City Financial / Personal loans

1 India Review updated:

I've taken a Personal Loan from CF in 2005 from Citifinancial Trivandrum Office. Last year, I got a surprise mailer at my Trivandrum address threatening that I have defaulted more than three monthly payments, and City Financial is going to take immediate action(from Gangadhar, New Delhi, Legal Advisor). When I contacted the Trivandrum office, they said that they will check. Annoyed, I thought oof pre-closing the loan. I went to a near by CF office(Sastri Nagar, Adyar, Chennai), they tod me that a repayment History/statement can be had for Rs 520/-. He also said that there is no option of pre-closing the loan. The Executive was very busy with his Cell phone, He hardly showed any interest with the customer.

The City Financial have very disturbing and sucking regulations towards the customers who take loans. When a customer asks for a statement, they charge him 520/- rupees. They never allow him to transfer the repayment option(as learned from Adyar Office). When I asked the Executive, I learned that there is no chance of pre-closing the loan either.

I've been repaying it without any defaults, as the cheques were getting cleared from My Home SBI branch account at Tvm. Now that I have relocated to Chennai, I have to transfer the amount to make sure that the cheques never bounce. Usually, the repayment from my account happens every 6th of the month. Due to travelling, I couldn't put money on 4th June. Today(5th June), I got a call from the City Financial (Chennai Tel # : 044 [protected]), that they cant me sure whether the cheque will get cleared or not, so I will be bound to pay a bouncing penalty of 450/-(The loan repayment per month is only 1570/- per month). Every other banks/Financial bodies, give an option of a second cheque presentation.

Why does City Financial suck customers like this? I am posting this, because, no one will ever fall prey to this Institution's arrogant business strategies.

An

Comments

13th of Sep, 2008

sir

i am sarangarajan from chennai taken lone from cf and pre closed on 2005 my no is 5305128

surender from collection agent call and there is due for rs 30, 000 call my old office number

kindly give the details of surender collection agent chennai for complient to my nerest police station.

thanks
    sarangarajan

• Su
      5th of Oct, 2008

ECS produce before the due date, the due date is 5th of every month but it has been produce on 3rd october 2008.Due to insuffucient balance in my account bank deducted Rs. 281 from my account but on 3rd afternoon I have deposited money for the smooth clearance of my ECS on 5th.

• Di
      10th of Feb, 2010

Bank name -- Citi financial bank
    Loan acc no - 13212481 And 13212444
    City - Ludhiana

i had the worst experience from citi financial bankas i have taken a loan against my house hold property which was 1 crore ten lakhs(1, 10, 00, 000) And during this tenure i have been exploited as much as the bank officials could have .
    As it has been more than 3 years i am paying the emi properly of 1 lack and 35 thousand .
    And from the last 6 months i have been requesting them for the for clouser and the bank officials are just delaying it by saying that you pay this months emi then they will settle the account with us .
    And after that they started saying that you pay us 90 lakhs and your loan account will be closed . And now i Am roaming around after the officials for settlment and am asking the concerned person to take the amount but now he has started saying by exploiting us that we need to pay 1 crore 5 lakh ruppees .
    ...This is just a cheating with us ...
    we have payed the bank around about 38 lakh ruppees till date on the loan of 1 crore and 10 lakh AND STILL THE OFFICIALS ARE ASKING FOR 1 CRORE 5 LAKH RUPPEES ..
    I am totally shocked and am getting under depression for this thing .

I am Dinaik pashan
    r/o - 107- udham singh nagar
    98555-99000

• Gh
      19th of Aug, 2011
    City Financial - Frequent phone call even without any relationship with CITY Financia
    India

I am being chased by City Financial collection department by phone call on regular basis even though I don't have any relationship with them. I understand they have been calling me to find out a defaulter who is not traceable any more. He was one of my colleagues 7 years back and I have no connection with him. He somehow mentioned my name as a reference which I was not even aware off. I tried convincing this to the collection department guys but they are saying that they can't help as the instruction has been given by bank. I have asked for any contact number of CITY Financial higher official to solve this matter but they did not want to provide any number and asked me to visit some of their branch to solve this. I am frustated as even with no repationship they keep chasing a person who has no clue of the defaulter. I have decided to take help from my lawyer to solve this matter.

5th of Jul, 2013

I only made an enqury about a loan but never followed through with it but they still took £75.00 from my account.When i phoned to make a polite enqury about getting a refund i was told in no uncertain terms they don't do refunds even through in there t&c they say they do.

• Do
      2nd of Aug, 2016

How can anyone be dumb enough to fall for an advance-fee loan scam? You borrow 500, in 30 days you pay back 700. No legitimate lender charges a fee to obtain a loan. It's expensive, but simple.

• Sh
      2nd of Aug, 2016

i applied for a loan through city financial and paid them a fee of 79.00 pounds they took the money but no loan has been paid out they told me three days and it would be in my account i now want my money back this scam has to stop

• St
      2nd of Aug, 2016

This people will all rot in hell! Stephanie I hope u and all your colleagues bury all your children if you have any!!! Because you don't realise what you have put me and my family through.

• Ra
    City Financial
    po box 22060
    Tempe
    Arizona

I buy furniture w/ a six months no interest and because i did not paid full amount after six months they charge retro interest.

• La
    city financial
    Miami
    Florida

18038355600 keeps calling me. Twice a day, everyday. I finally called them back. I asked them to quit calling me. They would not unless I gave my name. I am not giving my name to these people. I just want the harassment to stop.

United Kingdom

Contacted city financial regarding a loan, was accepted and spoke to a gentleman called nile, who assured me that by paying £65. 00 fee i would have the funds in my account on the 20th of dec, nothing has been put into my account, have been ringing them every day since and no'one answering my calls, so i rang the office who were quick enough to take the money from my account only to be told they only deal with taking the fee money and i have to contact customer service which is the number that no'one is answering the phone, is there any advice you can give me on how to get my money back. Yours sincerely m hughes