Burger King / refused to serve breakfast

1 7225 Greenhaven Dr.Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (916) 392-6145

This morning, Saturday, October 25, 2008, I pulled into the drive-thru prior to 10:30AM and attempted to order breakfast. Instead of taking my order, I was told that breakfast was over (the breakfast menu was still displayed). I asked what time they stopped serving breakfast. 10:30, she said. I said "it's not 10:30 yet", and she said, "yes, but it's gone and you can't order breakfast!" So I said I didn't want anything. By now I'm stuck in the drive-thru. When I got to the "pay window", I told this girl that I wanted to file a complaint, that not only is 10:30 too early to stop serving breakfast, especially on the weekend, but it wasn't yet 10:30, the breakfast menu was still displayed, and it's bad business to refuse to serve a customer because for some reason it's inconvenient to make a breakfast sandwich at 10:30 on a Saturday morning. She was rude and trying to make me feel like I had done something wrong. I used to frequent this same Burger King years ago when it was under different management, and the food got so bad that I refused to spend my money at any Burger King until a short time ago. I decided to give Burger King a second chance, since it is under new management. After today, I won't make that mistake again. I drove 2 miles to Jack-in-the-Box, and even though I could barely understand the lady who took my breakfast order at 10:30, she was polite, didn't whine about having to serve me breakfast, and thanked me for my business. That's how you build and maintain a successful business!

Comments

• Ze
      29th of Oct, 2008

Did you consider that perhaps they had run out of stock to SERVE the breakfast, on a Saturday morning, which for many, many Burger King stores across the country, is the busiest day of the week, you ungrateful ###!?

As to the menu board not being turned, they were probably too ###ing busy because it somehow does not occur to ###s like yourself that a bowl of ###ing cereal and milk will ###ing suffice for breakfast if you're really in that much of a ###ing hurry.

You really, honestly want to get breakfast?

###ing show up earlier you ###ing ###. It's called BREAKFAST, not BRUNCH.

Hope you die in a car accident, you stupid ###.

• Ra
      13th of Jan, 2010

Eh... I agree that it should be store policy to keep breakfast up until 10:30 just for the sake of professionalism but this happened to you once and you complain? Zerokiwolf is right in a way, your being ungrateful, be a little understanding, if you've ever worked a fast food job or something similar you should be able to understand, fast food ain't no fun, especially with [censored] customers, and i'm sure you weren't being the most polite person when you found out that there was no BK breakfast left for you.

• Wh
      13th of Jan, 2010

Ungrateful for what!? She is paying money for a service, not asking for a favor! They advertise breakfast until 10:30, and their corporate management has told them serve it until then. Not doing so is plain old dereliction of duty, not to mention lazy, and to display a contemptuous attitude towards someone for pointing it out just proves that they knew it was true. IF YOU ARE IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE WITH YOU, I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU, I JUST WANT YOU TO SERVE ME. GET USED TO THIS IDEA.

• Ge
      11th of Aug, 2010

it dounds like it was 1030 when she wanted to order (which usually means it was really 1040). breakfast stops being served at 1030. next time show up earlier. what makes you so special the rules dont apply you [censor]ing whore?