Coast to Coast Sales, Inc. / Door to door magazine sales

1 11213 DelmarLeawood, KS, United States Review updated:

Two women solicited our home on a Friday evening as we were making plans for the evening. It was an inappropriate time and they kept haggling my husband to purchase magazines for them to win a trip.
I was telling my husband we didn't need any magazines as both our own children raise $$ for their parochial schools with a magazine drive. They would not leave quietly and after 45 minutes, my husband went from $365 in subscriptions to one magazine for $67!

I sent the cancellation immediately in writing to Marquis Fulfillment Agency., LLC.

Outrageous!!

St

More Coast to Coast Sales, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      28th of Jun, 2010

Hi! My name is Alexandra. I have a question for you. How did you get your money back, after sending the cancelation? My e-mail address is ovialexm@yahoo.com.. Thank you so much!

28th of Jun, 2010

Hi. Me again, Alex. can ou send me your response to alexandramare_78@yahoo.com? Thanks.

• Td
      10th of Nov, 2010

I was also solicited by 2 young people from coast to coast sales selling magazines for a fundraiser in May 2010
    Nov. 2010 I have not received the magazine, or a refund I requested in Sept., and none of my messages have been returned.
    Definitely a scam, very dishonest business, please report to police and BBB so they get shut down.
    It's unfortunate for the honest kids and companies raising funds, I wont buy from door to door sales again.

17th of Feb, 2011

coast to coast sales definitly a scam and a very disloyal business the way they treat the kids casey johnson definitly a scam with his famliy and part of the company the same with the owners of the company (nick angel) and those are the ones that collect from the kids selling

• Te
      23rd of Mar, 2011

Same thing happened to me today in Ojai, Califorina. Two young men, one who had his right arm in a cast and in a sling and on his left arm had a tattoo of a Koi fish and his friend wore a black sweatshirt with a hoodie. Claimed to want "points" for a school project and wanted money to donate a charity that would give books to kids. The lowest they allowed me to give was 100 dollars. I later got help in looking them up and it does not exist. Just a website full of advertising and links to nothing. The name on the receipt he gave me was "Coast to Coast Sales, inc. Clearing Business Through, Marquis Fulfillment Agency LLC." P.O. Box 2243 Buford, GA 30515.

• Be
      7th of Sep, 2011

Yeah I'm a former employee/ slave of that crew. I worked with casey johnson a fat white guy who had his kids an girlfriend on the road with him and the owner Nick Angel, a real ###. They worked us teens 10 sometimes 12 hours a day Monday through Saturday expecting big rezults daily. I was not happy with this job but it was a lfe experience. To say the least they are very shady charecters who prey on young innocent teens converting them into scam artists so beware the next kid or two that knock on your door.

• Lo
      25th of Jan, 2012

I also bought magazines from them in March of 2011 and have never received them. I have called on several occasions and left messages, but of course have never had any of them returned. You would think something could be done about them.

• Vo
      13th of Mar, 2012

Had similar experience - two young women claiming to live nearby, supposedly raising money for their softball team to go to championship in Orlando. They were selling magazine subscriptions, asked for two checks for $295 each for 6 magazine subscriptions, made out to "MFA". I am a cancer patient and on pain medications and somehow let myself get conned into writing one check which I immediately stopped payment on after thinking about it. Very evil people behind this, a totally despicable scam.

• Mb
      26th of Mar, 2012

I just got scammed by these people. I received a phone call on this past Friday (March 23). They started the phone call off by saying that I had won a 100 dollar gift card. Then they go into the spill about the magazines. Somehow I let them talk me into giving them my card number. I can't believe how STUPID I was! The person on the phone said I could cancel at any time. So, after thinking it over throughout the weekend, I decided I didn't need the magazines and I can't really afford them at this time. I called the number that they girl had given me and told (who was suppose to be a supervisor) that I wanted to cancel my subscription. They denied me the cancelation. They said that I had to honor the commitment that I made with them, which was going to have me pay $30/month for 12 months. I was so mad! I couldn't believe it. She asked me why I bought the magazines in the first place. I told her I made a horrible mistake. And after I got off the phone, I researched Coast to Coast and found all of these complaints. I am going to stop the payment on my card. The lady on the phone said she would send it to collections if I did this, but I doubt she will bother. What does anyone else think?

