not accept returns on opened products. I informed him that I had read his return policy and that it stated differently. He then insulted me and claimed that I had not taken then pills as directed and he would count them. He told me that not all the bottles in the system he sold me would not last 2 ½ months even though he told me they would before. He also asked me " Are you REALLY working out?" and then his female employee seemed to feel the need to step in between me and him and try to help me. She tried to discuss why I was having problems with the program and I told her about the nausea. Mr. Chase again stepped in and said that he would honor the return policy and give me an in store credit but that I would have to spend it right then. I didn't have time or know how to spend so much money at that time so I told him that I would be back. On 3/11/09 I spent the day doing research on the products he had given me and found out that the Ephedrine he sold me for weight loss was actually for breathing problems and did not say anything on the package about weight loss. I researched the Code of Alabama and I think that Mr. Chase is in violation of Title 8 Section 8-19-5. My aunt and I went back to the store that evening to speak with Mr. Chase on his practices and to finish the return. Mr. Chase claimed that everyone knows that Ephedrine is for weight loss even though it's not labeled for it. Mr. Chase was pretty upset when my aunt asked him about why he felt the need to insult me the night prior. He claims he never insulted me, but he did say those things that I have claimed. Mr. Chase then had a change of heart and decided to give me a full refund. I thanked him, and his reply was that he can not believe that that I said that he insulted me and that he has never had a return. His store has only been open for 6 weeks. After the refund my aunt and I immediately left. I received a call a short time later from Mr. Chase. He said that he wanted to apologize for how everything went with me, but he thinks my aunt should come back and apologize to him because I did not take 7 days worth of pills, he counted them. I told him that I never said I took 7 days worth, I took 5. I told him I would be contacting the AG regarding his misrepresentation of the item he sold to me and to never call me again.

I feel lied to, insulted and harassed! I cannot believe I actually had to deal with such immaturity!

Comments

• Kl
      17th of Mar, 2011

If you are not eating as much you are slowing down your metabalism, also when you work out it is natural to gain weight at first during the first week or so. our bodies function on a 14 day memory cycle. whatever you do in those 14 days is what your body will adjust to in the days following. i personally just started taking the reveal products because i was 125 pounds and now i am at 211 pounds with health issues that prohibit me from working out. anyways ill get back to you guys on if this really works or not. i did lose about 50 pounds years ago when ephedrine was legal =P

• Da
      4th of Apr, 2011

Personal experience from the newly opened Cedar Rapids, IA store... The employees are helpful, but boarderline pushy. Some of the products seem to be decent, but insanely overpriced. There are many sources of protein and supplements online and many you can create your own blends and choose to get the very best quality and spend more or skimp a bit and save a bit. My problem is with the lack of openness and honesty with pricing. Why is it hidden. Sure you can staff a store with fit people, and have them be able to articulate product knowledge. Most people into fitness should know a thing or two about diet, nutrition, workout plans and supplements. This tends to lull a laymen into not focusing on the fact that the prices are hidden and products grossly overmarked. They get the customers to begin to commit to a purchase, then get up up to the register, you inquire about price, the respond with "I'm giving you 20% off", customer senses are dulled again, customer makes purchase. Now the question is 20% off of what? The hidden price, of course, which is an enigma. Is it 20% off of a typical retail price for a similar product? Heck no, it is 20% off of something that is already marked up. With the 20% off, the product is still overpriced. BOGO 1/2 off, same deal. The products are still so damn over priced that it is not a good price. I guess if you have money to burn go for it. The products are not all bad, but with many choices out there, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

• Du
      8th of Apr, 2011

Ephedrine is for weight loss and you should have researched more on it. Before buying anything, do your research. Also talk with the employees with having done research to find the best plan for you. You always need to know what you're talking about and know what you want before you walk into the store.

Also, reveal is a mimic of ephedrine. Synephrine HCL is the main chemical in reveal and is very close to ephedrine.

The only time you will have a nauseous feeling is if you are taking it on an empty stomach. ALWAYS EAT WITH FOOD! Never go without eating, even if the bottle tells you to. This is very unhealthy and can be harmful to your health. Nauseous feelings can also come up if you have a weak stomach, or are not used to taking the product. You also need to workout vigorously when you take these supplements.

ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING ANY PRODUCT!

• Br
      14th of Apr, 2011

I went to the Complete Nutrition located in College Station, Texas and my experience the way there employees tried to sell me stuff I didn't need was horrible. I went in there looking for a fat burner they called reveal and I wish I had done my research first before spending my hard earned money on a caffeine pill that did absolutely nothing. Even all of their other product were a total rip off. The fish oil they sell was 50 bucks which is a complete rip off considering the nutrition store down the street had the same thing for 10 bucks. This store reminded me of GNC's high prices and I will never shop there again. Their products are garbage and the experience of shopping there was a nightmare.

