Care.comunauthorized credit card charges

The charged me every month for a subscription service unbeknown to me. I thought I was signing up for a 30 day trial subscription. It has been occurring for 16 months! Over $600 in charges when I never used the site. Unethical and fraudulent! Taking advantage of busy mothers.

Ja
Jan 25, 2016

Comments

• Ca
      Jan 27, 2016

Hi Jax! I apologize you were not aware of our Automatic Renewal Feature. All of our subscriptions do automatically renew until canceled, and this feature was mentioned on the enrollment page when you joined Care.com. Many members find this feature useful as they like the assurance of having a community of caregivers available whenever they need care. Please feel free to reach out to us via email at [protected]@care.com to see if there is anything we can do at all. Wish you all the best!

• Ke
      Feb 10, 2016

I signed up and did not do the one month free trial specifically because I had already has this experience in the past and did not want to be automatically charged monthly without my knowing. THEY DON'T SEND AN EMAIL TO CONFIRM THE CHARGES. So I specifically signed up for what I thought was a one time fee to use the service for 30 days, but nope, I've just discovered that they've been charging my card every month. I even have emails that indicate my service was ending and they want me to renew; however, then they just automatically renew. Not to mention finding a customer service phone number or email is almost impossible but I did! Oh yeah, but wait, it's 9:50 am and every time I call the number it says, "I'm calling outside of business hours." I live on the East Coast of the US so it's not 9:50am in Russia or something... it's a perfectly legit time for a business to be open. And I seriously doubt "many members" find this feature useful. I literally know zero moms who enjoy this type of service on going as we use it as needed.

• Ca
      Feb 10, 2016

Hi Kelly! I can understand your frustration and I am sorry to hear how unhappy you are with the Auto Renewing feature. I'd definitely pass on your feedback to the right department. Our Call Center is open Monday to Friday between 10 am - 6 pm EST. Feel free to email us as well at [protected]@care.com and one of our email representative will be able to assist you as well. Have a good one!