Cameraaddict.com / Ripoff

1 337 East 89th StreetBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-414-3067

I ordered an expensive digital camera, advertised on the website at 1/2 price what's in the local photo store. As I can see now, it was a typical scam this company is doing for years without any intervention from the city/state or even federal bodies.
The product arrived, but finally I was charged TWICE the amount. There's no way to contact the company - most of their email addresses are invalid, and there's no response for the the only email appears to be working. Their phone number has a "Full message box. Thank you for calling. Good-bye!", so no way to contact by phone nor leave a message.

Just to let you know: it's a Jewish-operated company (they seem to cover almost all the camera-selling business today). Please understand, no offense here, just a simple fact statement. So you know whom you dealing with.

Overall experience - arogance, scam, betrayal - they should be out of business, possibly answering to the State Persecutor.
Avoid them like the Plague!!!

This company is registered under the name "Broadway Photo", and is operating the following sub-companies:

www.bwayphoto.com
www.thedigitalexpo.com
www.tronicity.com
www.wilddigital.com

AVOID THEM ALL!!!
Or - if you a masochist - go ahead, and buy from them.

Le

More Cameraaddict.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• De
      17th of Apr, 2007
    CameraAddict.com - False advertising

I placed and order with Cameraaddict.com on a Friday – I received an email telling me to call in to confirm my order, the phone just rang and rang. That following Monday I called again and now I received a phone message indicating that the company was on holiday until that Wed.

I emailed my cancellation of the order and I tried again the phone numbers and ext. to customer service. I left two messages indicating I didn’t want the camera anymore as I haven’t gotten any communication from them at all. I called today which is five days later and someone picks up the customer service line then hangs up.

• Se
      20th of May, 2007

This is called a bait and switch company, contact your Credit card company immediately and cancel your CC.

• Vf
      25th of Jun, 2007

I placed an order through cameraaddict.com and then called in reply to the confirmation email. I was harassed by the man on the other end of the line. HE asked me over 10times if I wanted to buy a new battery for the camera, after saying no another 5times he told me the camera I purchased was in Japanese. I'm not stupid, the camera was not in Japanese. I finally canceled the order and then called back to confirm that the order was canceled. Ridiculous service.

29th of Oct, 2007

On 10/20/07 I ordered a Canon EOS 40D from www.cameraaddict.com. I have the order confirmation and thank you note for cameraaddict saved in case it needs to be reviewed. This is the one body-only Canon 40D available in their web site.

A few days later I received an e-mail asking to call them to confirm the shipping address. When I did, and after being offered batteries, and lenses, I was asked "What language" I wanted the camera to use, to which I replied either English or Spanish. At that point I was advised that I wanted the US model then, not the Japanese model, and that the US model was about $300 more expensive ($859 vs $1150). The sales representative proceeded to state that the camera advertised is a Japanese-only model, in Japanese language, and using chargers and plugs that do not work in the US.

www.cameraaddict.com does not state anywhere in their web site that this camera is a Japanese model, neither does the order confirmation or the thank you note. In fact, a US model cannot be found in their site. This is poor selling practice and trying to trick the customer into spending more money after an agreement has already been reached by giving credit card numbers and placing the order.

Don't buy from this place!

• Ni
      7th of Nov, 2007

This cameraaddict.com is very untrustworthy company.

I ordered canon g9, I was sent confirmation # and all info, then suddenly got an email telling me that camera is out stock, I phone from different # and ask for canon g9 then clerk said they have in stock.

I think they do not want to sale product to customer who buy only camera where they might be making less profit, however if you order with lots of extra then they will sale that camera.

This is bad company stay away from them. they do not accept email, give wrong email address.

• Al
      13th of Nov, 2007
    CameraAddict / Nuvi 250 - They sold an item they didn't have
    www.CameraAddict.com

I bought a nuvi 250 gps system on Nov 11th. Next day I received an email asking for verification. That should be done by phone. I tried twice without success. All the times I left message with my name, phone and order numbers. No feedback. In the third time, one day after the first call, after a long wait finally somebody answered. They said I should make a choice of purchasing a package with accessories (+ US$ 74) or canceling. They tried to trick me because some of the offered accessories are part of the product like the power cable. I loose my time and best deal with other site.