• Ba
      24th of Apr, 2011

I use to work for a GNC back in the day when we sold the Release Program from Complete Nutrition. The Release Program did help, but there is nothing about Complete Nutrition Products that stands out other then there marketing. The one day they had a crew come from Nebraska trying to tell us how there products were better then everything. We started selling there Nitro 2 product instead of NO2, and everyone said is was a total waste of money and they didn't get any results from it. Pretty much what I learned, Complete Nutrition are looking for the best used car salesmen out there. After a while of working with them, I felt like I had to become a used car salesmen over actually helping people.

And let me add one more thing, if you saw the mark-up on there products, it would make you sick.

So I stopped in a Complete Nutrition store the other day, and boy did I get a great laugh. He told me all I had to do is take his pills and change nothing else and I will loose 2-3 lbs a week. I asked him why. He gave me his big sales pitch about how they help up my test, so I asked how. He said with DHEA. Well this bottle is 80 bucks and DHEA is around 7-10. All other stuff was Chromium and Green Tea which is no big deal.

I use to work with these guys. I know many of you say you go in there and they are so helpful. This is true, and the reason why is they will only hire people who produce high sales for them. If you don't, bye bye. They do a lot of training on how to up-sale and get more crap in people even if they don't want or need it. But they will play off your emotions to make sure you feel you need there stuff.

Now I am in sales myself, and I know you want high energy people working for you. But I also feel, if I am selling stuff just so I make lots of money, I don't feel right about that. I always want the customer to feel they win also.

Now on the return subject. The company always took returns back in the day. Not sure if they are getting so many now, they had to stop that, haha.

I hate to sound down about this company. I just know more about them then I care to. I feel they are selling a Dodge Intrepid for a Porsche price. I don't care about them, only you as the consumer. These boys are making a lot of money, how do you make so much money selling vitamins, lol.

• Jr
      6th of May, 2011

Complete Nutrition is a COMPLETE JOKE!!! These guys start shoving samples down your throat the second you walk in the door. I have shopped there once in my life and will NEVER return. They DO NOT accept returns and are high pressure sales scam artists. You would be better off blindly buying any product online than actually going into a complete nutrition store.

• Wa
      18th of May, 2011

I have been taking the CTS360 tone for about a month now. I wanted something to help me lose the last few pounds I wanted to slim down. I have actually gained about 5 pounds and just feel larger (which I did not want). I don't know if this is typical with this product. I do seem to be more toned but did not want to gain weight. I eat healthy and do some form of exercise daily (run, lift weights or do yoga). I don't know if this product is causing the weight gain and if I should continue to take the product. Will I start to slim down eventually? It is very frustrating and depressing to work so hard only to gain weight. Has anyone else had results similar to this with this product?

• Tr
      16th of Jun, 2011

I went to the complete nutrition in Eau Claire Wisconsin and decided to get a 2 month supply of reveal. The product made me feel i needed to eat less plus I was much more motivated doing my cardio workout. I'm just an average guy that went from 280 down to 220 again in a month. The supplement along with diet and exercise is awesome. I think the part most people don't understand is that no matter what product is invented, diet and exercise will always help tremendously. Get motivated get healthy :)

• Re
      17th of Jun, 2011

This complaint board is of no help to anyone, there are pry two real comments that are worth reading...one the complaint...two the apology. Most of these are pry competitors bashing another company or the company sticking up for itself, welcome to the reviews/complaints on supplements! :) One more thing is, why don't people do there own research on products (or anything for this matter) before buying anything. Sounds like most people here are complaining about how much the products are and they are trying to lose weight (burn more calories a day then you take in!). Well the truth is they are marked up...Nike shoes cost $9 dollars to make...wow you paid $125 for them so welcome to the real world. I went into one of these stores, this is what brought me to this forum. Guess what, the reveal system that they mentioned is marked up but if I were to buy 3 or 4 products that I currently take and put it in my own pretty box they all would have ended up at the price the reveal was. This is just my 2 cents which pry isn't worth that knowing that I am commenting on this topic. I would suggest go into the store and be your own judge of this store, mine seemed to be good. I would like to say good job to the owner who actually had the balls to comment knowing it won't make a difference to anyone. I am sorry for the gentlemen who clearly got fired and now is leaving his 2 cents, good luck to you in the future. Yes this is a one time post and I will not be back on here again haha...Good luck to everyone who wants to not buy anything that is marked up and anyone who is looking to lose weight but doesn't want to do their own research! Peace, love, and harmony :p

