Cici's Pizza / racial profiling!

1 1938 E Southeast Loop 323Tyler, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 903-533-9494

See letter I emailed:

Hello,

I have been a longtime customer of CiCi's until today. I went in this restaurant on March 12, 2008 about 3:15pm for lunch as I normally do. I paid with a debit card as I have many times in the past but this time the young lady behind the register asked for my ID. I asked her when this start? She explained to me that it has always been a policy of the store to ask for ID from anyone paying with a credit card. I was quite bothered by this because I have been going to this particular store for months and NO ONE EVER asked to see my ID. After I finished my meal I went to the front and asked for a manager.

Another young lady comes out and I asked for a further explanation of why I was carded. She gave me the same response as the clerk. I told her that I have never been carded since coming into this location. She then went as far to tell me she asked for my ID several in the past that I was in the store including Monday March 10, 2008. That was a lie! I did not come into the store on Monday. I came in on Tuesday and I paid in CASH. On top of that she was not at the register on Tuesday it was a young man. I do not mind the policy. I do mind that this policy is being enforced unfairly and with bias. There were no notices posted anywhere letting all customers know that this policy was in placed. I do mind that I was outright lied to by a member of management. There is no excuse.

I feel insulted and discriminated against. I don't really think I will get a response but I want to let you know my dissatisfaction with this store. I will advise people to stay away. I myself will no longer eat at this location.

Store In Question:

CiCi's

1938 E Southeast Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
[protected]

Thank you.

Comments

• Wh
      22nd of Mar, 2008

It's not profiling, and it's not bias. The ID should be checked anytime a credit card is used. Signs do not need to be posted stating this either. You should be happy that someone took the time to check your ID to make sure that it is you and that you are authorizing this transaction. I bet that if someone stole your credit card, and used it you would be throwing a hissy fit because someone DIDN'T check the ID. Be happy that this location cares about their customers.

18th of Apr, 2009

Jason Tillo, you must be a very sad person. I really feel sorry for you and will be praying for you...

18th of Apr, 2009

i will call a prayer group together, you really need it

18th of Apr, 2009

HUH? Did you not even read the original complaint? Son you are so confused I dont think there is anyone that could help you...

18th of Apr, 2009

okay, you so confused that i dont want to upset u any longer i mean you might do us all a favor and commit suicide or something. so I am done playing with you, now go do your homework and maybe one day you will get a job and if your real real lucky you might even get married you day. So I will not comment anymore because I dont want to be responsible for what a pathetic person as yourself might do...bye bye go find someone else to play with now...just do your homework first...

19th of Apr, 2009

okay jason i want to apoligize to you for the suicid comment i made. You are probably a good person inside. I really did not realize you were just a kid. be nice and you might go far in life. take care and i hope things get better for you.

15th of May, 2009

Ya many stores now ask me for a ID when I pay with my debit card and i'm white. So if you are really black you can get off your high horse and stop thinking yourself better than everyone else.

• Pu
      7th of Jan, 2010

I don't know about the racial profiling at Cici's Pizza Buffet, but I do know that they recently discontinued most of their salad bar and discontinued their cheese bread. They must have idiots making their decisions.

• Ro
      11th of Aug, 2010

Racial profiling my [censor]. Stop complaining.