• Mi
      21st of Nov, 2007
    CameraAddict.com - Fraud & cheating!
    325 E. 89th
    Phone: 8009272354
    www.cameraaddict.com

Avoid cameraaddict.com. First they bait you in with lower product prices. Then once they have you're order and cc info, you're asked to call them to confirm. At that time, they pump you to buy more products. Once you tell them you don't need their 'extras', they contrive a reason, eg this model is the foreign version, to get you to cancel. To sell the american version the price is not surprisingly higher. Also, they don't reveal their agents name when asked. I'll pay extra for the piece of mind someplace else.

My next stop is www.ftc.gov to file a complaint.

• Th
      22nd of Nov, 2007

Thank you all!

• Rr
      29th of Nov, 2007

I ordered a cannon g9 and long lasting battery. I was asked to call. when contacted, I was told that it would take 12 hrs. to charge in the original included charger, I should buy a rapid charger. I was also told shipping is free. Camera's cost supposed to be $366/, Total I was charged $595.93. When I questioned about shipping charges of $29.99, I was told that this was insurance charge.I realized, that the battery charged within 1 1/2hrs. or less on the origional charger, I wanted to return the battery charger but I was told that I could not return as the package was a bundle, which I was not told. If I returned the whole package, I would be charged $60/ restocking fee.After I told the that I am going to ask the credit companyt hold the payment, I was sent few small items cleaning kit which was leaking, 2g memory card,camera case for exchange of the recharger, which I am supposed to return at my cost, but would not consider credit. This company is very deceptive in its practices, hope this type of rip off practices can be stopped

• Rr
      30th of Nov, 2007

I recntly filed complaint, not shown here.
    cameraaddict is untrustworthy, deceptive, rip-off, hopefully lot of customers will realize and avoid this store, had bad experience

• Do
      1st of Dec, 2007
    CameraAddict.com - didnt returned my camera which i given for repair
    cameraaddict.com

Company forces you to contact sales person after placing on line order. If you do not order additional high-priced accessories, the company refuses to honor the order for the basic camera. Clearly fraudulent business practices. Company should be shut down.

• Lu
      4th of Dec, 2007

Same happened to me, they bait me with a low price camera, and they later said the product is back ordered, and when I called, they just give me all kinds of phony reasons that I should buy the more expensive one, and they tried to get me to cancel my order.

• Ph
      6th of Dec, 2007

Here is what I sent Camera Addict or whatever you want to call them:

Cancel order immediately!!!

I am so disappointed in your company and the lack of any customer service. First, I placed the order with no mention of any backlog and should have canceled immediately when your "helpdesk" person named Harry was very impolite. I called to confirm my online purchase and told Harry that I wanted the new reduced price of the Samsung TV. He said he could not do that and did not have a supervisor or would not transfer me to another person. My business did not mean much to him and was told I would have to call back if I wanted to talk to someone else. Talked to a supervisor who gave us the sale price but no mention of a backorder. The next day the email of a backorder arrived with no mention of how long. Called to check with notification from same supervisor that it would be 2-3 weeks and we decide we could wait because of the good price. We called back today to check status and slammed with a new backorder date of "at least 6-8 weeks". Give me a break! This transaction has rated as the worst online nightmare I have ever had to deal with.

Again, I will expect an email by tomorrow that this order has been officially canceled. I would also recommend you take a hard look at your customer service. Price will not be my #1 concern in the future with the reputation of a company clearly looked at.