• Dc
      6th of Jul, 2011

I have had a great experience at the Complete Nutrition in Lawrence Kansas. I go there for all of the protein, and dietary supplements i have to take to stay in football shape. The guys there Seth and the other skinny guy are cool as hell. My friends took me there because they said it was way better than GNC. The people there who helped me was not harrassing me or pushing me into sales. They flat out asked what it is exactly im trying to do, and gave me there recommendations on what I should take and if it cost too much they would give me another cheaper route. I will be using Complete Nutrition for awhile now

• Dd
      7th of Jul, 2011

I work for this crappy company and will tell you first hand everyone that works there is a used car salesman! I was excited about the job because I have always been into nutrition. But after spending time with the owner and other managers all they do is push products that are way overpriced. 85$ for a protien that u can get online for 35$!!! Really?? In training the owner and manager told us all that "we are paid to lie" their exact words. I thought I would help people reach fitness goals here, but now I know all we do act excited and tell people to take pills that u can find the exact same thing anywhere else for less than half the price! Their goal is to make money, not help you. And when we do have a high dollar sale all they do is ask why we couldn't add another $ 200 on? This company is ###! don't waste ur time or money.

• St
      10th of Jul, 2011

I like complete nutrition for the fact that they are NOT commission based. GNC is a commission based company and the guys that work in the store from what I have been experiencing have been everything as bit of helpful to me. I'm a 7 year stomach cancer survivor that has been trying to pick up weight for the past 5 years. I think that the guys here deserve a little credit because I've been seeing gains in weight of approximately 1-2 lbs a month. which is a LOT for me. don't listen to the ill-informed idiot of 2009. For all i could tell is that guy works at GNC and is trying to troll on this website. Complete Nutrition>GNC any day of the week.

• Ky
      11th of Jul, 2011

Complete Nutrition is a joke. I was signed up for a membership thing even though I didn't want to. After they took out the second month I tried to cancel but they still continued to take out money. They now have taken out $88 and won't do anything about it. This was while I got laid off and couldn't afford anything more than food and house payment. Not a fan of Complete Nutrition anymore. I live in Omaha, NE.

• On
      4th of Aug, 2011

I don't understand why Compelte Nutrition will take back an opened product and NOT give a refund. If they are able to take the opened product back for an exchange, shouldn't they offer a full refund? I purchased the CTS360 Max 2 days ago. I am so jittery and haven't been able to sleep in 2 nights. I SHOULD be able to get a full refund for this product in stead of trying to use up a $250.00 in store credit!!

10th of Aug, 2011

I know there are two (or three) sides to every story but I have been a customer and also and advertising partner for Complete Nutrition. I have never heard anything come from Katie or Shane Chase other than genuine interest in their customers success. Ive needed to return a product for my husband because it had a side effect and they gladly replaced it. For those who say they claim to have a miracle weight loss pill, you are flat out lying. No one with any sense would make such a claim. You know you just dont want to exercise! Im not saying suppliments always work, but in my personal experience this company genuinely strives for results for their customers.

• Ra
      7th of Sep, 2011

As a personal trainer, I have referred my clients to complete nutrition for weight loss, sports performance etc. All of the products that are sold by complete nutrition are of the highest quality and beat out any of the cheap mass produced products that are in GNC, Max Muscle, Vitamin Shoppe etc. The only complaints I have heard of or have encountered by even my own clients are from buyers who are not eating healthy and are not working out regularly. These products are simply created to super enhance your fitness/nutrition program. Please people do not blaim Complete Nutrition for your laziness, there is no magically pill that will fix your problems only super boost your hard work leading to your success!!!

• Li
      30th of Dec, 2011

I just made a purchase today in the Huntsville store and had a very positive experience. I purchased the power packets for women over 30.

I would never pud haze a weight loss supplement because they are all nothing but a crutch. I have lost 50 pounds exercising and eating well. Lots of protein, veggies, fruit and I do use protein powder.

Don't complain because you don't lose weight with a supplement, they don't do the work, you do. Save your money and drink a lot of green tea, exercise, eat no bad Carbs eat tons of. veggies and lean protein. I even drink red wine each night and am losing weight.

• Kf
      16th of Jun, 2012

I agree about being pushy...WOW this one guy that works there appears to be on something "not so natural" and he acts so pushy and basically will push anything on anyone to make a sell. Stay away from him. I still go in the store but stay away when he's there...beware the name is Chris he is a weirdo!!!

• Mi
      27th of Mar, 2014

That Chris guy doesn't work there if anyone is worried about going in and having to see him. He has been gone for pry 2 years now. I love the CN Mall people!

14th of Dec, 2015

The supplements are comparable to like products. Yes, they are expensive and they offer a MEMBERSHIP to get discounts. The problem is that if you cancel the membership, months later they will take money out of your account rather randomly and refuse to stop because they already have your account info. Then you have to get into legal issues to stop them. THE COMPANY IS DISHONEST.