Columbia Asia Hospital - Kolkata / Wrong Diagnosis & No action taken

1 India Review updated:

My son was diagnosed incorrectly by an Opthamologist in Columbia Asia Hospital at Kolkata.
I lodged a complaint & was promised to get a call back - which off-course did not happen.
My second visit, I was told to meet the Director. Went upto the Director's office where I was told that he is having lunch & I will have to wait. (Clear sign of them procastrinating the procedure).
I was however attended by the operations manager who noted down all details & promised to call back. Call back is awaited.
I would like the hospital to reimburse the costs incurred for spectacles that were made on the prescription of their doctor & the action taken against the doctor.
Will pursue this matter till its logical conclusion.
From a Hospital of such stature, I did not expect such continued apathy & indefferece towards their pateint complaints.

More Columbia Asia Hospital - Kolkata Complaints & Reviews

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010

Call 866 266 5049 to contact https://www.complaintsboard.com directly. They can help you

20th of Feb, 2010

Hi All,

I am glad to let you know that the Managing Director of Columbia Asia Hospital Kolkata - Mr. Arindam had called me & assisted me in speedy resolution of my compliant.

I had all my costs reimbursed & a different doctor was assigned (free of cost) to do a detailed check-up.

Thank you Arindam for all your help.

The very fact that it (complaint) was looked into & resolved speaks volumes of the patient orientation about this Hospital.

By the way - almost forgot to mention - The doctor who gave the wrong diagnosis is no longer working with Columbia Asia Hospital in Kolkata!!

I remain to be a very satisfied customer & an even more loyal person to this brand.

I would have removed my complaint form this forum but honestly did not get that option on this site :)

• Ar
      15th of Mar, 2010

Looks like a speedy resolution to the customer complaint can win you many friends and be a good opportunity for some nice PR.

Well done Columbia Asia.