CBS / loud and noisy background music/racket

The background music/racket on Channel 2 is so loud that we cannot hear the dialogue. Other people have also complained about it,. Turning up the volumn doesn't help because the racket is louder, also.

Unfortunately, my husband has some favorite shows on Channel 2. There has to be an answer. None of the other channels are like this. We turn Channel 2 off as soon as the shows are over. We can't even watch the news.

What can be done?

Va

Comments

• Pe
      21st of Sep, 2008
    CBS - prepaid call
    (CBS)
    correctionalbillingservices.com

my complaint is them took $50 from my credit card and when i call them said i owe, but u cant owe because if u dnt have money, in u acc# u cant receive phone call so how can i owe them this a bad phone company.

• Me
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I agree!!! I'm trying to find a way to contact CBS. The background music is awful!! Bad enough that I don't even want to watch CBS anymore!

• Ca
      28th of Sep, 2018

@Melody Have you found a way to contact CBS? I agree with you wholeheartedly about the background music being so loud that you can't even hear the dialog!!!

• Co
      10th of Sep, 2011
    CBS - joining a group in Survivor Fantasy
    CBS
    New York City
    New York

How do I join a public group on Survivor Fantasy. I have always just clicked on the group of choice but I have tried several times and there is no action. I see where othert people have joined so what'sm going opn?

• He
      10th of Sep, 2011

Maybe no one wants you in their group. Did you ever think of that?

• Al
      24th of Oct, 2011

We are no longer thinking of watching any CBS serial shows any more due to the very loud back-ground music which drowns out the actor's voice - we find that we loose a good part of the program due to the noise - so why watch it?

• Bb
      16th of Nov, 2011
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

I agree that the background noise is way to loud. I still want to watch shows especially Hawaii Five O. But could you please keep the background sound to a minimum. Thank you

• Je
      30th of Apr, 2018

@BB62 thank you for hear our complaints about the background music being so loud, tonite was a pleasure, keeping that loud music down. we all appreciate whoever it was that heard all of the people say the same thing. And hope other stations will do the same. Thank you!!!

• De
      11th of Jan, 2012

I would rather watch a movie with no background music than to have the background so loud that you cannot get any of the movie diologue. I have turned off several movies because of this. It would be a good idea to ask your customers what they want instead of some nut that make the descission to do so.

• La
      20th of Jul, 2012

I want Brian Ross terminated for his lack of professionalism. Should we assume that he was the one that killed that poor man and left him in his pool? I heard that Brian Ross did that. That's the level of professionalism and leftist political ideology that these ridiculous people use. Yeah, I use FB to do my investigation and oh! bonus! He's a member of the Tea Party, that will really help my political agenda, because I have conservatives and what they represent--those law abiding citizens. They really bother me! Clean house and I mean a really deep, deep, deep clean.People don't believe the "news" which are apparent radical, pandering, lies. Your news organization just vomits and like a dog eats his own vomit and your so out of touch you actually think people believe what you say anymore. No wonder your organization is going down the toilet. Unless you wake up and stop furthering leftist political agenda, and become true investigators, that are impartial, and looking out for all American citizens, your company doors will soon be shut.

• Wi
      26th of Nov, 2013

Person of interest is our favorite show, the background music is awfull. What is wrong with CBS, do they have a death wish for their watching audience?

• Ny
      5th of Dec, 2013

CBS commercials are also too loud; the promotions for their shows are even worse. Where's the FCC?

• Di
      31st of Dec, 2013

Please turn the elevator music down on NCIS & Person of Interest. Please go back to good movies like the classics-they didn't have that through the whole program! Can you imagine Magnum PI with elevator music all the way through it when Tom Selleck was talking!

• Ca
      23rd of Apr, 2014

Who the heck decided that the "noise" that is heard in the back ground of TV shows was a good thing???? Impossible to hear the dialogue!! Very irritating and annoying, ALL the stations do this. Stop it or tone it way, way down!

• Pa
      12th of Nov, 2014

We just deleted "Person of Interest" from our recorded programs after all these years. I give up trying to hear the dialog over the CONSTANT background noise!!! Life I too short to struggle through that kind of aggravation when we are supposed to be relaxing. Constant noise is Hollywood's new thing but it is certainly not a good thing!!

• Su
      25th of Nov, 2014

We love cbs news. Background noise drives us crazy, plus we cannot decifer speech.

• Bu
      9th of Jan, 2015

I will not be watching CBS This Morning anymore due to the loud and sometimes inappropriate background music. My daughter has already stopped. Sometimes I cannot hear what Charlie Rose, Gayle King, or Nora O'Donnell are saying. And like this morning the music for one story continues on over the next few pieces. This morning during a story about the young girl refusing chemotherapy, the background was the highly inappropriate and insensitive disco hit "Stayin' Alive", which trivialized the sad and potentially tragic situation. Then they continued to play it loudly in the background of the announcements for the following 2 or 3 stories. It is one thing to suffer through the 10 minutes of commercials between segments and even before and after short "teasers" about an upcoming stories. It is another to have to put up with unprofessional production values that add nothing and detract much from the so-called news.

• Me
      16th of Jan, 2015

Why can't these complaints be shown to the big bosses on CAN.we just watched Hawaii 50 and as usual only heard about half of dialogue.If something doesn't change we are going to have to quit CBS .PLEASE PLEASE PASS THIS TO THE BIG GUYS!!!

• Vw
      30th of Jan, 2015

Am I the only one annoyed by the loud directing with the loud music when cbs morning news is on? Why do I care about some director telling the camera what to do? Don't ruin the only descent news morning show.

• Ra
      7th of Feb, 2015

Apparently everyone at CBS is DEAF as far as music is concerned and already knows what the actors are saying. It is a waste of time watching CBS programming, too bad, they used to have good shows, when you could hear the actors.

• Kl
      1st of Mar, 2015

We watched NCIS for years. We finally pulled the plug. That the loud background "music" destroys the contents.

• Mi
      1st of Mar, 2015

CBS...STFU! I assume that you hired Actor's and Writers for your shows...it would be nice to actually Hear them! There is No need for the Constant and Overpowering music drowning out the actors! It's gotten so bad that I prefer to mute your channel and use close-captioning.
    I find that I watch Much Less of your dramatic shows because of this annoying sound invasion.