Chenoa Smith / Scam and theft

1 Santa Monica, CA, United States Review updated:

I paid one of Chenoa Smith's many companies $1200 to publish and promote a book which I had written and previously self-published. She kept breaking promises and delaying. She kept sending me information I didn't need and she also 'required' me to fill out numerous personal and product questionnaires, supposedly to help position and promote my book in the proper market(s). (She even had me completely reorganize/re-edit my book!) After two years of these shenanigans I realized that they had not idea what they were doing and that they were never going to publish my book. I have requested that she send me my money back and have even gone through the mediation service mentioned in the contract, to no avail.

Va

More Chenoa Smith Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Co
      11th of Oct, 2010

In answer to Carousing - of course this is the same person - we posted warning notices on Craigslist in Santa Barbara so more people would not be taken advantage of. Did you work any hours? Do you have any out of pocket expenses? If so, there is a very long line of people ahead of you who are owed money - a whole lot of money in fact!!

• Ed
      2nd of Oct, 2011

I was tipped that this company is one that Marie Smith is now involved in: http://www.letsgetclickable.com.

Everyone needs to stay vigilant and watch Chenoa/Marie to see who she tries to steal from next.

• Oo
      23rd of Nov, 2011

Marie Smith is still operating solidly in Santa Monica and Los Angeles under the business name Get Clickable. Unfortunately, this company has a veneer of legitimacy, but rest assured there is a large wake of partners - including established social media companies - employees, contractors, vendors and assuredly consumers who are unprotected. Apparently no one can stop this person and it is not clear what her real identity is. Anyone with real information needs to post it ANYWHERE using the keywords Marie Smith and Get Clickable to assure that future victims can escape this parasite.

• Pi
      14th of Apr, 2015

She's been released from prison and her new name is Mahamaya Nithyananda Marie.

• So
      11th of Jun, 2015

DO NOT have any business dealings with this person ever!!
    I am John B from California. I had a very detailed joint venture with Chenoa Smith in 2008 while living for free in a space I provided and our living expenses paid by monies I provided. I had a DBA and so did she as Live Ad Inc. She kept me busy reviewing documents, creating plans, developing media, reviewing letters, and other business minutiae. I trusted her because she is very savvy about starting companies, hiring independent contractors, always with clear strategies on how to make money under the guise of helping people. Then having them do all sorts of work for her for 2 weeks, and when they asked to collect first check they got excuses, delayed, denied, not paid, and then emotionally pressured into you being told it was thier fault that they decided to be an independent contractor instead of employee. She didn't have a car, hardly any clothes, obsessed about getting custody of her daughter, all while draining my bank account because she never made a dime at any of her many DBA ventures she started. She even showed me a Google widget to generate legitimate debit card numbers . I'm not sure what fraud she even did with that. I ended up broke no job no car no food no reputation no pride - to the point that I had a nervous breakdown for which she had no sympathy for and continued to scam clients via web phone an electronic communications saying she could offer them a service, all the while hiring independent contractors through the web and consistently changing her address phone number and multiple companies contact info. Then denying and threatening whenever they wanted to bring proceedings, adjudication, criminal charges or any other remediation against her.