carmel movers / rip off and scam

65 Sprague StreetBoston, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 617-783-0344

I recently completed a move using carmel movers out of MA. My move was from MA to FL. This was the worst move I have ever experienced. I have moved five times prior to this with no damages to my things. Below is a *brief* summary of my complaints against the company. Companies like this should not be allowed to advertised professional service.
Carmel movers
Arrived for pick up 4 hours late without notice

Rude and unprofessional behavior
Carmel movers
Failure to introduce selves upon arrival

Casually dressed (flip flops), not uniformed as specified in agreement

Inefficient loading of truck (>16hs for a 3-bedroom )
Driver absent for half-hour periods
Smoking breaks during loading of truck
Driver could not locate my home at destination
carmel movers
Underestimated move by over $4000

Difficulty communicating due to limited English-speaking skills by movers, one spoke no English

Driver hung up telephone mid-conversation regarding location of my home

carmel Movers did not know how to disconnect, connect, or place washer and dryer in washer/dryer specific closet

Boxes covered in dirt and grease; items inside covered in dirt and sawdust

All newly purchased, sturdy, professional moving boxes damaged to a point that they are no longer reusable Valued at $2000
Crushed
Puncture holes
Fragile boxes were smashed in on both sides
Ripped open

Missing iPod-mini (pink, engraved) from inside taped box Original value $200

Missing Coach wristlet Original value $150

TV damage Original value $370
6 inch crack in frame
Internal damage to tube causing obscured colors on screen

Dryer damaged Original value $250
Dented console
Dented top corner
Metal fragments found consistent with damage to console
Plastic console frame broken off
Console loose

Broken head board Original value $200

Bookshelf damaged Original value $50
Chipped corner
Scratched sides
Dented back
Loose screws

Lampshade crushed, puncture holes as a result of mishandling boxes Original value $25

Wicker basket crushed as a result of mishandling boxes Original value $10

3 teacups (in smashed box) Original value $20 each
2 saucers (in smashed box) Original value $10 each
1 glass (in smashed box) Original value $5
Broken suture kit Original value $20
carmel movers is a scam
carmel movers is a ripoff avoid at all cost
TJ
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Ud

Comments

To
  19th of Oct, 2008
They gave me an estimate of $3, 650 for a weight of 7, 000 lbs (MAX). They said it was a conservative estimate. I estimated the weight at 6, 000 lbs. 2 other professional companies estimated the weight at 6, 200 lbs and 7, 000 was a maximum weight. They loaded up all my furniture and then jacked up the estimate to 10, 500 lbs and wanted another $2, 000. This is a total scam and screw job of the consumer. DON'T EVER CONSIDER HIRING THESE THEIFS ! When I asked to talk with the manager they totally avoided and even screened my calls. I called once and they hung up and then when I called and blocked my phone number they then answered the phone. There is 24 complaints against this company at /link removed/ They also have an "F" rating at the better business bureau
To

Phone: 617-783-0344
carmelmovers.com

Ti
  8th of Aug, 2016
They quoted me $2400.00 and demanded $12, 400.00 when they arrived. I hired a lawyer to sue them. The lawyer negotiated them down to $6000.00, which is still $3600.00 over their quote to move me 482 miles. After over 5 month without our household goods, I relinquished and paid them the $6000.00.

After receiving my money, they called the next day and told me they still will not deliver my household goods. This company is one of the most organized ripoff scams I have ever heard of. They are not to be trusted or to be hired. STAY AWAY!

In addition, the poster named Maria that posted the glowing review of this company is the person I first dealt with in the company.

CAMEL MOVER IS A SCAM