Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In
The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website

Carlisle Law Firm



Complaint Rating:  80 % with 5 votes
80% 5
Contact information:
Carlisle Law Firm
1670 McKendree Church Rd.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
United States
I hired the Law firm to represent me in a civil case, the first question I asked when the firm was hired was did they have enough time to file the necessary paperwork due to the timing of the discovery. The court allots 3o days and we were really close to the deadline. The lady that answers the phone Christy assured me that there was adequate time to file an answer and everything was fine. Long behold months later a judgement is granted against me due to lack of response before the deadline. Upon speaking to the attorney for the first time after the judgement came back the said that courts are usually lenient when clients don't have an attorney and this is very unusual. Although this is unusual I paid for a service that I did not receive. This firm was unable to represent me they refuse to refund my money due to the fact that they filed a LATE response saying that they completed the work they were hired to perform. I agree that a response was filed but what good is a late response? They are a total rip off I should have done more research on the firm and I hope this warning will save someone else from destruction. I am now being garnished for a bill that does not belong to me.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Lawyers and Attorneys


Sort by: Date | Rating
N  7th of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Depending on what type of matter it is, it usually takes me at the very least a couple of days and that's after I've met with the client. Then, I request that the client review the documents for accuracy and sign them. Did you review and sign? Again, that depends on what type of matter it is and what type of documentation is requested in the Request for Production. In some cases I have to hire a printing company, because there is so much paperwork and pictures. Did you sign a retainer agreement? Every State has a Bar Association and an Attorney Review Board, so I suggest you draft a letter to them explaining your matter. Based upon what they say, you may want to retain an attorney to recover your fees, court costs and any damage you may have incurred due to the judgment entered against you.
D  6th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
File a bar complaint against him with the Georgia Bar. Go to https://www.gabar.org/forthepublic/fileacomplaint.cfm. He can blow you off, which he did. But the whole point of retaining them was to avoid or postpone or otherwise mitigate the judgment. To file same after the fact is purely bad faith. So file a bar complaint against Carlisle. He'll have to answer to the BAR, which holds his license to practice law. And guaranteed, he won't be nearly as glib with them as he was with you. If he made you a promise he didn't keep, he shouldn't get to keep the $ thereto. It's offer and acceptance. And he violated said contract/terms. Plus, it's "unreasonable" for anyone to agree to pay for "worthless services", which is effectively what he provided.

Post your Comment

Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree
Comment text
Attach photos (optional)

Carlisle Law Firm Logo Carlisle Law Firm
Customer Care Service
5704 Mountain Oak Drive
United States - 30517
View Full Information
Contact Us

Reply to