• Ro
      10th of Dec, 2007
    Cameraaddict.com
    cameraaddict.com

First you order a camera that cameraaddict.com prices lower than others, then you get an email saying you have to "confirm" the order. When you call the number they either do not answer, you get v-mail or you finally do get a real person. They tell you that the camera you ordered is an "import" from China and to get the "American" versions costs more. If you do not agree they are rude, forcing you to cancel your order. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

• Ju
      10th of Dec, 2007

I just bought a camera from CameraAddict.com. I did a search for coupons before I bought it and then I found a site where a person was complaining about them. They said they were so mad because when they called into the company to confirm the email they received they tried to sell them everything. When they politely declined they received an email explaining that their order was on back order... of course.

Stupidly I proceeded anyway. I got my confirmation email... then I got an email where I had to call them (sound familiar) and verify my information. I did. While on the phone I was told how the camera battery only holds about 15 minutes of a one time use only battery and I should upgrade. I explained I did not want to because I did not know what length of a battery I wanted. I was very polite. He said ok... was a bit more pushy and then said 'is there anything else I can do for you today?' I said "yes, can you please put me on your internal do not call list" (this way legally they can not call me anymore, I work for a calling company so I know about ut) He was confused at first and then said, "yup"... and hung up on me. I just got "my orders is back ordered emailed" interesting... I will attempt to cancel, or I will follow the advice above and cancel my order via my credit card.

• Ba
      14th of Dec, 2007
    CameraAddict.com - Fraudulent practices
    CameraAddict.com
    Phone: 718 512 0425
    www.cameraaddict.com

I ordered a camera from this company online. They e-mailed me 2 days later asking me to "verify" the order, despite being told to ship the item being ordered to same address as the credit card. I called them and they attempted to sell me a number of "accessory packages" to boost the price substantially. I advised that I wasn't interested in anything but the camera. Next they put me on hold for 20 minutes. I called back with the order # and again, on hold for > 20 minutes. I tried e-mailing (15 times), and a dozen more phone calls - even requesting the sales manager or supervisor. Again - put on hold. I find this company entirely unethical and phony - would never do business with them again !

• Gs
      17th of Dec, 2007

LIARS... BAIT and SWITCH... CROOKS
    I bet anything that the good reviews on other sites are from company guys. Its the usual experience for everyone...order and get a mail to call... then the sales rep who is not only rude (understatement) but also one who threatens. After i asked them to cancel the order because he lied to me that cacorder doesnt come with a battery (imagine that...do they think ppl r idiots? and buy stuff w/o knowing?) he asked me to apologize (when he was the one who was rude) or he'll keep the phone down and charge 180$ (for nothing!!!)

i suspect they are just there to harass people...a set of SAIDSTS or worse IDENTITY THIEVES bcause if its just money they want to cheat on they could have let the order thro' and overcharged... but they make u call and talk utter rubbish on the other end w/o respect for age or gender.
    Its HORRID.

Lesson: THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH...
    dont even dream of getting something for less than 70% its value.
    ONLY BUY FROM REPUTED sources.

• Pe
      19th of Dec, 2007
    325 E. 89th Street
    Phone: 1-800-849-0903
    www.cameraaddict.com

After I placed an order for Canon Powershot G9(Digital Camera) they sent e-mail asking for verification. I called that number and no body answers it. Another time. After waiting for 10 minutes they hang up on me. When I called 1-800 number they told me that I have to pay for the Battery pack for $120 extra and said that battery does not come with the Camera. which is contrary to the new camera package, the new camera package that comes with manufacturer does contain battery. They also said that Germany version will cost extra and wanted to charge $560 which I ordered internet for $330. They are fraud!

21st of Dec, 2007

Yep, real bad. Their 'great' reviews are all fraudulent. They called me and got an extra $80 for a battery 'option' that was included as standard in the Sony box! Real slimebags.

• Fl
      24th of Dec, 2007

They are a fraud. I got the same email to confirm my order but I guess I didn't call early enough that they called me. While trying to sell me stuff for half an hour I just told him that I wasn't interested and only wanted what I ordered. And then I told them I wanted to cancel my order and they wouldn't let me. I told them when they send me my package I will just return it.