Chase Home Finance / property tax refund

Phoenix, United States
On January 2, 2008, I wrote a personal check for $3200.47 to the Denton County Tax Assessor-Collector for the 2007 property taxes on my town home at 266 Legends Dr in Lewisville TX 75057. The Denton county property tax account number for this property is R0268346. This payment should not have been submitted, as my mortgage includes an escrow account which accrues for the property taxes. After receiving my quarterly mortgage loan statement from Chase Home Finance dated December 31, 2007, I realized my error and contacted the Denton County Tax Assessor-Collector's office to request resolution. They informed me that only the mortgage company could issue a refund as they would receive the refund check in the event of a double payment. At that point I contacted Chase to request a refund which was submitted with customer service. Their original advice was to check back in 3 weeks, which I did. Their response at that time was 30 - 60 days. After contacting Chase again on March 5, 2008, and e-mail was sent to Steve Mossman, RTA (Denton County Tax Assessor/Collector) to which he replied, "Mr. Wright, Re: Property Tax Account R0268346 The refund check was mailed about February 18. It is Denton County Tax Office Check # 126372 payable to Chase Home Finance." This information was faxed to [protected] attn: Andrea with Chase Home Finance LLC for submission to the research department on March 21, 2008. I contacted the Chase tax department on March 31, 2008 to request a status update, no new information was available. I requested to be called by a supervisor which is to occur between 24 and 72 hours and also informed them that I would be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. After 72 hours, still no call from them. So I called back and they claimed that they still hadn't received the check from the tax office.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank