Coles Supermarkets / staff member cheryl

1 Coles Caversham, Australia

I am extremely disappointed with one of the staff members that works at Coles Caversham (Cheryl). It has been in two occasions that Cheryl has refused to serve me at the cigarette counter. The first time Cheryl was standing behind the counter sorting out some paperwork, she saw me and continued her job, then after few minutes said hi, I asked to purchase cigarettes and she said we are closed, but it wasn't 5pm yet, as it was a Sunday. The second occasion Cheryl was not at the counter and I waited at least 5 mins, once she arrived, I asked to purchase cigarettes again, and she said we are closed quite aggressively, but this time I did say that it's not actually 5pm yet and she still refused quite angrily. There was another customer behind me waiting to be served also and she also said that's what I thought that it's not 5pm yet. This time it was a Saturday. It has come to my attention that Cheryl specifically avoids customers when it gets close to finish time. Cheryl is extremely rude with customers. I have personally worked in retail for more than 10 years and customers always come first, especially when the store is still open. Customers should be served until the exact closing time. My family and I are very regular customers at coles Caversham, even on a daily basis. I believe that this matter needs to be sorted. She obviously doesn't want to be at work.

An