Buy Discount Cigarettes / theft

P.O. Box 610Jemez Pueblo, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-437-9797

I sent them a check on Oct. 6, 2008 and did not hear from them. I tried to call but always busy. E-mailed them four times and never an answer. My check has cleared but order not shown as mailed. I don't know what to do. I did business with them for years and all went well. Something has happened.

More Buy Discount Cigarettes Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ro
  17th of Nov, 2008
They and others in NM are under attack by the feds (BATF), who raided one merchant, seized cars, computers, inventory. Disruption is caused by moving business out of NM.
Ri
  18th of Nov, 2008
Thank you Robert...I ordered cigarettes on November 7th and stll don't have them. Today is November 18th. I finally got through to a "live" person and was told that they had moved from NM to Kentucky. My order has said "approved ready to be packed" since the 11th. Still no word on when they are going to ship. When companies are going to pull this crap on customers; the least they could do is to notify them all by email of what is happening instead of just stringing everone along.
  21st of Nov, 2008
I ordered cigarettes Oct. 30. Today is Nov. 21 and I still dont have them. I checked the status, they were sent from New York this morning ( what the heck ??). They are real quick to take our money. Very bad customer service !!!
Rf
  1st of Dec, 2008
The only thing this company seems to be efficient at these days is taking money. Fifty years ago, this company could not have operated without being shut down. Today, it's just accepted. The more we depend on our "government" to protect us, the more we get crapped on.
Ja
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I placed my order 10/29 and still have not received - today is 12/3.

Finally got through to customer service a week and a half ago. Said new e-mail is keystonestatepartners.com
My order had even been given a tracking # - I was very hopeful.

Customer service said to call back in a couple of days if I had not received an e-mail confirming shipping.

Now I get only a busy signal - 24/7 my foot!! The keystone website is "under costruction" and the Post Office has no record of the tracking #.

I'm off to my bank to file a complaint - one customer actually got a refund doing this...
Ga
  4th of Dec, 2008
Geez, I smoke and liked supporting Jemez Pueblo-they are small and I was supporting locals. They were good people to do business with.

But Iving, NY--best service--yep for turtles--they are worthless.

Like all us smokers are going to call Channel 7's investigative team to find out what really happened at this Pueblo-we are the minority and so are they--what really happened with these guys?
  9th of Dec, 2008
I had been using Cigarettes Express for a few years. They started in NY and then moved to Jemez Pueblo NM. Rarely had a problem with their shipments - just much higher shipping costs when they moved the operation west.

Then they moved to Irving NY and my first 2 orders took 12-13 days instead of 3. My third order placed 11/19 never shipped but showed packing in progress indefinitely. Customer service was hard to reach and one woman finally answered and said she was from a Call Center in Virginia taking calls from 5 companies - so believe that all these sites moved from New Mexico to New York and they are not equipped to handle the business.

They responded to most of my emails with boiler plate responses. They now tell you on the phone and via email responses that they require 7 to 14 business days to ship even though their web site when I placed my order says 5 business days for repeat customers. They used to ship in 1 day. When I complained about this misrepresentation, I got an email back saying they were sorry for the miscommunication but the website owner had not yet updated the website. I believe they are leaving it as 5 days on the website because who would order if they knew up front that it would take about a month. They had no problem changing the website from 1 to 3 and then 5 business days.

My last email to them yesterday (12/08) mentioned that if they could not ship this week, I wanted a full refund. Later in the day I did get through to customer service and was told my order was cancelled and a refund issued. They also sent out 2 emails to that effect so am hopeful that they will return the money.

I felt they took the easy way out by canceling me rather than looking into a realistic shipping date for my order but after reading these posts, am hopeful that they will actually return my money. In the meantime I had ordered from another company not in Irving but still don't have a ship date. Since it is my first order with them (Cigarettes America) they have to hold until payment is received. At least they answer the phone promptly when I call.

Does anyone have experience with Cigarettes America?
El
  15th of Dec, 2008
You are just lucky that you received some king of reply some of us have received nothing.
  17th of Dec, 2008
For what it's worth:

I received my first order from Cigarettes America. It took 7 calendar days to ship it since it was my first order with them and they had to verify the checking account information. Thereafter, they will ship in 1 business day like Cigarettes Express and probably the other companies used to do.

They do require a minimum of 5 cartons and sent the package requiring a signature so you pay a little extra for the shipping and would have to go to the post office to pick up if you are not home when it is delivered.

I called them 3 times during that week and each time the phone was picked up in 2 or 3 rings and the person was able to quickly locate my order and give me specific status information.

I did receive a full refund from Cigarettes Express - it reached my bank account 2 days after I requested it.

I will keep checking this website for any updates on improvements to orders shipping from Irving NY. In the meantime I will keep using Cigarettes America.

Buydiscountcigarettes.com Logo Buydiscountcigarettes.com