Bottom line is this company is a disgrace and I hope they get put out of business real soon! I can't believe they have been scamming people out of their hard earned money for so long!

26th of Apr, 2012

On the subject of the Coast to Coast sales they have a ad on craigslist under the name of PHAT TRAVEL and it is very incising for young people because they talk about traveling, meeting celebrity's, and are asking for stake boarder's, BMX riders. My grandson went to work for them he did the 2 wks training they are asking the kids to lie to sale the magazines door to door. I tried to talk my grandson out of going but he had to find out for himself. Nick Angel took these kids to bars, strip clubs, and they bought drugs, alcohol my grandson was not 21yrs old. Then when he quit he was with no money they told him he spent it when they went out. This company needs to be shut down. I hope this complaint will help some other kids to think twice before working for them.

• Th
      17th of Jul, 2012

Used to work for them, triple LLC scam, I made good money and learned some very valuable lessons in cold selling techniques. To the lady that says they called you, they don't do telemarketing, you're dumb. To everyone else, I didn't realize it was a scam until I left after being on the road with them for almost a year. I had sent so many subscriptions to friends and family that they never got.
    Advice for all of you people that instantly snap on the kids knocking on your door, it's not their fault, whether they truly believe what they're doing is legitimate or not, actually try to talk to the kid. If you can see it's a good person, give them a few bucks for food, the companies treat the kids like dirt and act as though they own the poor kids.
    I've been there, don't hate the kids, hate the companies.
    Remember, it's not their fault, it's Nick Angel's. He runs the show.

• Ka
      3rd of Jun, 2013

I bought a magazine subscription 3 years ago from a young kid that came to my house claiming that he was trying to earn points to win a trip. I did not have a check so I put my credit card info on the form. I received my magazine and was only charged the appropriate amount. At the end of my 1 year subscription I received a call from Coast to Coast telling me that I signed up for a 84 month subscription plan costing me $59.00 + tax per month or a one time payment of $5, 365! I had never signed up for anything like that! I was verbally abused on the phone and the caller threathened to take legal action against me if I did not pay. I was in tears at the end of call. I called back the next day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager was very apologetic and promised that he would look into the previous days call, as well as, cancel the account that was created. The company was not able to produce any type of agreement that I signed. 2 years later... I just received a call from Coast to Coast telling me that they were updating their information and wanted to know if I was receiving my magazines in good condition. I told the lady I was not a member and did not receive magazines from them. She transfered me to her supervisor who tried to tell me that I still have 36 months of payments at $59 + tax per month left. I told him the same thing I said 2 years earlier...I do not have an account with you!! He got nasty on the phone with me, so I gave it right back to him. He asked for my credit card expiration date and then the number to verify who I was - BULL [censored] - he wanted my card info to try to force me to pay something I never signed up for. He eventually agreed to cancel my "account" - that I never had in the first place!!! SUCH A SCAM!!!

• Gr
      7th of Oct, 2014

Had a young lady come to my house last night. She did a good talking gig..but she smelled bad. Horrible breath and she looked very very tired. It was evening and she came with the speech prepared. She had an autistic nephew...blah blah blah...later I realized she saw our bumper sticker...oh yeah...and she wanted to go to Germany for her trip. (Saw our german flag out front). Everything I said she had some experience to relate to it. Crazy. She wouldn't tell me where she want to school but made up stories about her brothers and sisters and even tried to tell me she had the same dog I did. One minute she said she was selling for 2 weeks and the next she said for a few months. Crazy. So sad that this really happens in this day and age. Then she went to my neighbor and told them I sent her and used my autistic son to try and sell them stuff. I went over and told her I wanted my money back and I that my neighbor shouldn't buy anything. When I told her I found bad things about the company on the internet she had the same nonsense to try and tell me. "OH my sister won the contest last year and she went to Bermuda" "I am only 200 points away from winning" ...when she was at my house it was 1, 000 points. YEP...they are teaching them to be con artists. SICK