Casablanca Ceiling Fans / Circuit Boards / Bunch of crap!

The motor on my expensive Casablanca Fan is only 2 yrs old. The circuit board is blown and I have to wait 60 days to get a new one, because everyone says they are back ordered from the factory. I think that means there are alot of blown circuit boards out there. The cost of the circuit board is running from $69. - $85., I did find one guy that wanted $125., I asked him why so much. He says they're in high demand. What a bunch of crap. I am probably going to go out and buy a new ( cheap ) fan, that will last a lot longer.

Ma

Comments

• Pl
      10th of Oct, 2011

Nice try,

Any company that claims to put out a "world class" fan and claims to be the first to make a microprocessor control of the fan and lights using the w32 inteli touch ought to at a minimum put out electronics that don't repeatedly fail and ultimately cost the consumer more money in repairs than the original expensive cost .

In the end this pretty fan is a useless piece of junk, since it cannot reliably be controlled.

Probably a class action suit is needed here.

• Mi
      15th of Jan, 2013

My 19th Century Casablanca's inteli-touch switch had a slow death... the fan switch would be intermittent... then finally it would no longer step the motor speed... lights work fine... I called Casa and was told a $120 repair kit was available... I said I think all I need is the wall switch... they said they no longer make them... That tells me the China parts were funky... I called the FanMan and was told it was the PC board... the guy swore by that... so I coughed up a hundred bucks and just got it in mail... zero instructions... so I’m looking for an assembly drawing of my model... I found one on Casa's sight, but it was for the RF model (with antennae)... I've got the step motor antique bought in 2008... Since I’ve got just less than 5 years… maybe I’m lucky… this fan is in the master bedroom and my wife uses it heavily... anybody know an URL for R&R the PC Board?
    Cheers, JEff

17th of Sep, 2013

I've owned a Casablanca Ceiling Fan (model# 49G73H) for approximately 2 ½ years and I’ve had no issue until (you guessed it) now. The remote will not power-up the fan or the lights. I went through the trouble of removing the fan. You have to understand that the ceiling is north of 15’ and getting up there was laborious. Enough of my whining; I removed the fan thinking (hoping) that the issue was electrical. To my surprise, the electrical system was fine. I could not believe that a Casablanca fan would be faulty. The reason why I purchased a Casablanca fan to begin with was due to Casablanca’s’ good reputation. That’s until I saw this complaint board. I will try to repair it myself but if I fail, I will be purchasing a “Home Depot” brand.

• Dn
      19th of Jul, 2014

We just bought a used Casablanca Panama II fan. We installed it according to the instruction manual and cant seem to run the fan without the light on. If we turn the power on the light comes on. If we touch the light button the light dims and brightens but never goes off. The only way to turn off the light is to turn off the fan too. How can we fix this problem. Why is this happening?

• Er
      6th of Aug, 2014

We have nine Casablanca fans bought over 15 years. The older ones just keep on working. Our problem is with the newer fans. Our 19th Century fan in the bedroom lasted 3 years before dying. We had it repaired by an authorized Casablanca repairman who replaced the circuit board and then issued the W-85 to match the circuit board. Several hundred dollar job. One year later the W-85 no longer controls the fan - don't know if it is the circuit board or the wall controller. Not sure I want to go the repair route. Perhaps convert to remote control unit? Agree with others that documentation for disassembling of the fan is lacking.
    Hunter buying Casablanca is kind of like Howard Miller buying up the older clock makers - which now don't produce the fine time pieces that are reliable.

• Ju
      4th of Oct, 2015

Try replacing a bulb in the dome that is as hard as well to come off. I was told to push up and turn clockwise but that was a useless suggestion. If you can't screw off the dome then what ? Just I'll have to remove the fan and replace it with a Hunter fan. I will never buy another POS Casablanca fan ever again.

• Ve
      11th of May, 2016

At this juncture I'm a very angry, dissatisfied customer. The light on the fan in question quit working, so I looked up and went through the "procedure" for "fixing" the "dip switch" problem as stated in your trouble-shooting guide as the first step. When that didn't correct the problem I called you directly, and after "being put through the useless process of checking the dip switch setting" again by your person on the phone, I ordered (for $50 bucks) a new receiver module. Which I installed, again with no change in the "no light" situation. The second time I called, I was supposed to receive an e-mail with a schematic and a case number, but that information never came. So I called yet a third time and was told to take the fan to a "Casablanca Service Center."

Unfortunately, the only one available is more than 50 miles from my home, so I proceeded on my own to troubleshoot the problem. None of the available wiring diagrams for this fan show a part you list as a NO BYPASS ASSEMBLY. But after I removed it and obtained the part number, I found it in your parts list. Nowhere in any of your trouble-shooting information do you make reference to this part or it's function, but the Internet sure does. With several dozen "how to" videos showing your customers how to remove it so that the 100 watt lamp actually operates at 100 watts, instead of 40 just watts.

Now, I understand that this little goody is a government-mandated addition, but it is a MISREPRESENTATION OF YOUR PRODUCT to state that it has a 100 watt light. We have struggled for all the years we have had this fan, with the fact that it didn't give off enough light to light the room where the fan is located. The fan it replaced had a 100 watt incandescent light which was the primary illumination in the room in which it is installed. We even went to the trouble of buying another 100 watt halogen bulb to see if the supplied bulb was the problem. Although I should, I am not going to get my lawyer to sue you, but suffice it to say you are a disgrace as a company for not making it very clear in your product description that the light does not, in point of fact, give 100 watts of illumination. Furthermore, to call a CURRENT LIMITER, a NO BYPASS ASSEMBLY is simply prima facie evidence that you are trying to hide from your customers, the fact that you have been mandated by the government to reduce the lamp's output by the installation of this part. And finally, it's really an abuse of your customers, like me, when you don't even have your technical support people offer this part as a potential solution to the problem of the light not working, when you can readily deduce from the negative comments on the Internet that it’s a problem part! We put Casablanca fans in our home when we built it 30 years ago. The fan in question is a replacement for one of those fans, which lasted for more than twenty years. I can only conclude that now that you are owned by Hunter, things have changed and the quality and integrity of Casablanca Fans has been compromised by their ownership. One thing is certain, we will be looking to your competitors when the time comes to replace any of the other ceiling fans in our home.