Circuit City / Toshiba laptop works only with battery
November 12/08, I bought a laptop in Circuit City Stores Inc. Store 413 (3761 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93105). I bought the laptop in an emergency (my old computer went down) and I depend on a computer to work (on line tutoring and translations services).
The laptop is a Toshiba TOS L305S5907, which costs $ 659.96, without any further discount even though the laptop was a displayed one, and had small scratches, but I bought it, because it was the only one I could afford.
But, the seller, Mr. R. Biggs, who was not very helpful but almost absent, did not tell me that the computer was damaged, on the contrary he assured me that it is was ok, that it was just been displayed in the store.
When I went home the laptop was connected to the wall, but worked fine only until the battery got empty and the laptop shut down. I could not turn it on again. Next day (the battery was been charged half during the night), I turned it on, and again the computer shut down when the battery got empty even though it was connected to the wall.
It seems that the laptop works only with the battery. Though, I can see the computer receives power from the external power source since the AC power light is on (the battery light too), but not the on/off light. The worst is that while the laptop is working the battery does not get charged but gets empty, even though is connected to the wall.
I was in Circuit City store, and I was astonished about the indifference of the sellers when I told what happened with my laptop. One of them told me that it wasnÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½t anything to do. That I could go to Ventura and ask for get another one or use the ToshibaÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s guaranty, but he could do anything for me. When I went home, I cold to the store and told again to another seller what happened and he answered the same: nothing to do, because they were closing and did not have technical service anymore, and I could just use the computer with battery.
It means that I would maybe be able to work with the computer 3 hours a day until the battery -which charges half during the night- gets empty???
This distressful situation has cost me money and time, and nobody takes the responsibility of an unfair treatment from part of Circuit City. That Circuit City is going bankrupted does not mean that they can cheat and treat people like they have treated me and sell them any junk they have for recover what they lost.
More Circuit City Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Circuit City Credit Card - Chase/ Circuit City 
- Circuit City / Element LCD TV - Misleading customer service! 
- Circuit City And Assurant Solutions - Why you shouldn't buy anything from liquidation 
- Circuit City Advantage Protection Plan - They don't honor their extended warranties nor is it hassle free! 
- The Warranty Group / Circuit City Advantage Plan - LACK OF ACTION / PASS THE BUCK 
- Circuit City Stores - Poor service 
- Circuit City - Low cost- not worth the time & frustration
- Circuit City - It is a complete waste of your time 
- Circuitcity.com - Do not believe anything in the why buy from us link
- Circuit City - Return policy nightmare